PDA

View Full Version : More Faith

White Sox Josh
06-02-2005, 09:15 PM
As seeing both Vizcaino and Shingo being ripped on this board I was wondering who everyone had more faith in? I have more faith in Shingo because at least he was pitching well before the texas game? I do think that Luis will come out of it though.

RKMeibalane
06-02-2005, 09:16 PM
I don't know. Shingo was effective last season, but he seems to have lost his confidence now that hitters have adjusted to him.

bluestar
06-02-2005, 09:24 PM
Unless Vizcaino changes something in his delivery, he isn't going to get any better.

I think Shingo's problem is primarily confidence.

slavko
06-02-2005, 10:36 PM
Luis won't throw his hard stuff. Shingo has lost his control. Marte can't throw strike after strike to a batter who's battling him; he always walks the guy or gives in and throws a cookie. I've seen enough of all three.

MRKARNO
06-02-2005, 10:38 PM
I have more faith in the guy that, at one point, retired 28 straight batters for us last year while posting a 2ish ERA on the season over one that has never been all that great. Both are shaky now, but I'll take the guy with the track-record over the one without one. Shingo needs to locate his fastball better more than anything. Vizcaino just flat out needs to go.

NonetheLoaiza
06-02-2005, 10:39 PM
As long as Shingo gets first pitch strike, he seems to do fine. Opposing hitters sit on that fastball and tee off the first opportunity they get. When he is out there throwing strikes, he seems to do fine.

PAPChiSox729
06-02-2005, 11:30 PM
I have more faith in Shingo at this point. I was ecstatic to get Vizcaino in the CLee-Pods deal, but he has been so bad this year I have lost all faith. Shingo just needs to realize that he can still pitch and not be afraid to go after guys. Shingo will come around. Hopefully, Vizcaino will do the same.

BigEdWalsh
06-03-2005, 02:40 AM
Glad to see that Shingo is leading here. We all know what Shingo is capable of (whether or not he ever gets back to that again). As far as Vizciano goes, pretty much all we've seen from him is bad.

LVSoxFan
06-03-2005, 02:21 PM
I have more faith in the guy that, at one point, retired 28 straight batters for us last year while posting a 2ish ERA on the season over one that has never been all that great. Both are shaky now, but I'll take the guy with the track-record over the one without one. Shingo needs to locate his fastball better more than anything. Vizcaino just flat out needs to go.

Yup. Exactly.

mweflen
06-03-2005, 02:26 PM
I can't believe anyone is voting for Viz-Gas-Can-O.

At least Shingo only sucks 50% of the time.

Infallible
06-03-2005, 02:28 PM
So where are the other 13 guys who voted for Loses Vizcaino? COWARDS!

ChicagoHoosier
06-03-2005, 02:29 PM
None of the above.

Both COULD be effective - we all like Viz the Fizz when he joined our team and everyone was saying to not overlook that part of the trade. He has looked good at times. But both pitchers have been hot and cold and both make me nervous as hell (as well as Cotts) whenever they come in the game.

That being said - I still take our bullpen over most in baseball.

Ol' No. 2
06-03-2005, 02:45 PM
Faith is irrelevant. Show me what you can do or take a seat.

Uncle_Patrick
06-03-2005, 02:50 PM
This was a tough one, but I went with Shingo. He doesn't seem to suck all of the time, while Viz does.