06-05-2005, 06:28 PM
I'd have to go with
Twins
Red Sox
Yankees
Cubs are a close 4th.

Foulke You
06-05-2005, 06:55 PM
Cubs, Twins, and Yanks about sums it up for me too.

PAPChiSox729
06-05-2005, 07:05 PM
Well just by the teams I go:
1. Twins
2. Cubs
3. Yanks

But if you include their fans, then:
1. Cubs
2. Twins
3. Yanks

The Twinkie fans are a lot father away than the Cubs' fans.

SOXSINCE'70
06-06-2005, 12:13 PM
1.Twinkies

2.sCrUBS

3.Yankmees

JB98
06-06-2005, 12:30 PM
If we're talking about the teams themselves:

1. Twins
2. Cubs
3. Yankees

If we're talking about fans:

1. Cubs
2. Yankees
3. Twins

skottyj242
06-06-2005, 12:32 PM
1. Twins
2. Cubs
3. Seattle (I'm still mad from 2000)
4. Oakland (Why can't we beat them)
5. Red Sox (You won the World Series last year, I get it enough already.)
6. Tigers (We should fight them every year.)
7. Marlins (Won TWO World Series.)
8. Blue Jays (Still mad from 1993.)
9. Orioles (Still mad from 1983.)
10. Pirates (Todd Ritchie for Josh Fogg and Kip Wells.)

Dibbs
06-06-2005, 12:43 PM
1. Cubs
2. Twins
3. Yankees

The Cubs will always be #1 on the list, and the Yankees on it most likely. Twinkies wouldn't even have made the list 5 years ago because they were horrible and will one day be horrible again. I hated the Indians with a passion in the 90's. I hated the Royals in '03....now they are just pesky little mosquitos that I don't hate as much anymore.

StockdaleForVeep
06-06-2005, 12:49 PM
Twins, cubs, anahiem

davenicholson
06-06-2005, 12:56 PM
cubs
yankees
packers
red wings

ma_deuce
06-06-2005, 12:57 PM
1. Cubs
2. Yankees
3. The Los Angeles Anehiem Angels in California.

Chicago83
06-06-2005, 01:06 PM
Hands down Cubs and Red Sox, the media darlings. Also the Yankees and I am not to thrilled with Billy Beane and the Athletics. I can't say I hate the Twins, although out of all the teams that is who I want to see lose the most.

fox23
06-06-2005, 01:10 PM
1. Cubs fans

2. Cubs

3. Red Sox

wdelaney72
06-06-2005, 01:41 PM
:threadsucks

It's not the question that sucks, it's the replies. Come on, people, this is a no-brainer. The correct answer for #1 is and should be the Twins.

skottyj242
06-06-2005, 01:57 PM

It's not the question that sucks, it's the replies. Come on, people, this is a no-brainer. The correct answer for #1 is and should be the Twins.

I agree with you 100% but you should at least apologize to those of us who got it right.

Uncle_Patrick
06-06-2005, 02:03 PM
I would rank the Twins, Indians, Tigers, and Royals as the teams that I dislike. I think the reasons should be obvious. I'm sick of the Red Sox, too, but I don't really hate them.

If we are ranking fans, then I would put the Cubs up there at the top, as well as Yankees fans who come to US Cellular. I don't hate all Yankees fans, but I hate the ones who come to Sox games, particularly those from the East Coast who don't understand why most Chicagoans would prefer their own town to New York. I was, unfortunately, stuck in front of a woman like this a few years ago. She could not understand why Chicagoans didn't realize that New York City was the greatest place on Earth and was shocked that people would chant "New York Sucks".

Hangar18
06-06-2005, 02:30 PM
1. Cubs
2. Cubs
3. Cubs
4. Cubs
5. Yankees
6. Mets

gobears1987
06-06-2005, 02:39 PM
1. Twins
2. Indinans
3. Tigers (remember April 2000)
4. Cubs
5. Yankees

The Royals suck so much that I love having them in our division. 18 gimmes

MarkZ35
06-06-2005, 03:02 PM
1. Scrubs
2. Twinkies
3. Tigers
4. Yankees
5. Indians

PicktoCLick72
06-06-2005, 03:26 PM
1. Cubs fans.

2. Twins

3. Cubs

4. UNC (WE should have won that game)

nebraskasox
06-06-2005, 03:32 PM
1. Twins (agree this is a no brainer)
2. Yankees (perennial on the hate list)
3. Barry Bonds team (he's a talent but a cheater)

Cubs not on the list since I'm one Sox fan who doesn't care one way or another about the Cubs. Maybe if I lived in Chicago and saw the media bias firsthand on a daily basis and had to put up with Cub fans it would be different, but to me the Cubs are just another NL team that happens to play in Chicago. I don't care if they win or lose except when playing our beloved Sox.

fox23
06-06-2005, 03:41 PM

I know I'll probably get beat up on this board for saying it, but I don't really hate the Twins (outside of Torii Hunter). They play the game the right way and don't just go out and buy up the shiniest toy on the block in order to win. I hate the Yankees and Red Sox a heck of a lot more for continually just buying up the best guys from small market teams, thereby driving up the price of the average free agent, which just makes it that much harder for everyone else to win. As long as I'm rambling, how did the Red Sox all of a sudden become the good guy in the league? They've got the second highest payroll in the league, over $20 million above the next closest team and close to $50 million above the Sox. Yet somehow they are portrayed as the David against the Yankee's Goliath. And their fans are idiots.

Besides, if the Twins were horrible all that city would have to look forward to is snow and watching the Vikings choke.

DaleJRFan
06-06-2005, 03:43 PM

How can anyone dislike the Marlins while hating the Cubs? The Marlins kept the Cubs out of the world series. And ONLY TWO world series titles?? Oh gosh... that's a really low number. 2 World Series titles in 12 years. That's working out to a .160 percentage. That's spectacular.

And if you are miffed about the Ritchie trade, shouldn't you be miffed with Ritchie for sucking, or miffed with KW for making the trade??

eastchicagosoxfan
06-06-2005, 03:50 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Divisional rivals come and go, but the Cubs are eternal.

Cubs
Yankees
Twins In 1994 it was Cleveland, and before them Oakland, and in the 1970's and early '80's, the Royals.

kcsportscaster
06-06-2005, 04:01 PM
1. Cubs
2. Marlins (It's the Braves fan in me)
3. Yankees
4. Red Sox
5. Mets (See #2)
6. Indians
7. Twins
8. Phillies

chisoxfan64
06-06-2005, 04:06 PM
scrubs
flubs
cubs
scrub fans
where the scrubs play

whtsx1959
06-06-2005, 04:30 PM
1. Twins, we've been beating them this year, but i dislike/jealous how they turn no namers into a winning team
2. Cubs, the fans give me reason, and zambrano
3. Tigers, April 1991, 16-0 shutout when we opened new comiskey

TaylorStSox
06-06-2005, 04:41 PM
Teams I hate.... (in order)

Tigers
Twins
A's
Yankees
Indians
Royals
Red Sox
Seattle
Reds
Dodgers

Teams I like......

White Sox
Cardinals
Marlins
Pirates
DRays

I'm indifferent to the rest of the teams in baseball. Unless, they're playing us.

whitesoxfan
06-06-2005, 05:11 PM
Twins, Yanks, Red Sox and Indians in no particular order.

Seattle did piss me off when they swept us in 2000, but they got their punishment as they've sucked for the last 2 years.

in terms of other sports: Lakers, Viqueens, Eagles, Falcons (becuase of all the bandwagon fans) and the Wizards now.

StockdaleForVeep
06-06-2005, 05:35 PM
Im editing my reply, and the posts above are right, number 1 should be the twins, who cares about the cubs anyway, worry about hatin them should they make the world series with us

1. twins
2. Toledo Football
3. Redwings
4. cubs
5. Angels
6. st louis blues
7. yankees
8. BGSU
9. U of I

soxwon
06-06-2005, 06:31 PM
cubs
yankees
packers
red wings

who are the red wings?
oh i remember now
they used to play a game called HOCKEY.

