PDA

View Full Version : bullpen bar

JohnBasedowYoda
06-03-2005, 12:46 PM
how early does one have to get to the park to sit in that outside area? is it free? if you do make it and then go in to take a leak do you lose your seat? i need info people

Tekijawa
06-03-2005, 12:47 PM
gates open an hour and a half before the game, I would suggest then... You get a sticker that you have to wear that allows you to leave the area and come back..

ChicagoHoosier
06-03-2005, 12:49 PM
$15 to sit outside with a reserved seat at the picnic table. I've been told on nice days to get there within 15 minutes of when the park opens. Not sure if you need to, but I know it fills up FAST. You are assigned that specific seat on the picnic table for the whole game, so $15 allows you to go back to your seat in the park, go get more drinks, etc. and you can always come back to it. Plus a waitress will bring you beers too.

skottyj242
06-03-2005, 12:58 PM
Outside the Bullpen Bar used to be so much more fun because you used to be able to stand up and feel like you were in the game. Now they make you sit down at a picnic table sometimes with people you don't even know. You can't smoke out there anymore, you used to be able and the wait staff isn't the greatest. I have enjoyed a couple of game for "The Best Seat in the House" it's a good time but I don't like the idea of paying for a ticket then paying again to sit in a bar. I think these seats would be great if they were sold as seats for like twenty five or thirty bucks, like seven bucks more than the bleachers. That's just my opinion I might be wrong.

iwcup
06-03-2005, 01:12 PM
I believe that the fifteen dollars gives you a seat that is yours and you have in out privledges.

you can wait in line to go out in the general area, but once you leave, you go back to the end of the line....

JohnBasedowYoda
06-03-2005, 01:16 PM
man i thought it was free. those jack-booted thugs would charge to breathe if they could find a way

joe_tansey2004
06-03-2005, 01:43 PM
Outside the Bullpen Bar used to be so much more fun because you used to be able to stand up and feel like you were in the game. Now they make you sit down at a picnic table sometimes with people you don't even know. You can't smoke out there anymore, you used to be able and the wait staff isn't the greatest. I have enjoyed a couple of game for "The Best Seat in the House" it's a good time but I don't like the idea of paying for a ticket then paying again to sit in a bar. I think these seats would be great if they were sold as seats for like twenty five or thirty bucks, like seven bucks more than the bleachers. That's just my opinion I might be wrong.

I buy Upper Deck tickets then pay the 15 bucks extra to sit in the Bullpen Bar. It basically comes out to what a Bleacher ticket would cost. The only thing I hate about the Bar is that it costs $9.00 for a 16 ounce beer. Would they ever consider instead of Dollar Hot Dogs, Dollar Beers??? :smile: Only in my dreams.

mccombe_35
06-03-2005, 01:57 PM
I buy Upper Deck tickets then pay the 15 bucks extra to sit in the Bullpen Bar. It basically comes out to what a Bleacher ticket would cost. The only thing I hate about the Bar is that it costs $9.00 for a 16 ounce beer. Would they ever consider instead of Dollar Hot Dogs, Dollar Beers??? :smile: Only in my dreams.

In the bar it's $8.50 for a 24 oz beer.

I've sat in the picnic tables outside (above the bar) at least 30 times over the past 3 years. I'd usually get there (at least) a half hour before the gates open & be close to the front of the line to be suer to get the seats (that were $10 before this year - now $15). But, getting a seat at a picnic table all depends on the weather, opponent, etc. It sucks if you buy the cheap upper deck ticket, & then dont' get a seat outside the bar - then you are stuck sitting IN the bar or watching from the nosebleed seats.:gulp:

JohnBasedowYoda
06-03-2005, 01:57 PM

so the beer is more in the danged bar? man this is goofy

daveeym
06-03-2005, 02:23 PM
so the beer is more in the danged bar? man this is goofy What's the cost now in the stands? $4.75 for a 12 ounce beer from a stand? That's $0.40 an ounce. $8.50 for a 24 ouncer is $0.36 an ounce.

Tekijawa
06-03-2005, 02:39 PM
What's the cost now in the stands? $4.75 for a 12 ounce beer from a stand?

