PDA

View Full Version : Frank Not in the Lineup Again Tonight

Unregistered
06-03-2005, 05:45 PM
As per Bruuuuce Levine.

Ozzie going with Carl cause he thinks "he's so hot right now."

Whenever you want to give him a start, we're all ears, Ozz.

Flight #24
06-03-2005, 05:47 PM
I don't like this, but in Ozzie's defense, with the interleague games coming up, he needs to try and keep Carl going since he can play if Dye isn't getting it done.

But Frank is by far our best hitter, so I think he needs to be in the lineup the next 2 days. Carl sits once, Dye sits once. Or you give ARow/Podsednik a day off.

MRKARNO
06-03-2005, 05:49 PM
Stupid move. Frank absolutely needs to be in the lineup. This is really frustrating.

Maybe the Ozzie-Frank feud will come to life as it has been rumored in the past.

jhill36
06-03-2005, 05:50 PM
I hate it.

:angry:

Deadguy
06-03-2005, 05:52 PM
Damn it. We've waited months for a return. No offense to Carl, because he did his job and had a great game on Wednesday, but lets be honest here, he hasn't exactly been tearing in up for the last month or so. At least give Frank a shot to fail before benching him.

FarWestChicago
06-03-2005, 05:55 PM
Will you guys ****ing relax. Big Frank was rumored to be headed to the DL. I don't think he's quite 100%. :rolleyes:

Flight #24
Damn it. We've waited months for a return. No offense to Carl, because he did his job and had a great game on Wednesday, but lets be honest here, he hasn't exactly been tearing in up for the last month or so. At least give Frank a shot to fail before benching him.

I don't think it's about "benching Frank", Ozzie's comments were more that it's tough to take a guy out after having a big day ala Carl on Wed. I think it's more to keep Carl going because Ozzie knows Frank can hit but Carl's a bit more iffy. Sounds like a "marathon" view, hopefully it doesn't end up costing this game (or hopefully he gets Frank in if Carl's struggling today).

bluestar
Everett is 5-for-13 against Westbrook so far this season with a double, triple, and four RBI.

Edit: And Frank has a .167 career average against Westbrook, but he has only faced him six times. Everett is batting .385 lifetime against Westbrook.

jhill36
06-03-2005, 05:58 PM
And he's hitting .229 in his last 10 games.

No offense to Carl, but there's no offense to Carl!

Mickster
06-03-2005, 06:00 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/epdrummer/beavis_butthead.jpg
"THIS SUCKS!!!!"

MRKARNO
06-03-2005, 06:01 PM
Will you guys ****ing relax. Big Frank was rumored to be headed to the DL. I don't think he's quite 100%. :rolleyes:

Well why doesnt Ozzie just say that then?

Personally I think that whole bit about Frank still not being 100% is not entirely true. When it comes to Frank's health, the opinion I trust most is that of Herm and Frank. Frank said he was feeling great and Herm hasn't said anything about Frank's not feeling well. Frank's obviously not going to complain if Ozzie doesnt put him in because he doesnt want to look like a "clubhouse cancer" that many accuse him of being. I think something fishy's going on here unless Frank says that he's not feeling well.

compy75
06-03-2005, 06:14 PM
Yeah, I just don't get it. Frank has came out publically saying he's ready to go. Reality is how can you justify starting a guy hitting .230 who doesn't draw a walk?? If not Everett, then sit Dye. What's frustrating is that it's not like Frank is sitting for someone who's really being productive. I don't know what's going, but like many have suggested something is going on.....It's almost like they are baiting Frank to speak out, so they can justify dumping him....

bluestar
06-03-2005, 06:24 PM
I love this place, but I am astounded at the negativity sometimes.

dcb33
06-03-2005, 06:33 PM
Everett is 5-for-13 against Westbrook so far this season with a double, triple, and four RBI.

Edit: And Frank has a .167 career average against Westbrook, but he has only faced him six times. Everett is batting .385 lifetime against Westbrook.

Bingo. I can't blame Ozzie for playing the matchup tonight. Carl's lit Westbrook up and Frank hasn't, so I don't have any problem with seeing Carl in the lineup. Just because Frank isn't in the lineup doesn't mean Ozzie will try to work him in as a pinch hitter, either.

JB98
06-03-2005, 06:43 PM
Bingo. I can't blame Ozzie for playing the matchup tonight. Carl's lit Westbrook up and Frank hasn't, so I don't have any problem with seeing Carl in the lineup. Just because Frank isn't in the lineup doesn't mean Ozzie will try to work him in as a pinch hitter, either.

I agree with putting Everett in the lineup. I'd just put him in RF. Let Frank play. Sit Dye down for a night.

MRKARNO
06-03-2005, 06:44 PM
I love this place, but I am astounded at the negativity sometimes.

I think there's plenty of good reason to be upset. Throw those 19 at bats out the window (13 from Carl, 6 from Frank). Frank Thomas is the best hitter that has ever played in a White Sox uniform. Carl is a decent player (and you could argue that Dye could have been kept out as well), but is not the best hitter ever to wear the uniform.

Ozzie says that Frank will have to earn his time. How can he when Ozzie doesnt give him the at bats? In four games now, he's started him once. I can agree with the sitting of him on Tuesday and removing him on Monday. Wednesday he should have been in (though Everett and Dye did a great job). Today he should be in. I'm hoping for the W, but this offense would, in the long run, benefit so much more from giving those at bats to Frank than to Dye or Everett. If given the chance, Frank could hit 25 HRs the rest of the way with 70+ RBI. Let's hope Ozzie does give him the chance instead of pulling the the stuff he has been lately. Frank is not a backup player.

SoxWillWin
06-03-2005, 06:49 PM
I don't like this, but in Ozzie's defense, with the interleague games coming up, he needs to try and keep Carl going since he can play if Dye isn't getting it done.

But Frank is by far our best hitter, so I think he needs to be in the lineup the next 2 days. Carl sits once, Dye sits once. Or you give ARow/Podsednik a day off.

As far as career goes Frank is our best hitter, it has yet to be seen if he'll be hitting right away. He may need a few at bats before he gets going. Wether anyone wants to admit it or not Cleveland is not playing the same as they did in April. I'd rather see Carl than Frank right now, at least we know what Carl will give us.......a strikeout or a big hit.

and if anyone is intersted, I am almost finished with the Dye sig. Having trouble making it work with the Edsel though :D:

bluestar
06-03-2005, 06:50 PM
Ozzie says that Frank will have to earn his time. How can he when Ozzie doesnt give him the at bats? In four games now, he's started him once. I can agree with the sitting of him on Tuesday and removing him on Monday. Wednesday he should have been in (though Everett and Dye did a great job). Today he should be in. I'm hoping for the W, but this offense would, in the long run, benefit so much more from giving those at bats to Frank than to Dye or Everett. If given the chance, Frank could hit 25 HRs the rest of the way with 70+ RBI. Let's hope Ozzie does give him the chance instead of pulling the the stuff he has been lately. Frank is not a backup player.

Those are good points, but I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt to Ozzie at this point.

My comment was directed more to those that may think there is some ulterior motive behind Ozzie not starting Frank. I think Ozzie is just doing what he thinks gives the Sox the best chance to win this game.

As for starting Everett in RF instead of Dye, with El Duque pitching, I would rather have the best possible defense behind him. I just don't trust Everett on defense.

jhill36
06-03-2005, 06:51 PM
I think there's plenty of good reason to be upset.

Frank is not a backup player.

Couldnt agree more. Throw out those ABs. The bottom line is Everett simply doesnt offer as much protection to the hitter before him as Frank does. This is not hero-worship, it's just stating a fact.

Pitchers regard Thomas as so dangerous that the hitters before him get better stuff to look at. Carl has good numbers against Westbrook, power numbers, but I just want Frank back. :whiner:

RKMeibalane
06-03-2005, 07:05 PM
A few points:

1. I agree that with MRKARNO's statement about Frank not being a platoon player or backup. Frank should be the everyday DH, unless he is injured or needs a day off.

2. Having said that, I have no problem with Everett getting the start this evening. He has good numbers against Westbrook, and so having his bat in the lineup might give the Sox a better chance of winning this particular game.

