PDA

View Full Version : Octavio Dotel out at least a year, maybe 2

cbrownson13
06-02-2005, 09:44 PM
He's having reconstructive elbow surgery.

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2074677

Jjav829
06-02-2005, 09:45 PM
Despite recommendations from four doctors against it, Octavio Dotel has decided undergo Tommy John surgery.
''Octavio does not feel he can pitch with the level of pain he was pitching with,'' A's trainer Larry Davis said Thursday. ''Everybody's tolerance level is different. Octavio feels like he's tried long enough. ... He's been throwing a long time and is tired of recurrent tendinitis.'' Some will question his manhood, but with Dotel eligible for free agency at the end of the season, he could have tried to tough it out for a few more months and then undergo surgery next year after getting his next contract. Now he'll have to take an incentive-laden deal this winter. Huston Street should remain Oakland's closer for the rest of the season.

Cross him off the list of potential relievers the Sox could look at for help. Beane won't be getting anything in return for him now. Just another steal for Billy Beane!

ChiWhiteSox1337
06-02-2005, 09:56 PM
Ouch. Thankfully the A's, I'm sure that Huston Street will be great in the closer role. Pick him up now in any fantasy league that he's available in!(Neither of the WSI leagues of course :(:)

RKMeibalane
06-02-2005, 10:00 PM
Cross him off the list of potential relievers the Sox could look at for help. Beane won't be getting anything in return for him now. Just another steal for Billy Beane!

Careful. Jeremy will come after you for attacking Beane. :cool:

PAPChiSox729
06-02-2005, 10:04 PM
Well at least will be the end of the Crede, Garland for Chavez, Dotel deal.

:rolleyes:

TheOldRoman
06-02-2005, 10:09 PM
KW, trade for him now! Buy low, sell high!

RKMeibalane
06-02-2005, 10:10 PM
Well at least will be the end of the Crede, Garland for Chavez, Dotel deal.

:rolleyes:

A few seasons ago, I think KW might have done the deal anyway.

JoseCanseco6969
06-02-2005, 10:26 PM
Ouch. Thankfully the A's, I'm sure that Huston Street will be great in the closer role. Pick him up now in any fantasy league that he's available in!(Neither of the WSI leagues of course :(:)

Thanks for the advice, just picked him up!

Soxzilla
06-02-2005, 11:00 PM
A few seasons ago, I think KW might have done the deal anyway.

A few seasons ago I would have done it too.

DVsoxfan
06-02-2005, 11:24 PM
Ouch. Thankfully the A's, I'm sure that Huston Street will be great in the closer role. Pick him up now in any fantasy league that he's available in!(Neither of the WSI leagues of course :(:)Already did....:D: