PDA

View Full Version : D wins champianships

mekon
06-04-2005, 04:21 PM
and the chisox prove it they have the worst o and are #1 in the liuge

voodoochile
06-04-2005, 04:27 PM
Sure if you spell defense, P-I-T-C-H-I-N-G...

and from the looks of things you might...

Paulwny
06-04-2005, 05:37 PM
In sox history, they've tied or led the American League in fielding 21 times. The 59 team was the only one to win a pennant. You also need pitching and timely hitting.

WinningUgly!
06-04-2005, 06:05 PM

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/winningugly/grammar.JPG

Sox of White
06-04-2005, 06:08 PM
Look in any sport, and the classic matchup of a great defense against a great offense, and the great defense prevails a great majority of the time.

Spicoli
06-04-2005, 06:11 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/winningugly/grammar.JPG

This graphic has the potential to be used more than the Gary Coleman "Who Cares" and the Joe Buck impersonator "This Thread Sucks" tags!

hose
06-04-2005, 06:59 PM
I would say that defense is a huge part of the formula for getting to the WS.

Boston proved that wrong last year with suspect fielding, an awesome offense, and good pitching.

St.Louis had outstanding defense, an awesome offense but their starting pitching was average at best.

If you don't have lights out starters then your pen better be nails like Anaheim's was when they won their WS.

It all starts with pitching.

SoxEd
06-04-2005, 09:01 PM
Personally, I'm more concerned with whether or not 'D' wins championships :redneck.

I answered 'Yes' on the poll - a good 'D' is probably the best route to a title - and this is true in almost all team sports IMO.

But - you can have the best 'D' in the League, and it'll still be worthless without a good 'O'...

Sooner or later you'll come up against a team with an outstanding 'O' that can handle your 'D', and you'll then need your 'O' to be better than their 'D'.

In fact, you'll need your 'O' to be more better than their 'D' than their 'O' is better than your 'D' - see last year's Cardinals for a reference point.

Note - I hope that the above makes sense - it's quite late at night over here...

ATXBMX
06-04-2005, 11:32 PM

I'm going to disagree with your entire statement. We don't have the worst offense, nor do we have the best defense. We are tied for second in the LEAGUE in fielding percentage (.985) behind Texas (.987). However, we are first in defensive efficiency at .7283, just ahead of Minnesota (.7281).

Fur footrer rephranse, spall chek wus envintud fur o reesun. :rolleyes:

Rocklive99
06-05-2005, 12:11 AM

Haha, new sig of the month entry!

Realist
06-10-2005, 01:24 PM

rotflmfao... ohmigawd... the tears are flowin'!

:rolling:

Jerko
06-10-2005, 01:30 PM
Gee, right after someone does the poll "who or what is mekon?", we get this thread. I'm starting to think Mekon is just an:

http://www.56k.dk/ondmis.dk/fpics/attention%20whore.jpg

Iwritecode
06-10-2005, 01:42 PM
Gee, right after someone does the poll "who or what is mekon?", we get this thread. I'm starting to think Mekon is just an:

I originally thought the same thing but look at the date of the first post in this thread.

I think this was brought up again because all Mekon's old posts were linked in the poll...

Tekijawa
06-10-2005, 01:46 PM
Mekon for Perezaduhnt!

samram
06-10-2005, 01:48 PM
Mekon for Perezaduhnt!

Yu dumby itz speld "fore"

Jerko
06-10-2005, 01:48 PM
I originally thought the same thing but look at the date of the first post in this thread.

I think this was brought up again because all Mekon's old posts were linked in the poll...

That's true. I still think I'm right though; it seems that those posts are SO bad that they're done that way on purpose just to get responses from us, and it worked.

PatK
06-10-2005, 01:49 PM
Sox aren't anywhere near the worst offensive team.

They are first in SB and sacs. Middle of the pack in some categories, top 10 in others.

ShoelessJoeS
06-10-2005, 02:02 PM
i think pitching wins championships, and if you wanna incorporate pitching in with defense...then yes

Iwritecode
06-10-2005, 02:56 PM
That's true. I still think I'm right though; it seems that those posts are SO bad that they're done that way on purpose just to get responses from us, and it worked.

We have 300+ post threads about showers and tomatoes.

It doesn't take much... :redneck

PaleHoseGeorge
06-10-2005, 03:04 PM

If he can't even spell "championship" why should we conclude he could even begin to comprehend the distinction between "defense" and the role pitching plays to prevent the other team from scoring?

Hey mekon, what's the score dude?

:nuts:

Frater Perdurabo
06-10-2005, 03:12 PM
Should Jerry cell, sorry, sell?

:)

DumpJerry
06-10-2005, 03:19 PM
Look, I think we should lighten up on Mekon for his/her spelling and grammer skills. There may be a reason for it that would leave those of us who make fun of it feeling lower than a Flub fan. Mekon could be dyslexic, just now learning English, or have some sort of medical condition which results in this. Most of Mekon's postings are insightful to one degree or another and making fun of how those postings appear is not the classless act White Sox fans engage in. Lord knows, we have some ridiculous postings on here in perfect English..........

Ok. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.....................:smile:

AZChiSoxFan
06-10-2005, 03:43 PM
Actually, organizations win championships!!

skobabe8
06-12-2005, 01:50 PM
Mekon for Perezaduhnt!

Now THATS funny! I love Mekon jokes! :D: