PDA

View Full Version : Go Yankees!!!........????

WhiteSoxFan84
06-03-2005, 03:45 PM
This weekend all White Sox fans will be cheering for the New York Yankees as they invade Minnesota! After being swept in Kansas City, Joe Torre's boys will hopefully be ready to whoop some Twin City ass. With Joe Mauer being placed on the DL and Justin Morneau possibly missing the series (maybe more time, maybe less), the Yankees have a good chance to engineer a sweep.

Mike Mussina takes the bump tonight against Kyle Loshe. The Hostess Boys (get it? Twinkies, muahahaha, creativity at large!) will have Joe Mays pitching tomorrow and Carlos Silva on Sunday. The Yankees will probably have Brown tomorrow and Chien-Ming Wang (or maybe Randy Johnson) on Sunday.

Here's to a NYY 3-game win streak starting tonight! :gulp:

http://www.tcn.zaq.ne.jp/ako/athletes/arod.jpg

"This weekend, I will have a Twinkie for breakfast.... lunch.... dinner.... and maybe even for a late night snack!"

sdccpa
06-03-2005, 03:50 PM
And all we have to do is take care of business and the lead is back up to 6. :D:

WhiteSoxFan84
06-03-2005, 03:52 PM
And all we have to do is take care of business and the lead is back up to 6. :D:

id love a double sweep, we sweep the indians and the yankees sweep the twins. that is A LOT more likely than the reverse happening. ill stop all those negative vibes from saying that.

man, what i would give for a demoralizing sweep of the Twins... I'm talking about 10-2 tonight, 14-3 tomorrow, and 7-0 on Sunday. Hottttt!

SoxFan78
06-03-2005, 04:04 PM
This weekend I'll be all about watching Baseball Tonight and seeing all three of the analysts fawn over the Yankees beating the Twinkies.

LETS GO YANKS!

s.dedalus
06-03-2005, 04:12 PM
I don't believe Mauer is on the DL. Punto went to the 15-day DL. Morneau and Mauer are day-to-day at the moment.

whitesoxfan
06-03-2005, 04:29 PM
i can't believe i want the Yanks to win so much. Here's hoping for a 3 game sweep of the Twinkies :supernana:

WhiteSoxFan84
06-03-2005, 05:04 PM
amazing stat from mlb.com...

Player to watch
The last time Mussina stepped on the pitcher's mound -- Sunday against the Red Sox -- he gave up five earned runs and seven hits in just three innings. That performance, though, was drastically out of character, for Mussina, who had gone 4-0 with a 2.06 ERA during his previous five starts. The right-hander could revert to form on Friday -- he's 20-3 lifetime against the Twins.

Spicoli
06-03-2005, 05:14 PM
Speaking of crazy stats concenring the Yankees, this from ESPN's Jayson Stark:

The mighty Yankees don't have a home run from a cleanup hitter since April 8.

Let's hope that changes beginning tonight against the Twinkies!

SomebodyToldMe
06-03-2005, 06:46 PM
The Hostess Boys

hahaha, I like that one!

LincolnSquareOz
06-03-2005, 10:57 PM
This weekend I'll be all about watching Baseball Tonight and seeing all three of the analysts fawn over the Yankees beating the Twinkies.

LETS GO YANKS!

Whoops. But if you were planning to tune in to catch Brantley pop wood over Joe Nathan, you were in luck.

gosox41
06-03-2005, 11:51 PM
Whoops. But if you were planning to tune in to catch Brantley pop wood over Joe Nathan, you were in luck.

I heard that. He said something stupid like the inning was over before it began when Nathan entered the game. What a a loser.

Bob

ma-gaga
06-04-2005, 02:06 AM
amazing stat from mlb.com...
he's 20-3 lifetime against the Twins

Yes, but two years ago he was something like 20-0 against them. He's gotten a little older, and the Twins have gotten a little better.

Rooting for the Yankees is like... rooting for the house to win at blackjack.
The Yankees are evil.

:cool: What a great thread...

FarWestChicago
06-04-2005, 03:20 AM
Whoops. But if you were planning to tune in to catch Brantley pop wood over Joe Nathan, you were in luck.Well, that ****ing ******* Brantley and his mullet can have all the fun they want this weekend. After all, it is the deplorable Skanks. They are lucky the Oakland FOBB's are around to make them look good. We're talking bottom of the barrel. So much for Lip's "payroll equals automatic wins and nothing else counts" theory. :rolleyes:

robertks61
06-04-2005, 10:19 AM
Selig sent out the memo: With the White Sox winning and becoming popular, all teams playing the Scrubs & Twins need to lay down for them.

