PDA

View Full Version : *OFFICIAL* 6-3-05 DYE rules postgame thread

gobears1987
06-03-2005, 09:40 PM
Nice win by the Sox. Too bad the Yanks can't beat the Twinkies

SomebodyToldMe
Dye=The Man. I've been defending him all season, and I'm glad he's proving me right lately.

DaveIsHere
You can put Dye on the Board............YES!!!!!!!!!!

Nard
06-03-2005, 09:41 PM
It wasn't brilliant or dramatic but I'll gladly take it.

This is the kind of win I want to see this team just pile together for the rest of the season. Simple, solid victories.

gobears1987
06-03-2005, 09:41 PM
I've been someone who has been saying all year Dye will come around. Guess I was right here!!! I'd rather have him than Maggs "oh my knee, er I mean hernia" Ordonez

Omeed
06-03-2005, 09:42 PM
Nice to see Orlando battle. He had a LITTLE bit of a control problem with 4 hit batsmen. It seemed to me the Jndians hitters made no attempt to get out of the way. Just my opinion.

Iguana775
Nice win by the Sox. Too bad the Yanks can't beat the Twinkies

The yanks cant beat the Royals. How are they going to beat the Twins? lol.

Hermy rules!!

JB98
I guess I was full of crap for saying Dye should be left out of the lineup tonight. Great job by JD, making me eat my words.

Also, will people now cut the BS about sending Cotts back to triple-A? He's the most improved player on our team this season, and he's doing a good job.

We are 19-4 against division opponents. That will get it done.

Where's that Tribe troll tonight?

:supernana:

elrod
06-03-2005, 09:43 PM
I am an official member of FONC. Friends of Neal Cotts. He was brilliant tonight. I wish he were a little more loose against lefties because he is murder against righties. His control isn't ideal, but he gets a lot of righties to chase.

MisterB
06-03-2005, 09:43 PM
6 runs with only 1 extra-base hit. Gotta love a diversified offense.

:gulp:

gobears1987
06-03-2005, 09:44 PM
Pods is quietly hitting near .300

elrod
6 runs with only 1 extra-base hit. Gotta love a diversified offense.

:gulp:

Yes, whereas the Tribe posted a Cub-like 4 runs, with 3 on one homer.

CubsfansareDRUNK
:supernana::supernana::supernana:nice victory

chidonez
06-03-2005, 09:45 PM
A win is a win. I'll take it!:supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

SoxFan48
06-03-2005, 09:45 PM
Season is now 1/3 over and we have 36 wins...at this pace we win 108... and the way the Twins are playing we may need 100 wins to take the division.

batmanZoSo
06-03-2005, 09:46 PM
Season is now 1/3 over and we have 36 wins...at this pace we win 108... and the way the Twins are playing we may need 100 wins to take the division.

Wait til we play them.

Unregistered
06-03-2005, 09:46 PM
"I love how all of you HATED Dye last week but now he's your hero! Blah Blah Blah..."
- WSI Know-It-Alls

:winner

Where's our Tribe-loving friend who was squawking earlier today about how the Jndians are gonna hand it to the Sox? :?:

gobears1987
06-03-2005, 09:47 PM
If the Twins were in any other AL division they would be in 1st place.

JB98
06-03-2005, 09:48 PM

It will take 95. The Twins are not going away, but with this pitching, we've got a shot.

mccoydp
Neal Cotts threw some nasty looking stuff tonight.
I'm liking his throwing better than Viz the Fizz.

Good win overall!

chidonez
Will this be the year? ...that the Central gets the wildcard?

Blueprint1
06-03-2005, 09:50 PM
Will this be the year? ...that the Central gets the wildcard?

I hope so. There are so many good teams in the AL this year. The NL just stinks this year.

veeter
06-03-2005, 09:51 PM
I am an official member of FONC. Friends of Neal Cotts. He was brilliant tonight. I wish he were a little more loose against lefties because he is murder against righties. His control isn't ideal, but he gets a lot of righties to chase. His control was great tonite, though. That shows, I feel, that if he throws strikes he can be dominant.

Iguana775
06-03-2005, 09:51 PM
Neal Cotts threw some nasty looking stuff tonight.
I'm liking his throwing better than Viz the Fizz.

Good win overall!

I sure hope Cotts can start to live up to the potential. That would be a HUGE boost to the pen.

Iguana775
06-03-2005, 09:52 PM
I hope so. There are so many good teams in the AL this year. The NL just stinks this year.

Sans the Cards.

I would LOVE Cards/Sox WS. Theoritcally, I could go to a game in both cities.

hose
06-03-2005, 09:53 PM
I sure hope Cotts can start to live up to the potential. That would be a HUGE boost to the pen.

I agree 100% .

Sargeant79
06-03-2005, 10:03 PM
I was following the play by play online while at work , so I didn't have the benefit of actually seeing the game. But was it just my lack of visual perspective or did El Duque pitch okay tonight? It seems to me that he just had one bad inning. Is this the case or do I owe the internet a thank you for not giving me the heart attack that I would have had if I had actually watched the game?

ChiSoxGirl
06-03-2005, 10:12 PM
"...And Podsednik has it for a White Sox Winner!" Tonight's game was a great one. All of the clutch 1st inning hitting was wonderful and it's nice to join the ranks of those teams who've batted around this season, as we were apparently the last team to do so.

Hernandez was wildly effective tonight. What's up with the 4 HBP and the walks?! I was originally thinking that maybe he was still hurt, particularly after he gave up the 3-run shot, but then he settled down. Cotts was simply awesome tonight; that's the best I think I've seen him look all season.

Too bad the "Mighty Yankees" couldn't take care of the Twins. But then again, they also couldn't take care of the hapless Royals, so I guess I'm not surprised. BTW- Where's that jerk "tribetalkbb" who keeps posting around here?? I haven't seen him post tonight! That's right... he's too busy eating crow... HE GONE! :bandance:

Going to the games tomorrow and Sunday, Sec. 113, Row 6; Garland and Buehrle- gotta love it!

DickAllen72
06-03-2005, 10:12 PM
Good clutch hitting once again by Carl. Everett leads the league in batting in go ahead runs.

Go White Sox!!! :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

SluggersAway
06-03-2005, 10:15 PM
Hernandez had one bad inning, Westbrook had one and a half. Our offense lit it up in the first, Dye continued to kill it to set up the game winner, Cotts and Hermanson were able to seal the deal. Great effort by all tonight.

Lip Man 1
06-03-2005, 10:15 PM
the N.L. is so mediocre this season save for St. Louis and San Diego dare I say it, the Cubs could have a Wild Card shot if they get everyone healthy.

Talk about stealing the Sox thunder...please NO!

Lip

SpammySosa
06-03-2005, 10:19 PM
:hawk
"I looooooooovvvvvvveeee cotton candy!"

JB98
06-03-2005, 10:21 PM
the N.L. is so mediocre this season save for St. Louis and San Diego dare I say it, the Cubs could have a Wild Card shot if they get everyone healthy.

Lip

Lip,

As long as we're in first place, I'm not going to worry about those dopes.

Chisox003
06-03-2005, 10:22 PM
Last week, and every game before that, Dye's head was being called for, same with Cotts most of the time too....
Now, we have all the "diehard" Jermaine Dye fans coming after a big night saying "I stuck with him, I knew it!" . . . Ha ha, brilliant! I knew he'd snap out of it too! He was due for a 3 hit night! :rolleyes:

Good win....Wish El Duque was sharper, but eh, a wins a win....Hopefully Garland gets back on track tomorrow :gulp:

S05X

fquaye149
06-03-2005, 10:23 PM
cubs have no chance w/o wood prior or nomar. i don't care how many they are knocking off right now.

at any rate this was a nice game to watch. just a nice solid beating. nothing fancy.

a baseball win, i'd call it.

SluggersAway
06-03-2005, 10:29 PM
ChiSox003, that is why this thread is so silent, all the Cotts and Dye haters have nothing to say.

A Sox win afterall, can't beat it!

nedlug
06-03-2005, 10:35 PM
Two of my theories are, I believe, holding some water -

#1 - The more Pods is on base, the more the Sox win. When he isn't on, the Sox don't win as much.

#2 - The Sox have a great hitting team, and they will all come around eventually.

Also, I just saw the highlights on SC, and NONE of the 4 hit batsmen even tried to get out of the way, and Hafner stood there like a jack-you-know-what when he got hit.

PeteWard
And the Mitre coughs up four!!!:D:

SD up on the baby bovines 5-2. Here's to 7 straight.....
Losses!

JB98
I had to run out during tonight's game and pick up dinner, and I couldn't pick up ESPN 1000 in my car (it is always difficult in Nashville, anyway). I was listening for score updates on the local ESPN station here, and they said something like, "We are going to talk about Chicago baseball tonight, and it ISN'T about the White Sox. The hottest team in the Second City is the Cubs, winners of seven straight." They went on to talk about all the adversity the Cubs have faced and what "character" the team has because they have put together this winning streak.

