PDA

View Full Version : Mount Steinbrenner ready to blow

Fenway
06-04-2005, 03:37 PM
MINNEAPOLIS -- George Steinbrenner feels his Yankees (http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/teams/page/NYY) are letting down New York and hinted changes could be coming unless the team starts winning.

The Yankees owner confirmed his discussion with manager Joe Torre and general manager Brian Cashman and said Saturday it was up to the two of them to solve the problem, ominously adding a "right now" to the end of his remarks.

http://www.sportsline.com/print/mlb/story/8533216

mekon
06-04-2005, 04:29 PM
keep lusing yanks:supernana::supernana::supernana:

Rocklive99
06-04-2005, 04:56 PM
keep lusing yanks:supernana::supernana::supernana:

Not this weekend!

nedlug
06-04-2005, 11:28 PM
Time for that Crede and McCarthy for A-Rod trade. It took a while to decide between teal and pink, and teal won out.

White Sox Josh
06-04-2005, 11:48 PM
Costanza better watch out.

harwar
06-05-2005, 09:37 AM
The Yankees owner confirmed his discussion with manager Joe Torre and general manager Brian Cashman and said Saturday it was up to the two of them to solve the problem, ominously adding a "right now" to the end of his remarks.

Yea,they said during last nights' yankee-twins broadcast that king george asked if they needed anything and they told him that they like the team as it is and that they are going with what they have.
Man,theres' just no telling what may happen if the yankees continue to lose.
All i know is that it will be exceedingly diverting.

mccoydp
06-05-2005, 10:33 AM
I hope they put it together for the rest of the Twins series, and then they need to go back to their winning ways.

DumpJerry
06-05-2005, 11:00 AM
Ok, here's the scenario

The losing continues. George has a stroke or heart attack from the stress and kicks off. The team is too expensive for someone to buy (high expenses vs. losing record). Uncle Jerry (our own!), pushed through a mandate to turn the Yanks into the Expos (i.e. league ownership). The salary dump begins under the new management (50% of whom play the Yanks). The team falters as the Mets catch fire. New Yorkers no longer support the Yanks. They move to Vegas minus many players. Now, the Vegas Yankees are a mediocre team.

The only downside is that it would end my dream of the Flubs being the team to move to Vages.

Tekk
06-05-2005, 08:01 PM
I love it when the Yankees lose. Especially when they got swept by the KC ROYALS. 200million dollar payroll vs less than 40million dollar payroll. Amazing

But unfortunatly, I can't ever count the Yanks out because their owner isn't afraid to bring in the best players..even if it means changing his position (cough, arod, cough)

LongLiveFisk
06-05-2005, 08:34 PM
Costanza better watch out.

He doesn't care. He's trying to get with the Mets organization anyway. :wink:

Fenway
06-05-2005, 08:49 PM
He doesn't care. He's trying to get with the Mets organization anyway. :wink:

can you imagine if the Mets play in October and the Yankees DON'T? That might kill George.

But the one thing in their favor is the division is still in reach for them. One year they won the East with 87 wins and that just might be the number again this year. Wild Card is going Central unless Chicago starts playing badly which I don't see.

Johnny Mostil
06-05-2005, 09:00 PM
can you imagine if the Mets play in October and the Yankees DON'T? That might kill George.

But the one thing in their favor is the division is still in reach for them. One year they won the East with 87 wins and that just might be the number again this year. Wild Card is going Central unless Chicago starts playing badly which I don't see.

Mets playing in October and Yankees not didn't kill George in '86 or '88 (though maybe that's because he was spending less money then and was several years younger). And the year the Yankees won the East with 87 victories they didn't stop there . . .