Next up the Pirates will be staffing the Scrubs with there best players.

Mohoney
06-04-2005, 11:09 AM
Well, that ****ing ******* Brantley and his mullet can have all the fun they want this weekend.

When it's that curly, it ceases to be a mullet and becomes a schmelby.

Barry Melrose is the perfect example of the schmelby phenomenon, as is Michael Bolton.

ma-gaga
06-04-2005, 11:17 AM
Well, that ****ing ******* Brantley

I actually enjoyed a segment from him last night. He was talking about arm angles and how much torque you put on a body, using K-Rod, and Kerry Wood as an example on how NOT to pitch.

His premise was that if your release point is too far away from your head you are putting a lot of torque on your body and are going to get hurt, however if your release point is too close to your head, you won't get enough movement on your pitches and you'll become ineffective.

So, pitch somewhere in between. :cool:

voodoochile
06-04-2005, 11:20 AM
Yes, but two years ago he was something like 20-0 against them. He's gotten a little older, and the Twins have gotten a little better.

Rooting for the Yankees is like... rooting for the house to win at blackjack.
The Yankees are evil.

:cool: What a great thread...

Said the guy who's team is playing the Yankees...:rolleyes:

FarWestChicago
06-04-2005, 12:57 PM
I actually enjoyed a segment from him last night. He was talking about arm angles and how much torque you put on a body, using K-Rod, and Kerry Wood as an example on how NOT to pitch. Did he manage to work an attack on the Sox into the segment? :redneck

TheOldRoman
06-04-2005, 01:03 PM
When it's that curly, it ceases to be a mullet and becomes a schmelby.

Barry Melrose is the perfect example of the schmelby phenomenon, as is Michael Bolton.
Kind of like the AC Slater "pretty boy mullet" from the early 90s?

kojak
06-04-2005, 01:04 PM
I must be the only dufus pulling for a Twins sweep because:

1) I would never root for the Yankmees under any circumstances, and

B) It is not enough for my personal taste that we win the division. I want to sweep the Twins in the ALCS.

Flame away...

Lip Man 1
06-04-2005, 01:06 PM
West:

I never said "payroll equals automatic wins and nothing else counts"

I said it "increases your chances of winning" because you have more talent and talent wins out in the end... but nothing is guaranteed. (Except death, taxes, computers malfunctioning and the Cubs not making the World Series.)

The Yanks have had the biggest payroll for years, the Yanks have had a ton of talent, the Yanks have made the playoffs ten years in a row. Coincidence?

You are now free to continue blasting away.

Lip

ma-gaga
06-05-2005, 11:11 PM
Well, you know, the Yankees were without Captain Derek Jeter, and the Twins didn't face Randy Johnson. So it wasn't really a fair fight.

I was trying to figure out how many Yankees at one time or another led the LEAGUE in salary. I think that these three at one point were the most expensive players ever: A-Rod, G.Sheffield, K.Brown.

In their favor, the Yankees weren't actually the team that made the insane deals, they just traded for them 4-5 years later. However, I think there are a bunch of other players that probably lead the AL in how much they are being paid by their position: M.Mussina, D.Jeter, J.Giambi, B.Williams (if you want to call him a CF, hell he's probably the most expensive bench player ever).

The two biggest contracts I can remember were A-Rod's and Manny's. But Jeter got a understated monster deal, and I think I saw that Mussina is being paid something like $18MM this year. Good freaking god.

I don't think I'll ever cheer for the Yankees. I can't imagine another team that I'll despise more. Maybe Cleveland.... Maybe.

MRKARNO
06-05-2005, 11:16 PM
I don't think I'll ever cheer for the Yankees.

Not even on 6 select days in August? :D:

s.dedalus
06-05-2005, 11:18 PM
Well, you know, the Yankees were without Captain Derek Jeter, and the Twins didn't face Randy Johnson. So it wasn't really a fair fight.

The Twins were even more banged up and Lohse, Mays and Silva aren't really the shining stars of the rotation. Though all three looked good in their starts in spite of not having their best stuff, particularly Silva for gutting through the absence of his 6-4-3 magic.

ma-gaga
06-05-2005, 11:31 PM
Not even on 6 select days in August? :D:

No. :cool:

'Logically' it will make sense for me to do so, but I refuse to feel one bit of sympathy or to pull for that team. I despise them so much. After such a long sustained run, I love the fact that they finally appear to be imploding...