:chunks

It takes a lot of "character" to beat the Rockies and Dodgers. Both of those teams are brutal. I know LA's record isn't that bad, but they had a fluke start to the season that masks their ineptitude.

Don't worry: the Cubs still suck. This little hot streak will pass soon enough. Just look at what's going on in their game tonight.
:D:

PeteWard
06-03-2005, 10:38 PM
Prediction for tomorrow: Garland regains form and pitches a gem,

SluggersAway
06-03-2005, 10:39 PM
Nedlug, I have another theory for you that definitely holds water: the more any Sox player gets on base the more they win.

(no it should not be in teal, this is just fundamental baseball)

Lip Man 1
06-03-2005, 10:40 PM
The top three hitters in the Sox lineup are now all hitting .285 or better. If just one guy in the 4-6 slot can get hot that will take a lot of the pressure off.

Lip

Rudy Law
06-03-2005, 10:42 PM
I am an official member of FONC. Friends of Neal Cotts. He was brilliant tonight. I wish he were a little more loose against lefties because he is murder against righties. His control isn't ideal, but he gets a lot of righties to chase.

Does anyone else think maybe they are kind of showcasing Cotts.(A friend of mine thought that it was a possibilty).....I don't know....Trading him probably wouldn't make any sense...Seeing as they would probably trade for bullpen help anyway....What do you guys think?

SluggersAway
06-03-2005, 10:42 PM
Pitching: ceteris paribus, of course.

bluestar
06-03-2005, 10:45 PM
Does anyone else think maybe they are kind of showcasing Cotts.(A friend of mine thought that it was a possibilty).....I don't know....Trading him probably wouldn't make any sense...Seeing as they would probably trade for bullpen help anyway....What do you guys think?

No way.

Stroker Ace
06-03-2005, 10:50 PM
All I can say is.......

SOX WIN!!! YESSSSS!!!!!

PicktoCLick72
06-03-2005, 10:53 PM
Working during the game but it sounds like it was well played. What is the Yankees problem with the AL Cental?

PeteWard
06-03-2005, 10:54 PM
Nomar is leading the all star balloting for SS? Is that correct?

delben91
06-03-2005, 10:55 PM
As has been said by several, nothing special about this game, but a very solid win. Nice performances by several Sox, and I must say, I'm encouraged by the number of hitters in our lineup that are taking pitches back up the middle and the other way. Perhaps the collective slump is finally fading?

As Lip mentioned, if the Sox can get one person in the 4-6 area swinging well, there'll be lots of RBI opportunities. And I've been as much of a Dye-doubter as the next guy, but at the moment, he's looking like the prime candidate to be that middle of the order guy that "heat's up."

So here's to going for the series win tomorrow! :smile:

Cubbiesuck13
06-03-2005, 10:56 PM
And the Mitre coughs up four!!!:D:

SD up on the baby bovines 5-2. Here's to 7 straight.....
Losses!

I thought a bovine was a cow.

If it were SOX players getting hit, I would be ticked if they were trying to get out of the way.

chisoxfanatic
06-03-2005, 10:57 PM
I was at the game today, and the crowd was very well-behaved and very into the game. Neal Cotts was impressive tonight, and I'm glad that Dusty got to get on the right track once again after allowing his first run of the season against the Angels on Wednesday night.

Let's go, Sox Army!!!

:hawk
"Sox win it....Yeeeeesssss!"

SpammySosa
06-03-2005, 11:02 PM
Nomar is leading the all star balloting for SS? Is that correct?

Please discontinue the Cubby hijack attempts and enjoy a WHITE SOX WINNER!:supernana:

PeteWard
06-03-2005, 11:14 PM
I thought a bovine was a cow.

If it were SOX players getting hit, I would be ticked if they were trying to get out of the way.

You are right. Slip of the brain. I meant to say Baby Ursines!!:redface:

SluggersAway
06-03-2005, 11:19 PM
With a name like Spammysosa, I'd think a cub hijack is inevitable.

balke
06-03-2005, 11:21 PM
Crede was the man on the corner today. He made some key picks, and great snags down the line. I don't remember Cotts ever going 2 scoreless consecutive innings. I was really impressed.

SpammySosa
06-03-2005, 11:24 PM

:?::?: :?: I am not the one introducing Cubs chit-chat to the game thread.

Rest assured,this screenname is a potshot at Sam the Sham and I have plenty of disdain for his former minor league team on the Northside as well.:D:

SOXintheBURGH
06-03-2005, 11:31 PM

On that note, could we not degrade a Pale Hose winner into a flame war?

nedlug
06-03-2005, 11:33 PM
Nedlug, I have another theory for you that definitely holds water: the more any Sox player gets on base the more they win.

(no it should not be in teal, this is just fundamental baseball)

You are correct, of course. However, what I meant to say is that Pods is the single most disruptive player in major league baseball when he gets on, and every pitcher, whether he wants to or not, thinks about Scottie when he's on base. Even if he doesn't complete one of his 'doubles,' the effect he has on opposing pitchers is great, something I haven't seen for as long as I've been a fan (I'm 21). I think that if and when the White Sox make the playoffs, the absolute most important thing for them is to get Pods on base.

SluggersAway
06-03-2005, 11:34 PM
On that note, could we not degrade a palehose chat room with Soxinburgh and... into... oh nevermind, no one wants to hear/read it anyway.

SluggersAway
06-03-2005, 11:38 PM
I have no complaint with Pods on base, don't get me wrong. I do understand his indubitable way of messing with opposing pitchers. I just also don't have any problem with any other Sox player getting on base. I wish they all had the same effect on opposing pitching (although Frank doesn't do so bad either).

SoxWillWin
06-03-2005, 11:47 PM
If the Twins were in any other AL division they would be in 1st place.

Isn't the Central the weakest division in baseball???

SOXintheBURGH
06-03-2005, 11:52 PM
:gulp: On that note, could we not degrade a palehose chat room with Soxinburgh and... into... oh nevermind, no one wants to hear/read it anyway.

There's also the Ignore option for posters you don't agree with. Cheers!

SluggersAway
06-03-2005, 11:56 PM
- Be a good sport, it is all in good fun.

- As for the Al Central, we are looking pretty good, I wouldn't discount 2 teams in the playoffs.

The Racehorse
06-03-2005, 11:58 PM
Dye's batting average is now up to .240.... do I hear .250?! :bandance:

Hendu
06-04-2005, 12:04 AM
Just got back from the Cell. Great win, but I would like to apologize to Coco Crisp. I was sitting in the bleachers and my friend and I were really giving it to him, so if you know Coco, please apologize...on second thought, nah, he still sucks. I hate the Tribe.

Unregistered
06-04-2005, 12:05 AM
Just got back from the Cell. Great win, but I would like to apologize to Coco Crisp. I was sitting in the bleachers and my friend and I were really giving it to him, so if you know Coco, please apologize...on second thought, nah, he still sucks. I hate the Tribe.
Oh don't worry, I'm sure that 3 run homer he hit tonight and the 7 figure paycheck he gets make up for all of your mean words... :D:

SOXintheBURGH
06-04-2005, 12:09 AM
- Be a good sport, it is all in good fun.

- As for the Al Central, we are looking pretty good, I wouldn't discount 2 teams in the playoffs.

Agreed!

If you weren't in Providence I'd buy you a pint over a Sox winner. If we were in Quahog, RI, I'd buy you a Pawtucket Patriot to smooth things over. :)

In regards to your post.. today when I came into work, like everyday, my boss asks "How's everything Brett?"

My response each time: "First place White Sox.. but them damn Twins.."

Just like last year, whenever we win, they win.. whenever we'd lose, they would win.. :angry: I want to run away with this division. As someone said, We are a 1/3r done now, on pace to win 108. Realistically, this team, to me, could win 97. Throw in a huge time trade (my laments) for a Helton or Chavez and we could do just that.

DumpJerry
06-04-2005, 12:11 AM
I am now 8-1 in the games I've been at. They need to put me on the payroll!:D:

Hendu
06-04-2005, 12:22 AM
Oh don't worry, I'm sure that 3 run homer he hit tonight and the 7 figure paycheck he gets make up for all of your mean words... :D:

Yeah...that 3-run shot. You should have seen the guy strutting out to LF after that shot like he was king of the world (despite having just come off the DL). I called him on it and he gave me the finger :angry:

Nellie_Fox
06-04-2005, 12:25 AM
Just got back from the Cell. Great win, but I would like to apologize to Coco Crisp. I was sitting in the bleachers and my friend and I were really giving it to him, so if you know Coco, please apologize...on second thought, nah, he still sucks. I hate the Tribe.Nah, screw him and his little gangster "hat on sideways" persona.

SluggersAway
06-04-2005, 12:27 AM
Aye, a toast to Pawtucket Patriot and Liberty Ale! Nonetheless, bottoms up to all the pale hose within the sound of my voice and this binary code!

mdep524
06-04-2005, 12:28 AM
Will this be the year? ...that the Central gets the wildcard? Could you imagine a White Sox-Twins ALCS?? Crazy.

It could happen...