ChiSoxRowand
06-06-2005, 06:33 PM
1. Cubs
2.Yankees
3. Mets

ShoelessJoeS
06-06-2005, 08:40 PM
1. twins
2. cubs
3. yanks
boston is slowly making progress on the list, maybe its jealousy?

A. Cavatica
06-06-2005, 09:28 PM
Come on, people, this is a no-brainer. The correct answer for #1 is and should be the Twins.

*****. There is no correct answer.

I don't hate the Twins so much as I hate the way the Sox rolled over and gave them the Central each of the last several years. The Twins are really a great story: a small-market team threatened with contraction that embraced team baseball (on the field and through cost-effective roster management) and started winning. We could've and should've owned this division since the Cleveland dynasty broke up, and I don't blame the Twins for their success.

I only mildly hate the Cubs. Sure, people who know nothing about baseball go through a brief Cubbie phase, but in the end the Cubs are just inconsequential.

The only team I really hate is the Yankees, because they just win by outspending everybody else.

TheOldRoman
06-06-2005, 09:32 PM
1. Cubs
2. Cubs
3. Cubs
4. Cubs
5. Yankees
6. Mets
Oh Hangar, you only hate the Mets because of their black jerseys. :cool:

CanBuehrleWait
06-06-2005, 11:11 PM
1) Twins :angry::angry::angry:
2) Red Cubs (I'm suppoused to kiss a*s and feel happy for a team with the second highest payroll in baseball..... twice that of the WHite Sox and the Cardinals they swept last year. Please):angry::angry:
3) Cubs (Just the fans... where I work its around 85% Cubs fans):angry:

SOX ADDICT '73
06-07-2005, 12:22 AM
The people who say "A Cubs loss is as good as a Sox win" don't belong on this site; but "A Twins loss is as good as a Sox win" is the truth (as long as we're 1-2 in the standings, anyway).

I don't think the Twins, or their fans, are such a great story anymore. They've gotten smug and cocky after their recent success, and they seem to be of the opinion that the Sox are merely keeping their spot warm for now.

I think Ron Gardenhire made a deal with the devil. How else can you explain their luck over the last three years (more bloops than any team has a right to), or their freakishly deep farm system? When any of their starters goes down, there's always some HOFer-in-the-making that comes up from AAA to kill us. Therefore...

1. Twins
2. Twins
3. Twins
4. Indians
5. Tigers
6. Royals
7. Yankees (I just think it's funny when they lose, except to the above 4 teams)

I couldn't care less about the Cubs or the Red Sox. Their fans, however...:angry:

On a related note, anyone who's upset that, after such a hot start, the Sox are "only" four games in 1st ought to put the shoe on the other foot. The Twins record is good enough for 1st place in three of the other five MLB divisions (and only a game behind Baltimore), and yet they sit a "whole" four games back of the White Sox!
:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

Nellie_Fox
06-07-2005, 12:46 AM
The people who say "A Cubs loss is as good as a Sox win" don't belong on this site.Yeah. I only think that a Cubs loss is the next best thing to a Sox win.

Division rivals come and go. The Cubs will always be in Chicago, being the darlings of the media.

For me:

1. Cubs
2. Yankees.

and that's it.

pinwheels3530
06-07-2005, 11:00 AM
1. Twins
2. Yankees
3. Indians
4. Cubs/ Red Sox
5. Tigers
6. Orioles/ A's

D. TODD
06-07-2005, 11:46 AM
1. Cubs
2. Duke basketball
3. Indiana basketball

Only teams I can't stand to see win in any point of any season.

Celtics, Packers, Michigan football --- Honarable mention

chaz171
06-07-2005, 12:00 PM
The Twins followed by cleveland, detroit and Kansas City.

Let's concern ourselves with this division before hating teams that we'll face in the ALDS or ALCS.

