PDA

View Full Version : Crying Cubbie Fans...

DrCrawdad
06-04-2005, 08:38 PM
So, I'm listening to J-Hood's Southside PostGame and this Cubbie fan calls in complaining about Sox fans. He's crying about how there are Cubs Suck shirts on sale outside the park, etc.

I'm not interested in the substance of the complaints. It just seems to me that after every Sox win you can expect to hear Cubbie fans calling in to complain about the Sox, Sox fans and The Cell. Oftentimes they don't disclose that they are Cubbie fans, and if Mike Murphy is the SCORE host you can be sure that he won't ask, but I'd bet that nearly every complaint following Sox games on the radio are from Cubbie fans.

The Sox are a damn good team this year. If you don't like the Sox, Sox fans or the park, here's some advice, don't go and if you do keep your cry baby candyass mouth shut.

:angry: :angry:

LongLiveFisk
06-04-2005, 08:42 PM
Apparently these bozos know nothing about the "Sox Suck" shirts which are sold outside Wrigley Field.

Oh wait, Cubs fans don't care about the Sox, so that's not possible!

What a bunch of crybabies.
:whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

DrCrawdad
06-04-2005, 09:01 PM
Apparently these bozos know nothing about the "Sox Suck" shirts which are sold outside Wrigley Field.

Oh wait, Cubs fans don't care about the Sox, so that's not possible!

What a bunch of crybabies.
:whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

I attended a Monday afternoon game earlier this season at The Shrine when the Cubbies played the Padres. I passed one street shirt vendor on the way in and he was selling one tee-shirt, SOX SUCK. I should have taken a picture.

When the Cubbies won the NL Central the Sun-Times reported that there was a loud chant about the Sox sucking.

Last Saturday I was in the Lantern, a bar in Naperville. I stepped in to see the last couple innings of the Sox/Angels game. There was a Cubbie fan sitting at the bar loudly cheering when the Sox gave up the lead.

...wait a minute all those things don't add up to anything, 'cos I'm always told that Cubbie fans don't care about the Sox.

C-Dawg
06-04-2005, 09:49 PM
I attended a Monday afternoon game earlier this season at The Shrine when the Cubbies played the Padres. I passed one street shirt vendor on the way in and he was selling one tee-shirt, SOX SUCK.

I went to the Cubs-Phillies game May 9 and saw those same vendors; I hollered "Hey the Sox aren't playing here moron!" but I don't think the message sunk in.

A friend of mine is a Cubs fan and always uses the Sox-fan-wearing-anti-Cub-shirts argument to slam our fans; I told him he needs to come to the Cell when the Red Sox are here and see their fans' shirts: "F*** the Yankees!!" and stuff like that.... Good-old fashioned East Coast profanity that makes the CHOKE shirts seem G-Rated by comparison.

CubsfansareDRUNK
06-04-2005, 09:56 PM
there's nothing wrong with being very anti-cubs. but when you come to a point when you're more anti-cubs than pro sox, theres a big problem. I know alot of people who just "hate the sox because they suck". They dont even know any cubs or sox players, or their records. I asked this one kid at school wearing a 'cubs believe" "bracelet".."do you know any players on the cubs?" his response: "Not off the top of my head"....:?:

JB98
06-04-2005, 10:15 PM
there's nothing wrong with being very anti-cubs. but when you come to a point when you're more anti-cubs than pro sox, theres a big problem. I know alot of people who just "hate the sox because they suck". They dont even know any cubs or sox players, or their records. I asked this one kid at school wearing a 'cubs believe" "bracelet".."do you know any players on the cubs?" his response: "Not off the top of my head"....:?:

Geez. That's pretty bad. Most of them at least know "Woods" and Prior.

itsnotrequired
06-04-2005, 11:17 PM

Don't forget Sosa...

Banix12
06-04-2005, 11:26 PM
So, I'm listening to J-Hood's Southside PostGame and this Cubbie fan calls in complaining about Sox fans. He's crying about how there are Cubs Suck shirts on sale outside the park, etc.

I'm not interested in the substance of the complaints. It just seems to me that after every Sox win you can expect to hear Cubbie fans calling in to complain about the Sox, Sox fans and The Cell. Oftentimes they don't disclose that they are Cubbie fans, and if Mike Murphy is the SCORE host you can be sure that he won't ask, but I'd bet that nearly every complaint following Sox games on the radio are from Cubbie fans.

The Sox are a damn good team this year. If you don't like the Sox, Sox fans or the park, here's some advice, don't go and if you do keep your cry baby candyass mouth shut.