Cubbiesuck13
06-04-2005, 12:40 AM
Could you imagine a White Sox-Twins ALCS?? Crazy.

It could happen...

That would be a great story. They play something like 13 games down the stretch and then to play each other in the ALCS. That gives me shivers just thinking about it. Two smart managers and well executing teams playing that many games against one another is just the thing baseball needs. Too bad the mediots (i love that word) would never pick up on it.

Nellie_Fox
06-04-2005, 12:41 AM
Could you imagine a White Sox-Twins ALCS?? Crazy.

It could happen...They would probably start a brawl during the pre-game skate...no, wait, that was the Blackhawks and Northstars.

Hendu
06-04-2005, 12:49 AM
They would probably start a brawl during the pre-game skate...no, wait, that was the Blackhawks and Northstars.

Blackhawks? Northstars? What is that...soccer? WNBA? Rugby? Sorry, but I'm lost. :redneck

gosox83
06-04-2005, 12:59 AM
just came home from the game.

El Duque did'nt look too bad. I think they call it effectively wild?

Dye is coming around and if Paulie can stay hot and Pods stays hot, Crede can keep throwin the leather and whatever he hits is a bonus.

Yankees: They win when you don't want them to, and lose when you want them to win.

Tomorrow John Garland will shut down this offense left handed

Magic number is now 106!

GO SOX!!

PicktoCLick72
06-04-2005, 01:09 AM
Originally Posted by gosox83
Tomorrow John Garland will shut down this offense left handed

Late night disturbance
:tealpolice:

FarWestChicago
06-04-2005, 02:43 AM

LipFFS Lip, get a grip. Just for once. Just for grins.

:therapy:

FarWestChicago
06-04-2005, 02:50 AM
Please discontinue the Cubby hijack attempts and enjoy a WHITE SOX WINNER!:supernana: Excellent point. I was out celebrating Ode's birthday tonight. Tomorrow I will start handing out 1 week suspensions for every assclown that attempts to hijack the Sox postgame thread with Flubs crap. There will be no recourse. You mentions the Flubs, see you in a week. Really, it should be a 3 month suspension, but I'm just a soft touch.

shoota
06-04-2005, 04:01 AM
I was pleased to watch El Duque bean Hafner on the knee after two Indians refused to make an attempt at getting out of the way of pitches that hit them. I love Ed Farmer's philosophy: If you want to get hit, I have no problem hitting you. El Duque hit Kronk in the knee with a fastball with first base open. Nice job Hernandez. Stand up for yourself. Just make sure when you bean a guy, you don't let him come around to score, like Hafner did tonight on Coco's 3-run home run.

Is this the first game Rowand has worn high socks? I like it. I wonder why he chose to change his style, especially when he was on a 7-game hitting streak coming in to tonight's game.

MisterB
06-04-2005, 04:35 AM
You are right. Slip of the brain. I meant to say Baby Ursines!!:redface:

Actually you may be on to something....

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2943
GO CALVES! :D:

ChiSox14305635
06-04-2005, 08:00 AM
Excellent point. I was out celebrating Ode's birthday tonight. Tomorrow I will start handing out 1 week suspensions for every assclown that attempts to hijack the Sox postgame thread with Flubs crap. There will be no recourse. You mentions the Flubs, see you in a week. Really, it should be a 3 month suspension, but I'm just a soft touch.

But we can still clown on the Twins, right? :redface:

bartmanisgod
06-04-2005, 10:46 AM
What a good win... and you can't say enough about the job Neal Cotts has done lately. This team just continues to impress me. I pretty much expect to win every night.

hawkjt
06-04-2005, 11:40 AM
there is no doubt that El Duque is the one starter on our team that does not take any crap from the opposing team( sometimes even his own team; spring incident with minor leaguer). He has a definite edge and I also was pleased to see him hit that jerk again. None of the indians made any atempt to get out of the way of even inside strikes. If we had that jerk ump from the oakland /crede incident none of them would have been allowed first base. Of course we will never see that called again in our lifetime.

Cotts is so key as we need reliable lefty relief help to augment Damaso. It is all about rythm for Neal and you can usually tell in the first 3 pitches if he is going to be effective. If he can keep up his recent efforts our bullpen gets tough again.

SoxSpeed22
06-04-2005, 11:47 AM
Dye is gonna have it turned around soon. I like what Cotts did in relief and Pollite can set up now. Also, every batter that Hernandez hit was a lefty. He was told to pitch inside to lefties, he was a little rusty, but it shouldn't be a problem later. He officially has more wins than the 5th starters did all of last year. Good signing! :thumbsup: