PDA

View Full Version : Boras blinks

Ol' No. 2
06-05-2005, 10:55 AM
I didn't see it mentioned here, but in today's Phil Rogers' article (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-050604rogers,1,2203175.column?page=2&coll=cs-columnists) he reports that Boras caved 15 min. before the deadline and both Drew and Weaver signed.

soxfanreggie
06-05-2005, 11:15 AM
Well, the amount of money the teams likely saved is worth it; however, I hope the players kept in shape. Pitching non-competitively for almost a year could cost them bigtime.

MisterB
06-05-2005, 02:01 PM
I found this tidbit at the end cute:

"We went from being the Rolls-Royce of stolen bases last year to being a Chevette. And, sometimes, I think we're a Model-T. We just don't have a lot of speed this year." coach Dave Nelson on the Brewers, who led the National League with 138 stolen bases a year ago and entered the weekend with only 28, which ranked seventh.

Gee, sounds like they could use a guy like Scott Podsednik....:D:

Ol' No. 2
06-05-2005, 02:02 PM
I found this tidbit at the end cute:

Gee, sounds like they could use a guy like Scott Podsednik....:D:I got a chuckle out of that one, too.

DumpJerry
06-05-2005, 03:43 PM
Personally, I find it amazing that a kid would choose Borassss as his agent when starting out his career. Borassss is the guy you need when you're washed up or injujred and you want top, top dollar. If you're a no-name coming out of high school or college, choosing Borassss will make you a marked person.If I had a son who played baseball and Borasss showed up at my door looking to represent him, I would just shoot the SOB. No jury with at least one baseball fan on it would convict me.

gosox41
06-05-2005, 05:27 PM
I didn't see it mentioned here, but in today's Phil Rogers' article (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-050604rogers,1,2203175.column?page=2&coll=cs-columnists) he reports that Boras caved 15 min. before the deadline and both Drew and Weaver signed.

While I don't know where both parites were in negotations after the 2004 draft, I'm certain both teams were at a level close to where they are now while Boras sounds like he was double that.

So basically Bora$$ cost his 2 players a year of eligiblity to maybe make an extra 500K for his clients. It's not like AZ or the Angels were offering a million bucks. They knew these guys were premium players and represented by Bora$$ when drafted. Bora$$ got greedy and it may have cost his clients in the log run. There's talk of bringing Weaver up this year. He could have been earning service time last year.

Bob