PDA

View Full Version : Stop the Flubs. I'm not happy

DumpJerry
06-05-2005, 01:55 AM
The Freaks just took two of three from the Padres, the team who had, going into the series, the best home record in MLB (now tied with the Real Sox for that title). When the Freaks won 6 in a row before the San Diego series, I told giddy Flub fans that they will die in San Diego-a real baseball team.

What do we do??? Their fans will be happy and in our faces as if the White Sox are cellar dwellars! I know in the heart of hearts that the Flubs' season wil go nowhere and that mediocre teams like the Flubs tend to have a hot streak followed by a dive that puts them in a worse position than they were in before the hot streak.

Hopefully, if it means that the Flubs can take 2 of 3 in San Diego, then we can sweep them next week there!

ilsox7
06-05-2005, 02:21 AM
The Freaks just took two of three from the Padres, the team who had, going into the series, the best home record in MLB (now tied with the Real Sox for that title). When the Freaks won 6 in a row before the San Diego series, I told giddy Flub fans that they will die in San Diego-a real baseball team.

What do we do??? Their fans will be happy and in our faces as if the White Sox are cellar dwellars! I know in the heart of hearts that the Flubs' season wil go nowhere and that mediocre teams like the Flubs tend to have a hot streak followed by a dive that puts them in a worse position than they were in before the hot streak.

Hopefully, if it means that the Flubs can take 2 of 3 in San Diego, then we can sweep them next week there!

Here's an idea: concentrate on the Sox. Sure it's nice to see the Cubs lose, but with the Sox going the way they are, the Cubs should be far from your minds on most days.

Banix12
06-05-2005, 02:56 AM
They plowed through the weak part of their schedule beating up on Houston, Colorado and a banged up Dodgers squad and in the padres series have beaten a rookie starter and Darrell May, he of the 19 losses for KC last season and they will miss Jake Peavy tomorrow because he and a few other Padres have come down with Upper Respiratory Infections. They are beating the teams and pitchers they are supposed to beat, which is actually a step up because they were losing to teams like these a couple of weeks ago.

I'm not gonna take any credit away from them for this hot streak, they have a few players who are hitting well and have gotten some solid pitching.

However things are gonna get tougher for them soon because starting with this Padres series they are on a streak where they are facing a lot of .500 or above teams and they don't get to face a pushover team until mid july when they get Pittsburgh. And even with the hot streak they are still trailing the Cards by 6.5 games.

Also remember, much like the Sox the last few years, the cubs have an all or nothing offense, they can go on hot streaks like this but are just as capable of cold streaks, like they were on before the streak.

So don't worry about it and just enjoy the Sox

The Racehorse
06-05-2005, 08:08 AM
I don't give a crap about the Cubs.

soxfan26
06-05-2005, 09:01 AM
The Freaks just took two of three from the Padres

:whocares

SOXSINCE'70
06-05-2005, 11:14 AM

The sCrUBS play a 4 gamer in San Diego,BTW.

Just a reminder: the WHITE SOX HAVE A 4 1/2 GAME LEAD
IN THEIR DIVISION.

Don't worry about the North Side Crybaby NL club.The Cardinals still have
a 6 1/2 game lead on those bee-yotches!!

Just worry about the Sox.They'll kick everyone's ass,in time.
It's more important that all the teams in the AL Central lost yesterday.

All except the WHITE SOX!!:) :) :)

DumpJerry
06-05-2005, 11:45 AM
I do focus on us and us only. As I told the people sitting around me at Friday's game, it does not matter what the Twins, etc. do as long as we win.

But............The $%&$%& Flub fans intrude on my parade with their drivel. I just wish they would all go the way of the goat and their 2003 WS chances.....

Ol' No. 2
06-05-2005, 11:50 AM
Relax. It's June, which rhymes with swoon. But really, which is more fun, watching the Cubs flop in June or a spectacular September collapse?

cheeses_h_rice
06-05-2005, 01:46 PM
Why are you worrying about a team that's barely above .500?