:angry: :angry:

The guys selling the cubs suck shirts at sox games are the same guys selling the sox suck shirts at cubs games. I know this cause I was up around Wrigley one day and the guy selling the sox sucks shirt saw my sox hat and told me "Hey, I got cubs suck for sale too"

TommyJohn
06-04-2005, 11:44 PM
The guys selling the cubs suck shirts at sox games are the same guys selling the sox suck shirts at cubs games. I know this cause I was up around Wrigley one day and the guy selling the sox sucks shirt saw my sox hat and told me "Hey, I got cubs suck for sale too"

I ran into a similar guy guy way back in 1985. He was outside of Wrigley Field
selling "Sox Suck" and "Padres Suck" hats. I got mad and yelled "you suck!"
(I was a kid.) He sold a few of 'em, too.

A couple of weeks later I was coming out of a game at Comiskey and I see a
guy hawking "Cubs Suck" and "Orioles Suck" hats. I took a close look at him.
I said "didn't I see you at Wrigley Field a little while ago?" He said yes, it was
him. He told me he made all the hats himself and sold them outside of both
ballparks. I have to admit I liked his enterprising spirit.

SOXSINCE'70
06-05-2005, 12:58 AM

I remember hearing a couple of idiots on the SNORE last year refer
to "Craig Maddox" and "Brandon Rusch".:roflmao: :roflmao:

Rocklive99
06-05-2005, 01:22 AM
Yes, the media claims "Sox fans care more about the Flubs than the Flub fans do about the Sox" Well gee, anybody turns on the radio or looks into any source of media and only hears about Flubs, how do you expect Sox fans not to comment or rebel when this stuff is being forced your throat, even when the watching the daily news!

Plus, I don't understand this ignorance when it is obvious that there are just as many 'Sox Suck' shirts as there are 'Cubs Suck', except I've seen more variations and effort put into the 'Sox Suck' ones. In fact, I remember the game at the Urinal couple of weeks ago where Dye or some Sox player homered, and some guy with a Sox shirt catches it, and I think, 'cool'. Then they show the replay, and it shows "Sux" and goes on to say something idiotic. It's stupid to say Sox fans care more about the opposing team

Nellie_Fox
06-05-2005, 02:46 AM
Last Saturday I was in the Lantern, a bar in Naperville. I stepped in to see the last couple innings of the Sox/Angels game. There was a Cubbie fan sitting at the bar loudly cheering when the Sox gave up the lead.Naperville has become so yuppified. I remember when I first started on the Naperville Police Department, The Lantern was a blue-collar working man's bar, with fights on a regular basis. You might well have gotten an ass-whuppin' for cheering against the Sox back then.

DrCrawdad
06-05-2005, 07:21 AM
Naperville has become so yuppified. I remember when I first started on the Naperville Police Department, The Lantern was a blue-collar working man's bar, with fights on a regular basis. You might well have gotten an ass-whuppin' for cheering against the Sox back then.

And Naperville is leans heavily towards Cubdumb now.

I should have given the guy a beatin', however I had my seven month-old. What really deserves to get beat down is this fallacy that Cubbie fans don't care about the Sox. It may have been largely true at one time, but it's certainly not true anylonger. Twenty-something Cubbie assclown fans certainly do care about the Sox.

DumpJerry
06-05-2005, 10:32 AM
Wasn't Dybassss from Naperville?

TornLabrum
06-05-2005, 11:41 AM
Wasn't Dybassss from Naperville?

I think he was from Bollingbrook.

DumpJerry
06-05-2005, 11:47 AM
I think he was from Bollingbrook.
Same thing. DuPage.

Ol' No. 2
06-05-2005, 11:49 AM
Same thing. DuPage.Bollingbrook is in Will County.

mjharrison72
06-05-2005, 12:01 PM
Bollingbrook is in Will County.
'Tis true.
And I remember being fairly heavily outnumbered growing up in Naperville. Neighborhood kids were all Flubs fans, and I would say we were outnumbered about 3 to 1 by high school.

I've swung by the Lantern since I've been of age, and I'm not sure what to make of it. It's definitely retained some of that working-class grime, and it warms my heart to hear it was once a Sox haven. Not a surprise, though, that more and more Flubs fans are settling in. Maybe this year we can change that!

BTW, there's only one "L" in Bolingbrook.

DumpJerry
06-05-2005, 03:38 PM
Bollingbrook is in Will County.
Ok, I don't get out much, just to get to 35th and Shields. It's in Chicago, not Cicero.

JohnBasedowYoda
06-05-2005, 10:05 PM
I remember hearing a couple of idiots on the SNORE last year refer
to "Craig Maddox" and "Brandon Rusch".:roflmao: :roflmao:

i was listening to a cubs postgame show (they had just reached the .500 mark) last week and i heard the dumbest thing ever. Some old lady called up and was going on and on about how big of a fan she is. So the radio guy goes "you gotta feel good about the cubs finally playing 500 ball" and the lady goes "500? whats that mean"