3. Remember that Ozzie is only in his second season as manager. He is still learning, and will make mistakes. He's made several mistakes this week, in fact. He deserves the chance to figure things out on his own. Eventually, Guillen will realize that this team's best chance of winning lies with Frank Thomas more than it does anyone else. Until then, we should all try to be patient with him.

4. I expect Frank to start the next two games before sitting most of next week. I think Brian Tallet is a left-hander, so maybe Ozzie is saving Frank for this matchup.

5. Go Sox!

gobears1987
06-03-2005, 07:53 PM

Use teal next time!!!! Dye has been killing the ball lately. He is batted well over 300 during the month of May and came through in the clutch. You obviously didn't see his many clutch hits including Tuesday's game winner. Please don't post unless you have facts or examples. I'd rather have Dye in the lineup than Carl. Even if Carl had a great glove I'd rather have Dye's bat right now than Carl's falling numbers.

DickAllen72
06-03-2005, 10:49 PM
Even if Carl had a great glove I'd rather have Dye's bat right now than Carl's falling numbers.

Dye has been hot with the bat lately. His numbers have been on the rise...as has been Carl's the last few days.

gosox41
06-03-2005, 11:33 PM
As per Bruuuuce Levine.

Ozzie going with Carl cause he thinks "he's so hot right now."

Whenever you want to give him a start, we're all ears, Ozz.

To quote Hawk: "That's BS"

Frank should be playing. Period.

Bob

FarWestChicago
06-04-2005, 03:27 AM
Personally I think that whole bit about Frank still not being 100% is not entirely true. When it comes to Frank's health, the opinion I trust most is that of Herm and Frank.Get a clue. Frank was the one saying he might go on the DL. Quit embarrassing yourself.

And I have one more question. What the hell is going on around this place? Sure, we always have our share of psychos and nutcases, but the average IQ has dropped to total Flubsian levels. This whole place is getting embarrassing. Folks, there are people out there reading these posts. Quit acting like total pansies. Represent WSI. Don't embarrass it.

shoota
06-04-2005, 05:11 AM
I am almost finished with the Dye sig. Having trouble making it work with the Edsel though :D:

I get it.

:)

harwar
06-04-2005, 08:59 AM
When that shill bruce levine used the words "Ozzie benched Frank Thomas" during the pre-game show,i knew this would happen.
You have to be real careful with giving too much credence to anything you hear from some of these so-called "baseball experts".
Frank doesn't have a problem with ozzie and(although he says otherwise for the media boys),he is really not ready to play fulltime.
When he got back to the dugout after his big at-bat on monday he said,loud enough to be overheard,that he was scared to death that he was going to have to run all out if he hit the ball in the gap somewhere.
Lets all try and enjoy this ride before its all over and we wonder how in the world the season flew by so fast.

Iguana775
06-04-2005, 09:55 AM
Get a clue. Frank was the one saying he might go on the DL. Quit embarrassing yourself.

And I have one more question. What the hell is going on around this place? Sure, we always have our share of psychos and nutcases, but the average IQ has dropped to total Flubsian levels. This whole place is getting embarrassing. Folks, there are people out there reading these posts. Quit acting like total pansies. Represent WSI. Don't embarrass it.

Agree 100%.

johnny_mostil
06-04-2005, 10:57 AM
Yeah, I just don't get it. Frank has came out publically saying he's ready to go.

So? The White Sox asked him to serve as a "decoy" last year, remember? How do we know what we hear isn't more decoy stuff?

We don't.

ja1022
06-04-2005, 11:17 AM
Don't lose sight of the fact that the Sox won the game. Ozzie has a delicate situation on his hands here. While he's only hitting .247, Everett has had some clutch hits so far this year, and knocked in the go ahead run again last night, for the 13th time this season. I'm a Frank Thomas fan and would love to see him healthy, productive and happy. I hope he finishes his career here and hits number 500 next summer at Cellmiskey. But more important than that, I hope the Sox win the ALCS first and the series second. So as long as they're winning, and everybody is playing nice with each other, I'm cool with what Ozzie's doing with Frank so far. If he's healthy, Frank is going to get his ABs.