Pasqua's Posers
06-07-2005, 05:00 PM
QUOTING:
1. Twins
2. Cubs
3. Seattle (I'm still mad from 2000)
4. Oakland (Why can't we beat them)
5. Red Sox (You won the World Series last year, I get it enough already.)
6. Tigers (We should fight them every year.)
8. Blue Jays (Still mad from 1993.)
9. Orioles (Still mad from 1983.)

I agree...HATE the red sux and their fans...Ortiz is a piece of garbage...Twins...and flubs are no-brainers. But I'm still mad at the Orioles from 83, the Jays from 93, and the M's from 2000.

Dibbs
06-07-2005, 05:08 PM

No, the replies are just fine. The question is who is most dislike...for me it is hands down the Cubs. ALWAYS will be. If the question was "What team do you want to see lose tonight?"....then I would say the Twins for the good of the White Sox.

williefan22
06-07-2005, 07:02 PM
1. Cubs- Don't mind the team too much, but the fans just ruin it for me.
2. Twins- they just suck
3. Red Sox- Their fans are pretty much as bad as Cubs fans. Going to school on the east coast has opened my eyes to how annoying these Boston fans are. All they do is complain about the Yankees and how they have all the amazing players and its unfair yet they have a gazilion dollar payroll. Also despise the fact that the nation knows them as the Sox even though we were the Sox before them.
4. Yankees- I hate everything that is New York

pmck003
06-07-2005, 11:19 PM
No, the replies are just fine. The question is who is most dislike...for me it is hands down the Cubs. ALWAYS will be. If the question was "What team do you want to see lose tonight?"....then I would say the Twins for the good of the White Sox.

Well put; also
2. Yankees

chidonez
06-07-2005, 11:50 PM
Besides the obvious, I'd like to add the Giants, Atlanta, and the Mets (from my time in an NL town). In the AL, I never liked the Indians much.

Mr. White Sox
06-08-2005, 12:03 AM
Yankees: Hate + No Respect = :angry:
Minnesota: Hate + Respect = :mad:
Flubs: Don't Hate + No Respect = :?:

RavenswoodFan
06-08-2005, 12:21 AM
1.Yankees
2.Cubs
3.Twins
4.Dodgers
5.RedSox

chitownhawkfan
06-08-2005, 12:42 AM
1. Scrubs
2. Red Sox
3. Yankees
4. Indians
5. Twinkies

I know that the Indians and Twinkies are in our division but I just cannot deal with the national media mainly the east coasters at Baseball Tonight just bending over backwards for the top three on my list. I'm tired of seeing Yankees and Cubs coverage leading off the show the Sox HAVE THE BEST RECORD IN BASEBALL, just because we dont have some ridiculous f****in curse we don't get any respect. At least I can respect the Twinkies fans for being in the same boat. All that being said I am really hoping they lose because they are our only threat in the division, but if they were 15 games back I wouldnt care if they lost. I always hope the Cubbies, Sawx, and Yanks, lose.

:andy
Lets all agree that we need Andy back

soxfan26
06-08-2005, 09:06 AM
1. Red Sox
2. Cubs
3. Twins

The Racehorse
06-08-2005, 12:33 PM
I find these type of threads funny... I'm ambivalent toward every team that is not the Chicago White Sox.

Why would I give a **** about investing any emotional energy to another team? I guess it's just me.

Johnny Mostil
06-08-2005, 01:28 PM
1. Shelbyville Shelbyvillians

2. Oakwood, Valley Tech, and the Mudlarks' other conference rivals

3. The Congressional baseball teams

clee-hegone
06-09-2005, 03:07 AM
yanks-twins-mets

ondafarm
06-09-2005, 07:56 AM
Yomiri Giants

New York Yankees

Toledo Mudhens

(just me though)

SoxFan78
06-09-2005, 09:05 AM
1. Twinkies
1a. Cubs
2. Yankees

Johnny Mostil
06-09-2005, 09:21 AM
Toledo Mudhens

What?!?!? Are you a Columbus Clippers fan? Or is just the fans of the Mud Hens you don't like?