When's the last time you went to a game? $4.75 for a beer? What is this 1987?

harwar
06-03-2005, 02:43 PM
Would they ever consider instead of Dollar Hot Dogs, Dollar Beers??? :smile: Only in my dreams.
That dream would turn into a nightmare and nothing good would come of it.
The riot at the ol mistake by the lake,that ensued after a very cheap beer night is one example.The game was forfeited.
I realize that was a different time but too much cheap alcohol at any sporting event can lead to big trouble.
I was at a soccer match in the 70s' where they were almost giving beer away,because of some promtion or other and the olny way to describe it would be to say that it was a BIG MISTAKE..

ozzman
06-03-2005, 02:48 PM
We are going to the sox/cubs game on the 24th and want to get a picnic table. We plan to get there early, anyone have an estimate on when you think you'd have to be there by?

Tekijawa
06-03-2005, 02:53 PM
We are going to the sox/cubs game on the 24th and want to get a picnic table. We plan to get there early, anyone have an estimate on when you think you'd have to be there by? you might want to camp out over night for one of those tables!

Another thing that no one has mentioned yet... you have to be there to get one of the tables, you can't pick up seats for friends or Family. If you're the only guy/girl their from you party then you're the only one who gets tickets.

Kilroy
06-03-2005, 03:06 PM
Two words:

FAN DECK!

Best seats in the house. Comfy swivel chair. Nice table to lean on and set your beers/food, and no more than 15 steps away is a beer stand that won't have a long line, and has good beer besides the usual miller products. Furthermore, it's free. Screw the bar...

Ol' No. 2
06-03-2005, 03:51 PM
I go to the BPSB a lot. Buy the cheapest ticket you can get and spring the extra $15 to sit at the upper level picnic tables. You'd better get there BEFORE the gates open and there will be a line. You buy a wristband at the concessions counter on your right as you enter the BPSB and you're assigned to a specific table. In and out is no problem. 4 to a table, so if you go with 4 you're set. Bertucci Bros. food (i.e. pizza, wings, sandwiches, etc.).:smile:

If you don't want to pop for the picnic tables, you can still sit at the ground level tables for free, but it's first come-first served. You get a sticker and you can go in and out.

ChicagoHoosier
06-03-2005, 04:53 PM
What's the cost now in the stands? $4.75 for a 12 ounce beer from a stand? That's $0.40 an ounce. $8.50 for a 24 ouncer is $0.36 an ounce.
I think a vendor is $5.25 for a 16 oz beer. $0.33 an ounce, before tip, but i suppose tip should be roughly equal with a vendor vs. a waitress.

One thing in the lower level (not sure if the same in the UD)... you never will go thirsty if you don't want to. I see a beer vendor every 3 minutes in the aisle closest to me. Bullpen bar sometimes is harder to get service on a crowded game day.

joe_tansey2004
06-03-2005, 06:54 PM
Two words:

FAN DECK!

Best seats in the house. Comfy swivel chair. Nice table to lean on and set your beers/food, and no more than 15 steps away is a beer stand that won't have a long line, and has good beer besides the usual miller products. Furthermore, it's free. Screw the bar...

how many tables do they have up there? I never been up there yet.

the gooch
06-03-2005, 06:56 PM
I go to the BPSB a lot. Buy the cheapest ticket you can get and spring the extra $15 to sit at the upper level picnic tables. You'd better get there BEFORE the gates open and there will be a line. You buy a wristband at the concessions counter on your right as you enter the BPSB and you're assigned to a specific table. In and out is no problem. 4 to a table, so if you go with 4 you're set. Bertucci Bros. food (i.e. pizza, wings, sandwiches, etc.).:smile:

If you don't want to pop for the picnic tables, you can still sit at the ground level tables for free, but it's first come-first served. You get a sticker and you can go in and out.

so they dont have hotdogs in the upper patio area? i only go to the bullpen bar for the XL hotdogs and all the fixins they provide: mustard relish onions tomatoes and sport peppers.

as for when to get there, monday was a sell-out (or close to) and we got there 30 minutes before the gates opened and got first crack at the tables in the lower level.

JohnBasedowYoda
06-05-2005, 10:25 PM
What's the cost now in the stands? $4.75 for a 12 ounce beer from a stand? That's $0.40 an ounce. $8.50 for a 24 ouncer is $0.36 an ounce.

its 5.5 for a 16oz when your at a seat