PDA

View Full Version : Frank and Konerko

Garlandfan33
06-05-2005, 04:39 PM
I'm not trying to make any waves, and I know this issue has been re-hatched over and over again but do you think that if the Sox were to not keep konerko and frank would this team have any chance of competing. The only reason I ask is from what I have read so far it is trying to decide which one the sox should keep and I'm just trying to look at it from a different angle and wonder what we would do without both of them.

munchman33
06-05-2005, 05:05 PM
I'm not trying to make any waves, and I know this issue has been re-hatched over and over again but do you think that if the Sox were to not keep konerko and frank would this team have any chance of competing. The only reason I ask is from what I have read so far it is trying to decide which one the sox should keep and I'm just trying to look at it from a different angle and wonder what we would do without both of them.

Well, firstbase and DH are two of the easiest positions to find replacements. Heck, putting Gload at one of the spots next year has a plus, simply because he's a lefty.

I think they'll keep one of them. At this point, it'll probably be Frank, as Konerko is having his second season as statistically the worst everyday MLB position player, both in the last three years.

PicktoCLick72
06-05-2005, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by munchman33
Konerko is having his second season as statistically the worst everyday MLB position player, both in the last three years.

What? THere are two guys on the SOx that have worse numbers than him. Crede and Dye.

munchman33
06-05-2005, 05:42 PM
What? THere are two guys on the SOx that have worse numbers than him. Crede and Dye.

I disagree. Konerko hit most of his homeruns in the first ten games of the season and has been absolutely brutal since.

Crede won't be a regular by the end of the season if he continues hitting like he is and won't qualify.

And as of today, Dye's season is looking a lot more promising than Paulie's.

ode to veeck
06-05-2005, 05:47 PM
Well, firstbase and DH are two of the easiest positions to find replacements

Maybe so, if you don't care about what quality your replacements are. As for me, I'd take a healthy Hurt over just about anybody at DH.

Fake Chet Lemon
06-05-2005, 07:53 PM
We aren't the Royals, I'd stop worrying about next year. Enjoy the moment and let Kenny Williams ponder such things for now.

Jurr
06-05-2005, 08:03 PM
We aren't the Royals, I'd stop worrying about next year. Enjoy the moment and let Kenny Williams ponder such things for now.
Exactly...if you want to start worrying about things, remember that we've got a guy on the bench that is built in a Doug Mientkieoiuwerewz model (defense, good contact hitter, some power) in Gload, and he's a good replacement for Konerko if he decides to bolt.

God knows what's going to happen to Frank. Maybe we should worry about those things in October, AFTER the smoke clears.

Infallible
06-05-2005, 09:22 PM
I think its high time KW does the wheeling dealing of a century.....trade all of them. Big Frank, PK, Dye, and Crede get rid of them all for future prospects.....the seasons already over with.

PAPChiSox729
06-05-2005, 09:30 PM
I think its high time KW does the wheeling dealing of a century.....trade all of them. Big Frank, PK, Dye, and Crede get rid of them all for future prospects.....the seasons already over with.
:tealpolice:

You have got to be kidding...