Baby Fisk
06-05-2005, 01:48 PM
I do focus on us and us only. As I told the people sitting around me at Friday's game, it does not matter what the Twins, etc. do as long as we win.

But............The $%&$%& Flub fans intrude on my parade with their drivel. I just wish they would all go the way of the goat and their 2003 WS chances.....C'mon DumpJerry, pull yourself together! Bow your neck! Stretch!

If all else fails, pour yourself a drink :gulp:
...and look forward to October baseball on the south side. :thumbsup:

Fredsox
06-05-2005, 01:50 PM
If the Padres can be beaten by the flubs 2 out of 3 then they should be easy pickings for a real baseball team. We see them next weekend so we'll see.

White Sox Josh
06-05-2005, 02:07 PM
If the Padres can be beaten by the flubs 2 out of 3 then they should be easy pickings for a real baseball team. We see them next weekend so we'll see.Also remember that in the 1st game Brian Giles wasn't in the lineup and in yesterday's game Klesko wasn't in the lineup.

bigfoot
06-05-2005, 02:26 PM
"..... But really, which is more fun, watching the Cubs flop in June or a spectacular September collapse?[/QUOTE]

Yessssssss!

samram
06-05-2005, 02:28 PM
As I was reading this thread, Chip Caray, doing the Braves broadcast on Turner South, was talking about the Cubs' current play, and said he believed that since Prior and Wood are gone, the Cubs are playing well because there's very little pressure on them to win withouth those two. This makes a lot of sense to me because the Baker-Cubs have shown they don't really play well when expected to win. It was also a nice, subtle dig at the Cubs by Chip.:smile:

mr_genius
06-05-2005, 02:33 PM
who cares about the cubs? not mr_genius

oh yea, all the scrubbie fans i know acknowledge the sox and certainly do not suggest we are "cellar dwellers"
:?:

soxwon
06-05-2005, 09:31 PM
[QUOTE=SOXSINCE'70]The sCrUBS play a 4 gamer in San Diego,BTW.

Just a reminder: the WHITE SOX HAVE A 4 1/2 GAME LEAD
IN THEIR DIVISION.
__________________________________________________ ___________________

thats a 3-1/2 game lead now.

PAPChiSox729
06-05-2005, 09:43 PM
Relax. It's June, which rhymes with swoon. But really, which is more fun, watching the Cubs flop in June or a spectacular September collapse?

:D:

Ah, how it would suck to be a Cubs' fan.

soxstarter
06-05-2005, 10:32 PM
D.J. is right. The sox must have the phenomenal season they are having to get the kind of recognition that the Cubs get for winning two games against the Padres. And for this small feat you never hear the end of it from Cubs fans.

So now we have taken a moment to have a well deserved gripe.....

Back to the Sox!:army

chisoxmike
06-05-2005, 10:47 PM
:whocares

The Sox have been in 1st place all season and the best team in baseball, thats all I care about.

I think we should care more about the Twins creeping up in the standings.

dcb33
06-05-2005, 11:25 PM

Big whoop. Let them talk all they want. The plain truth of the situation is that with the exception of the Padres, they've been beating up on marginal to terrible teams. The offense has been hitting out of its mind, which will not continue, and as soon as it comes back down to earth they are going to have 2 automatic losses out of 5 starts with Koronka and Mitre in the rotation.

When they started their tear on May 23rd agains Houston, the Cubs were 20-22, 7 games behind the Cardinals at 28-16. Today, June 5th, the Cubs stand at 30-25, 5.5 games behind the Cardinals record of 36-20. So after all of this winning by the Cubs, they've only picked up 1.5 games on the Cardinals. Even though the Cubs have been playing out of their minds they've barely made a dent in the Cardinals lead, so unless the Cardinals completely fall apart, the Cubs stand no chance in the Central.

In the Wild Card race, they're going to have to beat Arizona, Los Angeles, and pretty much everyone who doesn't win the NL East. That's a lot of teams, and you have to figure at least one will outpace the Cubs. Things are still not looking good on the North Side.

