PDA

View Full Version : Sox were in first 60 days last year?

Jurr
06-04-2005, 11:27 AM
On the Indians broadcast last night, they were talking about the Sox having led the Central all 62 days of the season, and they said the Sox only led the division 60 days all year in 2004. Is that true? I just don't remember the Sox being in first that long!

dcb33
06-04-2005, 11:48 AM
On the Indians broadcast last night, they were talking about the Sox having led the Central all 62 days of the season, and they said the Sox only led the division 60 days all year in 2004. Is that true? I just don't remember the Sox being in first that long!

It's not. The Sox were in first place for 53 days last year, and the 2005 version has already exceeded that total. Of course, there's only one day where being in first place counts, and this year it falls on Oct. 3.

SoxSpeed22
06-04-2005, 11:55 AM
Of course, there's only one day where being in first place counts, and this year it falls on Oct. 3.Absolutely true. And your sig makes some bleepin pick up line. If my heart were made of bases, you'd be Scott Podsednik
Did you ever use it?

balke
06-04-2005, 11:56 AM
We were really good last year before our two best hitters died :(. Theory has it we could've traded for that 5th starter had they been around as well. Coulda woulda shoulda.