PDA

View Full Version : The AL Least

kojak
06-04-2005, 08:06 PM
I'm waiting for The Mediots to make a big deal of the fact that the Sox have been bulking up on the much-maligned AL Central. But a closer look reveals some interesting things:

*only 1 Central team has a losing record against another division
That would be KC's 3-10 record against the AL West.

*only 3 teams have a winning record against the AL Central:
Boston (3-1)
Texas (12-9)
LA (16-14)

I think then that it would be fair to say that we (the AL Central) own the East and have put a firm down payment on the West!

nedlug
06-04-2005, 08:21 PM
"Well, that stat just proves Boston's absolute dominance over the ALC. The Red Sox and Yankees will be there at the end of the year - because those are the only teams we know about."
- most everyone at ESPN

Sox of White
06-04-2005, 08:26 PM
I'm not sure who it was, but after the White Sox game today on FOX, some schmoe was all like. RED SOX. YANKEES. EAST IS THE BEST. I was thinking, is this ESPN? No, it was definitely FOX, but I am still not surprised. After all, everyone loves everything on the east coast.

itsnotrequired
06-04-2005, 10:14 PM
Can't help but cheer for the Yankees right now (well, as long as they are playing the Twins).

It is also interesting to note that going into today, the team with the second best record in the AL wasn't even a division leader. It was the Twins at a half game above Baltimore. Shows you what kind of team they have but also shows you what an even greater team is in the Sox. Should be a great race to the finish. Here's to the wild card coming out of the AL Central!:gulp:

jeremydavid
06-04-2005, 10:16 PM
Beating the Twins in the playoffs would be so awesome. I hope us and the twins both finish with the best records in the AL and meet in ALCS.

gobears1987
06-04-2005, 10:17 PM
I do not like this at all. I'd rather see the AL East beating on the Twins and having a winning Central record, so long as those wins aren't against us that is.

itsnotrequired
06-04-2005, 10:21 PM
Beating the Twins in the playoffs would be so awesome. I hope us and the twins both finish with the best records in the AL and meet in ALCS.

As much as I would love to see something like a Frank Thomas walk-off homer to win the pennant, I would rather have someone else finish off the Twins.

rwcescato
06-04-2005, 11:18 PM

I agree. There would be nothing sweeter than beating the Twins in the ALCS.
You think there fans hate us now. Just wait until that happens.
Rich

Clembasbal
06-05-2005, 09:37 AM
You know the Cardinals are 21-4 against the NL Central and nobody talks about that.

You have to beat up on your division if you want to win the title. That's a fact.

Jurr
06-05-2005, 12:54 PM
As much as I would love to see something like a Frank Thomas walk-off homer to win the pennant, I would rather have someone else finish off the Twins.
No question. My nerves couldn't handle that series.

nedlug
06-05-2005, 01:08 PM
If I had a preference on who we play in the playoffs, I would actually want to play the Twins. Why is everyone so scared of this team? I know they've beaten up on us soundly before this year, but with this year's team, I think that we have a great chance to beat anyone in baseball in a playoff series. Therefore, I'd actually want to play the Twins in the playoffs, to exorcise the demons. Either way, it would be a great series! I would love it!

kojak
06-05-2005, 01:17 PM
If I had a preference on who we play in the playoffs, I would actually want to play the Twins. Why is everyone so scared of this team? I know they've beaten up on us soundly before this year, but with this year's team, I think that we have a great chance to beat anyone in baseball in a playoff series. Therefore, I'd actually want to play the Twins in the playoffs, to exorcise the demons. Either way, it would be a great series! I would love it!

My feelings exactly! We are the only ones who can avenge ourselves for the last 4 seasons of being bridesmaids to the Twins.

I fear NO team this year. Bring 'em all on!

Fake Chet Lemon
06-05-2005, 07:44 PM

An all AL Central ALCS would be awesome! Imagine all the nashing of teeth about the low ratings and everything else that could be thought of. I would love that. Insult to injury, if Basketball and Hockey are both on strike east-coasters will almost be forced to watch two teams from fly-over country do battle. Ha-Ha!