Still waiting
06-05-2005, 11:51 PM
Big whoop. Let them talk all they want. The plain truth of the situation is that with the exception of the Padres, they've been beating up on marginal to terrible teams. The offense has been hitting out of its mind, which will not continue, and as soon as it comes back down to earth they are going to have 2 automatic losses out of 5 starts with Koronka and Mitre in the rotation.

When they started their tear on May 23rd agains Houston, the Cubs were 20-22, 7 games behind the Cardinals at 28-16. Today, June 5th, the Cubs stand at 30-25, 5.5 games behind the Cardinals record of 36-20. So after all of this winning by the Cubs, they've only picked up 1.5 games on the Cardinals. Even though the Cubs have been playing out of their minds they've barely made a dent in the Cardinals lead, so unless the Cardinals completely fall apart, the Cubs stand no chance in the Central.

In the Wild Card race, they're going to have to beat Arizona, Los Angeles, and pretty much everyone who doesn't win the NL East. That's a lot of teams, and you have to figure at least one will outpace the Cubs. Things are still not looking good on the North Side.

First off, I'll admit, I'm a Cubs fan. Secondly, congrats on your teams hot start. I'm sure White Sox fans are very excited.

As far as the post above, the Cubs were 8.5 back before last Sundays game against the Rockies. From last Sunday to this Sunday, they have gained 3 games on the Cardinals. The Cubs have gone 7-1, while the Cardinals went 4-4.

Having won 9 of 10 now, the Cubs now are the wild card leaders and have a legit chance of catching the Cardinals. We'll see what happens when Prior and Wood come back. I'll leave Nomar out of the equation as Perez has been better than Nomar might have been.

Anyway, again, congrats on your teams start. Should be a great summer of baseball in Chicago.

voodoochile
06-05-2005, 11:57 PM
First off, I'll admit, I'm a Cubs fan. Secondly, congrats on your teams hot start. I'm sure White Sox fans are very excited.

As far as the post above, the Cubs were 8.5 back before last Sundays game against the Rockies. From last Sunday to this Sunday, they have gained 3 games on the Cardinals. The Cubs have gone 7-1, while the Cardinals went 4-4.

Having won 9 of 10 now, the Cubs now are the wild card leaders and have a legit chance of catching the Cardinals. We'll see what happens when Prior and Wood come back. I'll leave Nomar out of the equation as Perez has been better than Nomar might have been.

Anyway, again, congrats on your teams start. Should be a great summer of baseball in Chicago.

You came to WSI expecting rational discussion about the flubbies and their wild card chances? :?:

You read the title and all of the posts in this thread and this is how you respond? :rolleyes:

You think you can get by with it by throwing out aa "Hey, congratulations and hope your team continues to play well." :dunno:

You don't get it at all and I am not waiting for you to figure it out...

Hope you enjoyed your first post... it was your last...:dtroll:

Still waiting
06-06-2005, 12:01 AM
huh?

voodoochile
06-06-2005, 12:04 AM
huh?

Okay, I relented and let a second post go up. I did it to prove you truly have no idea what this site is about.

You want to talk flubs baseball, this is the wrong place. Trust me, I'm doing you a favor...:cool:

DumpJerry
06-06-2005, 12:39 AM
huh?
First of all: :welcome: (I don't want you to think we a bunch of ogres here)
Second: Voodoochile is the Administrator here. Pay heed to his warnings. He has the authority to ban you if you troll. Trolling is covered in the code of conduct.
Third: If you want to see what kind of comments will get someone banned from here, go to The Roadhouse.

Viva Medias B's
06-06-2005, 07:48 AM
:ass
"The Cubs have a better chance of making the playoffs than the Sox."

The mediot pants wetting has started already. I get concerned with Cubs winning because it has a deleterious effect upon us. Us losing and them winning is our worst nightmare. I don't need to tell you why.