PDA

View Full Version : sox intro and music

MERPER
06-03-2005, 12:47 AM
Does anyone know what the song they play during the introductions before thunderstruck is? I thought it was from "The Rock" starring Nicholas Cage and Sean Connery but I'm not sure... also, if anyone knows where we can download that intro video or of any other songs the players are introduced to that would be great... thanks!

HebrewHammer
06-03-2005, 01:11 AM
Fairly certain that part of it is the main theme from Gladiator, but I may be mistaken.

nofluke69
06-03-2005, 01:31 AM
I think it's from the movie "Last of the Mohicans". I love that movie, and I have the sound track. But I haven't had a chance to check to see if it's the same music.

joe_tansey2004
06-03-2005, 02:17 AM
I was trying to download the intro movie the Sox play before the player introduction. Anybody know where I might be able to find it??

ChiWhiteSox1337
06-03-2005, 02:47 AM
If it's the same symphony song they played last season, it's Carmina Burana: O Fortuna. I've only been able to get out to one game so far this season because I live far away and it's impossible to go during the weekday because of school.

Bruck35
06-03-2005, 02:53 AM
I'm certain that part of the intro music is from the soundtrack of "Pirates of the Caribbean", which is overall an outstanding musical score. I'm not sure if the Pirates music is the same music that you're talking about, but I'm about 95% sure that's what they play before Thunderstruck.

Let me know if you need to know the exact number. I'm heading to the game Sunday and hopefully it'll stick in my mind so I can recall it when I listen to it back home. It's a great soundtrack and I highly recommend it to anyone who likes movie music similiar to John Williams.

C-Dawg
06-03-2005, 06:37 AM
If it's the same symphony song they played last season, it's Carmina Burana: O Fortuna.

Its a new song this year; I liked the old one a lot but this one is really cool too.

06-03-2005, 09:41 AM
I miss the intro with the guy coming to the plate and all the old players being shown....1st year I don't remember them having it

Hangar18
06-03-2005, 10:56 AM
I'm certain that part of the intro music is from the soundtrack of "Pirates of the Caribbean", which is overall an outstanding musical score. I'm not sure if the Pirates music is the same music that you're talking about, but I'm about 95% sure that's what they play before Thunderstruck.

Let me know if you need to know the exact number. I'm heading to the game Sunday and hopefully it'll stick in my mind so I can recall it when I listen to it back home. It's a great soundtrack and I highly recommend it to anyone who likes movie music similiar to John Williams.

It is from Pirates of the Caribbean, and YES it is a very dramatic and uplifting
musical score ....... excellent choice and kudos to whoever on the SOX staff
thought of it.

anewman35
06-03-2005, 11:37 AM
I miss the intro with the guy coming to the plate and all the old players being shown....1st year I don't remember them having it

That was getting a bit old, though - they originally made it for the 100th anniverery, so it had the 100th anniversery logo in it, and the version of the park in it didn't look like the current one.

Max Power
06-03-2005, 12:20 PM
One of the best intro videos I've seen and the music is perfect. I remember I was in mid-conversasion with someone the first time I saw it and they kept talking, but I was totally wrapped up in watching the video.
I would LOVE to be able to download it.

joe_tansey2004
06-03-2005, 12:37 PM
One of the best intro videos I've seen and the music is perfect. I remember I was in mid-conversasion with someone the first time I saw it and they kept talking, but I was totally wrapped up in watching the video.
I would LOVE to be able to download it.

Yeah I want the video to be my screensaver. Another cool one is the Blackhawks intro video....but I cant find either one to download.

skottyj242
06-03-2005, 12:59 PM
I know Hangar in going to hop on me but I'm almost positive it's from Galdiator not Pirates of the Carribean. That movie sucked.

OzzieBall2005
06-03-2005, 01:02 PM
Preview Track 3, "The Black Pearl." Scroll down....you'll find it. I am 99.99999% sure this is it.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000A1RJI/002-5231305-3760066?v=glance

zach23
06-03-2005, 02:26 PM
Preview Track 3, "The Black Pearl." Scroll down....you'll find it. I am 99.99999% sure this is it.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000A1RJI/002-5231305-3760066?v=glance

Track 11 sounds closer to it.

StockdaleForVeep
06-03-2005, 02:39 PM
Last time i went to a Hawks game they were doin the Gladiator theme music for it, honestly, it was the wrong music\didnt fit

HebrewHammer
06-03-2005, 02:44 PM
I believe its two pieces of music spliced together, the first half from Gladiator, the second from POC.

MERPER
06-03-2005, 03:20 PM
I know the first half with all the history is "Elk Trot" from the Last of the Mohicans soundtrack... the second part is something from Pirates of the Caribbean, it could be one of 4 tracks though... either:

Will and Elizabeth, He's a pirate, the black pearl, or skull and crossbones...

Please someone know for sure!

Also, anyone else know any music the cell normally plays... particularly, the one song after the top of the first.. it's a rap song that begins with Austin Powers saying "yeah, baby yeah"

Bruck35
06-03-2005, 03:31 PM
My best guess after listening to the CD again is He's a Pirate from PotC. That track is pretty similiar to The Black Peral, but He's a Pirate is at a faster tempo, which leads me to believe that's what was chosen for the pregame intro.

Skull and Crossbones is mostly the main theme from the movie, which is not in the Sox intro, and Will and Elizabeth is also similiar to He's a Pirate, but again has a slower tempo. So I'd say I'm 90% sure it's He's a Pirate.

I'll let you know if I change my mind after Sunday's game.

Hope this helps!

jake27
06-03-2005, 08:31 PM
I know the first half with all the history is "Elk Trot" from the Last of the Mohicans soundtrack... the second part is something from Pirates of the Caribbean, it could be one of 4 tracks though... either:

Will and Elizabeth, He's a pirate, the black pearl, or skull and crossbones...

Please someone know for sure!

Also, anyone else know any music the cell normally plays... particularly, the one song after the top of the first.. it's a rap song that begins with Austin Powers saying "yeah, baby yeah" ludacris - #1 spot

Ken
06-03-2005, 09:40 PM
I don't understand why Comcast or WGN don't use the Sox intro at the start of the broadcasts. We rarely (if ever) get to see it. The stations always manage to include the Bulls intro when their games are broadcast. It would be a lot more entertaining than watching Hawk and DJ doing the intro that was videotaped an hour before game time.

White Sox Josh
06-03-2005, 09:47 PM
I think it's He's a Pirate.

A.T. Money
06-03-2005, 09:47 PM
I don't understand why Comcast or WGN don't use the Sox intro at the start of the broadcasts. We rarely (if ever) get to see it. The stations always manage to include the Bulls intro when their games are broadcast. It would be a lot more entertaining than watching Hawk and DJ doing the intro that was videotaped an hour before game time.

Email that to Brooks.

There's an idea.

Ken
06-03-2005, 10:28 PM
I actually had thought about doing that the last time I came back from USC. Do you have the link to Brooks? I know it is on this message board but it will take me a while to find it. Thanks

I want Mags back
06-03-2005, 10:52 PM
Another cool one is the Blackhawks intro video....

wish i could see that more often
I hinki the Bulls intro is very overrated

itsnotrequired
06-03-2005, 11:42 PM
I think it's He's a Pirate.

Then you think correctly. Second half of the song is definitely "He's A Pirate".

BRDSR
06-04-2005, 12:06 AM
Email that to Brooks.

There's an idea.

I've actually emailed that idea to Brooks(the only email I've ever sent him). His response was that he'd forward it on to the guys who produce the broadcasts for Comcast and WGN. Doesn't really sound like its his realm.