PDA

View Full Version : New Member here...wow!

SoxScott
06-04-2005, 11:47 AM
I've been a Sox fan since the late 70's and this is without a doubt the best, most informative Sox outlet that I have ever come across.

I was at the Angels/Sox series at the beginning of this week and I owe the a big "thank you" to the man who was sitting next to me that told me about this site.

I just wanted to say hello to all and...oh yeah...kick some Indians butt.

:bandance:

Mickster
06-04-2005, 11:51 AM
:welcome:

SoxSpeed22
06-04-2005, 11:52 AM
I've been a Sox fan since the late 70's and this is without a doubt the best, most informative Sox outlet that I have ever come across.

I was at the Angels/Sox series at the beginning of this week and I owe the a big "thank you" to the man who was sitting next to me that told me about this site.

:bandance::welcome:
Glad to have you here. A lot of the people here are long time Sox fans, so have fun here. You'll like being a member here.

tebman
06-04-2005, 11:57 AM

:welcome: You've come to the right place! You're definitely among friends here -- this is the home of the best-informed and wittiest baseball fans in the world! Here's to you, my friend! :cheers:

my5thbench
06-04-2005, 12:10 PM
welcome Scott indeed

some good folks here & few trolls

check out the chat during a Sox game it is fun & if you can't watch or

listen the gang will keep you abreast of how the game is going

cwsfannick
06-04-2005, 05:29 PM
Welcome aboard Scott. :smile: :welcome:

soxjim
06-04-2005, 06:22 PM
Welcome Scott. Great site, Great Fans, Great SOX

markopat
06-04-2005, 06:24 PM
Welcome aboard...GREAT WIN again today!

:D:

delben91
06-04-2005, 09:19 PM

Welcome aboard, always nice to have another east coaster around.

:gulp:

C-Dawg
06-04-2005, 09:51 PM
I met another guy from NY at one of the Baltimore games and told him about WSI - I hope he has found it by now since he said Sox coverage - TV, radio, or newspaper, there is completely lacking. Heck we may be biased but we're certainly talkative!

itsnotrequired
06-04-2005, 10:08 PM
Scott joined at noon and hasn't posted since? He has a lot ot learn about WSI!:D:

Welcome aboard!

hsnterprize
06-04-2005, 10:32 PM
Welcome, Scott...

The insanity on this site takes some time to grow on you, but give it a chance...you'll be glad you did. It takes some insanity to show the "experts" just how stupid their opinions can be.

Norberto7
06-04-2005, 11:40 PM
http://www.equinenet.org/heroes/edsurf.gif

Mr. Ed would wave :welcome:, but he is on a surfboard.

mccoydp
06-05-2005, 10:31 AM
Welcome! This is THE only Sox fan site worth going to, IMHO.:smile:

whitesoxwilkes
06-05-2005, 12:02 PM
Welcome to WSI!

Galway? That's not Upstate NY, that's Central NY!

Jurr
06-05-2005, 12:27 PM
You picked on helluva season to get on board. Things aren't nearly as volatile as they have been in the past. Good vibes all around!!!!!!!!!!!

Fake Chet Lemon
06-05-2005, 07:10 PM
Flattery will get you everywhere! Welcome.

How did you become a Sox fan in Yankee land, your dad from Chi-town?

skobabe8
06-05-2005, 09:19 PM

Welcome, Scott! You can now stick your chest out a little further when you walk, because you are a proud member of the best (and one of the biggest) fan sites in Major League Baseball.

Good question, Fake Chet. So how did you become a sox fan, Scott?

LoveTheSox
06-05-2005, 09:45 PM
Welcome aboard!

The fans on this site are both insightful and hard core. This site is a sanctuary for sox fans looking for a little(well-deserved) white sox coverage in a cub obsessed world. The fans here are very funny and informative...I come here as often as possible to catch up on sox news. I hope you will appreciate it as much as I do.

Again, welcome aboard...should be a memorable season! :welcome:

SoxScott
06-05-2005, 10:02 PM

Believe it or not...I fell in love with the Sox collared uniforms as a kid, by collecting baseball cards when I was about 5 years old. Everyone that I was in elementary school with were Yankees fans and I always enjoyed telling them that I was a Sox fan and that Bucky Dent was originally with the Sox. I memorized all the stats on those first Sox cards that I had...Zisk, Solderholm, Lemon, Molinaro, etc.

When the Sox won the half pennant in '83, that just solidified my allegience even more! The All-Star game and the division title in the same year!

I usually have been to about 5-10 Sox games in Chicago every year since about 1988. I was at the Angels series and the first Indians game at the beginning of this week. I hope to get back in July or August. To me, though, nothing will EVER compare to watching a game in the old Comiskey.

Mark
06-06-2005, 02:16 PM
Well, I jumped aboard the Sox wagon the year that you were born, so from a fellow Empire Stater (White Plains), welcome aboard -- and go get 'em Pale Hose.

EastCoastSoxFan
06-06-2005, 02:53 PM
...welcome aboard and hope to see you in Yankee Stadium or Camden Yards (or perhaps even the Syracuse AAA Park when the Charlotte Knights come to town!)