Jurr
06-09-2005, 11:42 AM
1. Twins

2. Cubs

3. Yankees

4. Red Sox

C-Dawg
06-09-2005, 12:24 PM
Teams:

1. Twinks
2. Cubs
3. Braves

Fans:

1. Cubs
2. Red Sox
3. Uh, probably the Twinks I guess

I used to be indifferent towards the Red Sox until the first time I saw them at the Cell; I felt their fans were very arrogant, and they were mocking us and saying we could NEVER catch Minnesota. Now really, do any of us go to Boston and start crap with the Red Sox fans, regarding their rivalry with the Yankees?

ondafarm
06-09-2005, 12:36 PM
What?!?!? Are you a Columbus Clippers fan? Or is just the fans of the Mud Hens you don't like?

a) Worse, Indianapolis Indians, Charlotte Knights and Durham Bulls fan. Everywhere I go, the Mudhens are beating their brains in. (Or is it just when I'm in attendance?)

b) Yeah, the fans too.

1951Campbell
06-09-2005, 12:39 PM
1. Twins

2. Cubs

3. Yankees

4. Indians

Johnny Mostil
06-09-2005, 01:00 PM
a) Worse, Indianapolis Indians, Charlotte Knights and Durham Bulls fan. Everywhere I go, the Mudhens are beating their brains in. (Or is it just when I'm in attendance?)

b) Yeah, the fans too.

I don't know about (a). I hadn't checked the I-League standings in a long time, but I just saw the Mud Hens trail the Indians bya half-game--so it may be you. Sorry.

I've been to both Clipper and Mud Hen games, but not Indians or Bulls. At a Clipper game, I bought a tape of a really corny Clipper theme song. As I recall, one of the lines was something like, "Clippers, Columbus Clippers, the Clippers are our hometown heroes." Like I said, corny.

Anyway, I later learned the Mud Hens had their own song, with much more of a rock beat (I bought that tape as well, though I can't recall any of the lines), and the vendors selling those tapes disdained the Clippers, their fans, and their song. Maybe it was beyond an Isotope/Shebyvillian rivalry and dislike, and fear of the Capital City (and its Goofball mascot?) . . .

Hendu
06-10-2005, 06:41 PM
Ok, after the obvious choices of the twins, tribe and flubbies I have to say the BlowSox and here are the reasons (in no particular order):

Peter Gammons, Ben Affleck, Drew Barrymore and Jimmy Fallon hugging players on the field right after they won the world series, Stephen King, that lame HBO documentary, ESPN, the franchise's racist past, curse of the Bambino, "Red Sox nation", calling the Wankees the Evil Empire despite the Red Sox having a payroll well over 100 mil, Bronson Arroyo and his cornrows last year, the bloody sock, the exaggerated New England accents that sportscasters take on when doing Red Sox highlights, their name (every time I see an article on the Sox, I get my hopes up only to find out it's about them).
I'm all out of reasons for now; anyone care to add to the list?

kojak
06-10-2005, 06:58 PM
*****. There is no correct answer.

I don't hate the Twins so much as I hate the way the Sox rolled over and gave them the Central each of the last several years. The Twins are really a great story: a small-market team threatened with contraction that embraced team baseball (on the field and through cost-effective roster management) and started winning. We could've and should've owned this division since the Cleveland dynasty broke up, and I don't blame the Twins for their success.

I only mildly hate the Cubs. Sure, people who know nothing about baseball go through a brief Cubbie phase, but in the end the Cubs are just inconsequential.

The only team I really hate is the Yankees, because they just win by outspending everybody else.

This really says it all for me!

But to play along:

1) Yankees
2) Tar Heels
3) Yankees
4) Tar Heels
...and so on through #25...
26) Duke
27) 49ers
28) The 1989 Michigan BB team
29) 1993 Blue Jays
30) 1983 Orioles