PDA

View Full Version : The Case For Keeping Joe Crede

So.ILSoxFan
06-04-2005, 02:10 PM
The proverbial WSI court will now hear case number 24, the people v. Joe Crede, charge is needing to be traded in the first degree. Prosecution?

:mad: People of the jury, let the record show that Mr. Crede is 6-for-61 :o: in his last 18 games at the plate. On a playoff caliber team, this is not acceptable. He is obviously guilty...and while we're at it, the people would like a motion to try every other recently-cold-at-the-plate white sox player, as well as the manager, for his recently questionable bullpen use.:angry:

I'm denying that motion prosecutor...defense?

Ladies and Gentlemen, the defense readily aknowledges the defendants sub-arctic batting average, however, let's consider this; The Sox are 36-18:bandance: , the best record in baseball, let it be shown that the defendant has started most of these games at third base. Furthermore, let it be shown that Mr. Crede's defense has recently accounted for several run-saving outs in big situations, such as last night (6/3/05) 's double play which could easily have been a run-scoring double down the line. His reaction time is among the best in the league, and any trade would most likely be a downgrade in defense. Any contribution the defendant makes with the bat is simply an added bonus. We should not change the chemistry of a team which has had success while built around pitching, speed, and defense. To trade for a 3B-man with a higher BA but worse defensive skills would run completely opposite to this year's White Sox philosophy. Let the record show that the defendant has committed two errors in his last 46 games. An invaluable asset to a team like the white sox is a 3B-man who can throw some leather. Let's keep Crede and Go Sox:D: !!! The Defense Rests.

jdm2662
06-04-2005, 02:17 PM
Will this case be featured on American Justice?
________
Iolite vaporizer (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/iolite)

He gone
06-04-2005, 02:18 PM
any trade would most likely be a downgrade in defense. Not Eric Chavez :cool:

Any contribution the defendant makes with the bat is simply an added bonus.

Kind of like Ron Karkovice :cool:

Unregistered
06-04-2005, 02:21 PM
Since when is offensive numbers from a third baseman a "bonus?"

Falstaff
06-04-2005, 02:22 PM
Well counselor, its hard to argue with the facts. Even Joe's own father couldn't write a more supportive post! ps Just watch the game today, will will bail out Garland with another DP and we'll be glad. And Chavez isnt doing too much winning this year.

RKMeibalane
06-04-2005, 02:23 PM

Agreed. Corner positions are supposed to provide offense. Defense is up the middle.

nedlug
06-04-2005, 02:31 PM
If the White Sox can get Eric Chavez by giving up only prospects/Crede, I don't see why there's any reason not to get him. Our lineup would improve without lowering other areas of our team. That being said, a trade may present a chemistry problem. However, I look at Mientkewicz (sp?) last year, who helped push the Red Cubs over the top.

Unregistered
06-04-2005, 02:35 PM
That being said, a trade may present a chemistry problem. However, I look at Mientkewicz (sp?) last year, who helped push the Red Cubs over the top.
The guy hit .215 with 10 RBIs in 50 games. If that's "pushing a team over the top," then Crede is Babe Ruth. :D:

A. Cavatica
06-04-2005, 02:41 PM
I've consistently supported Crede, because with his steady glove he only has to hit .240 with 20 home runs a year, and he has the tools to hit .275 with 25 home runs. And he did heat up for a week or so this year, and carried us for a few games. But this last slump has pushed me to the brink. Our offense is full of disappointments (really, everyone but Podsednik and Iguchi) and Crede is the one who seems least likely to turn it around. Chavez would make sense if our increased attendance lets us pick up his salary (so that we don't have to give up McCarthy). Putting together a platoon arrangement (say, with Rob Mackowiak) might be more achievable.

shoota
06-04-2005, 02:54 PM
:mad: People of the jury, let the record show that Mr. Crede is 6-for-61 :o: in his last 18 games at the plate. On a playoff caliber team, this is not acceptable. He is obviously guilty...and while we're at it, the people would like a motion to try every other recently-cold-at-the-plate white sox player, as well as the manager, for his recently questionable bullpen use.:angry:

That's a good point you bring up about Crede being 6 for 61 and playoffs. Because the last thing we need in the playoffs is for someone to be an automatic out like Crede has been most of his career. In the playoffs, we'll be facing better pitching every game. Now I really want Crede off the team by fall.

The difference between Crede's slumps and every other one of his slumping teammates is that his teammates have shown the ability to get hot and help the team win. Crede, outside his one two-week hot stretch this year, has never shown that ability in his entire career.

So.ILSoxFan
06-04-2005, 02:57 PM

Since the white sox are 36-18 with said third baseman. Not that a higher batting average wouldn't be nice, it's just a case of preference. I prefer Crede's stellar defense to a high batting average as long as we have a team with this defensive mentality. If we were the team of last year (home run or no run), I would be an advocate of trading Crede too, but we thankfully aren't :cool: !

beckett21
06-04-2005, 02:59 PM
This thread is already 11 posts longer than it should be. :redneck

nedlug
06-04-2005, 03:07 PM
OK, well he didn't break up the team's chemistry, so my point was that a trade does not usually kill a team, and getting Eric Chavez is a good idea if we can get him.