PDA

View Full Version : Rooney, Farmer & Showalter

1951Campbell
06-04-2005, 11:30 AM
R & F are really giving Showalter a lot of glib digs lately. Showalter must've really gotten under their skins. Do they have a history or do they just share Ozzie's distaste?

bluestar
06-04-2005, 11:38 AM
I know Farmer was really upset with the comments Showalter made last year about Ozzie and the Sox. I just assumed it is all related to that. But, yeah, Farmer especially seems to have a strong dislike for Showalter.

samram
06-04-2005, 01:48 PM
Maybe they really hated the cotton uniform idea.

robertks61
06-04-2005, 01:54 PM
Maybe they really hated the cotton uniform idea.

Buck did agree to it!

tebman
06-04-2005, 01:55 PM
R & F are really giving Showalter a lot of glib digs lately. Showalter must've really gotten under their skins. Do they have a history or do they just share Ozzie's distaste?
This came up last year too, and I posted then about hearing Marty Brennaman doing a Reds game on WLW and going on for nearly a full half-inning about his low opinion of Showalter. Apparently Showalter has a long-standing attitude problem that has offended a whole bunch of people in the baseball biz.

I know a lot of pro athletes (and former ones) have big egos, but it sounds like Showalter may be among the champs in that department.

samram
06-04-2005, 02:02 PM
This came up last year too, and I posted then about hearing Marty Brennaman doing a Reds game on WLW and going on for nearly a full half-inning about his low opinion of Showalter. Apparently Showalter has a long-standing attitude problem that has offended a whole bunch of people in the baseball biz.

I know a lot of pro athletes (and former ones) have big egos, but it sounds like Showalter may be among the champs in that department.

Well, it's telling that the Yankees won the Series the year after he left, the D-Backs won it the year after he left, and A-Rod demanded a trade after one year with him as manager in Texas.