PDA

View Full Version : Sorry to make another Frank thread

balke
06-03-2005, 11:34 PM
I was at the game today, and could see the majority of the dugout, but not all of it. I didn't see Thomas, was he not even at the game? That's what it looked like. I'm thinking he's going to the DL for the NL games. I'm sure he doesn't want to go to the Minors again, and I'm thinking Gload would look good out there in a lot of pinch hit, defensive, and emergency 1B situations.

SpammySosa
06-03-2005, 11:38 PM
I was at the game today, and could see the majority of the dugout, but not all of it. I didn't see Thomas, was he not even at the game? That's what it looked like. I'm thinking he's going to the DL for the NL games. I'm sure he doesn't want to go to the Minors again, and I'm thinking Gload would look good out there in a lot of pinch hit, defensive, and emergency 1B situations.

I only got to watch the 2nd half of the game but I did see him chatting with GIDPK.

Unregistered
06-03-2005, 11:39 PM
If Guillen's decision was hard Friday, it should be even tougher next week when the Sox play interleague games in Colorado and San Diego without the DH.

"I'm not going to worry about that until we get there," he said. "Frank will take some ground balls at first base [the next few days]. That's the reason why I don't like to play interleague games.

"Now we have two players we don't use—Frank and Carl, and maybe [Paul] Konerko. We have to figure out how to do it. Hopefully, Frank can play some first base." - Tribune story posted after tonight's game

Tadahito
06-03-2005, 11:40 PM
Frank was there for sure and was always one of the first guys on the steps to congratulate his teammates.

ChiSoxMTR
06-03-2005, 11:40 PM
He was sitting on the dugout steps closest to third base for the first half of the game.

Ol' No. 2
06-03-2005, 11:42 PM
I saw him come out of the dugout after the game. My guess is he'll almost certainly play when Sabathia pitches. Tomorrow is anyone's guess.

SluggersAway
06-03-2005, 11:49 PM
Sounds like we'll see some Frank at first base.

Edit: Quite the conundrum when Carl is hitting again. Tough choices, but more talent is better than no talent.

Ol' No. 2
06-04-2005, 12:43 AM
Sounds like we'll see some Frank at first base.I hope not. It's not worth jeopardizing his season for six games.

mdep524
06-04-2005, 12:55 AM
I hope not. It's not worth jeopardizing his season for six games. I hope not either. Actually, part of me wishes Frank didn't pinch hit on Wednesday and was placed on the DL again, retroactive to Tuesday. It would make things easier for Ozzie next week, ensure Frank's health, and keep Carl in a groove, assuming he is finding his stroke again. No easy decisions either way on this one.