Kind of like the Tribe. It would take a LOT for me to root for them. I'm so glad that the W.Sox buried them this weekend.

Viva Medias B's
06-05-2005, 11:53 PM
I say that if the Yankee slide continues, Mel Stottlemyre get axed.

NWSox
06-06-2005, 12:38 AM
I must be the only dufus pulling for a Twins sweep because:

1) I would never root for the Yankmees under any circumstances, and

B) It is not enough for my personal taste that we win the division. I want to sweep the Twins in the ALCS.

Flame away...

It doesn't matter. The Yankees rolled over this weekend. They were lucky they didn't get swept. A better throw to the plate last night and the Twinkies win all three. The Wild Card may not come from the Central, I would certainly bet on the Twins or White Sox before picking the Yankees.

StockdaleForVeep
06-06-2005, 04:35 AM
When can we see the twins visit the NEW AL west shredder of Anahiem and Texas replacing the old throne of oakland and seattle?

Paulwny
06-06-2005, 09:13 AM
I had to laugh listening to Bobby Murcer, chief yankmee propagandist.

~ this slide may be good, the players will have to dig down deep and show what their made of, the ship will be righted for the stretch run, yada,yada,yada.

Except for Wang, who may have problems the 2nd time around the div, the over paid pitching staff is so-so.

SOXSINCE'70
06-06-2005, 12:52 PM
I say that if the Yankee slide continues, Mel Stottlemyre get axed.

His good friend Joe Torre won't be far behind him,
if Mt. Steinbrenner gets his way.:smile:

SOXSINCE'70
06-06-2005, 12:56 PM
I had to laugh listening to Bobby Murcer, chief yankmee propagandist.

~ this slide may be good, the players will have to dig down deep and show what their made of, the ship will be righted for the stretch run, yada,yada,yada.

Except for Wang, who may have problems the 2nd time around the div, the over paid pitching staff is so-so.

The STARTERS can barely get into the 6th inning.Were it not for Mussina,
their record would be worse,i'm sure.Kevin Brown is toast;
Jared Wright is on the DL,Randy Johnson is starting to show
his age and Carl Pavano is having a hard time adjusting to the
A.L.,as some (myself included) predicted he would.

Good point about Wang,but I remain defiant in my stand:

YANKEES SUCK,YANKEES SUCK,THEEEEEE YANKEES SUCK!!:angry:

s.dedalus
06-06-2005, 01:41 PM
I actually thought Brown looked pretty tough until his meltdown yesterday. It came rather suddenly. Unless the FSN radar was malfunctioning (a distinct possibility) he was hitting 93-95 with decent frequency, running that two-seamer in on batters and getting nasty groundouts. I was surprised at how hard he appeared to be throwing.

Michael Kay actually had the chief moment of comedy in the game yesterday, basically calling Robinson Cano evidence that critics of the Yankees farm system were unfair. Yep, Robinson Cano.

Paulwny
06-07-2005, 01:44 PM
Tick, tick,tick goes King George's alarm clock.
Stottlemeyer first to be fired. Quantrill may be released.
Would they dare fire Donny Baseball? The situational hitting has become very bad.
Torre now looking like a very old man, no more smiles, only worry.
Late inning rallies have gone poof.
Wake up George, see if anyone wants anything from your depleted minor league system. How high is high for the pay-roll ? Add another $20 mil, it's a yankmee tradition.

MUsoxfan
06-08-2005, 03:27 AM
I personally know a part-owner of the Yankees that lives here in town. I was making fun of him tonight at the Yankees record in the last 10 days (nothing new, as I always talk BS to him). He said the RJ adjustment is a big thing when moving to NYC and he wasn't used to the big city. I said that doesn't apply to a player like RJ and continued to laugh at him. He wasn't all too pleased:D:

Viva Medias B's
06-08-2005, 08:12 AM
According to the Daily News, George wants (http://nydailynews.com/front/story/317008p-271163c.html) Joe Torre to be more like Billy Martin. Looks like the Boss' impatience is showing.

SOXintheBURGH
06-08-2005, 09:46 AM
I still can't believe they've lost 9 of 10 and have fallen to a sub - .500 team.. meanwhile, the White Sox continue to quietly maintain the best record in baseball at 20 games over..