PDA

View Full Version : Twins win but hurt themselves

StockdaleForVeep
06-02-2005, 08:22 PM
Twins won today in 13 but ended up losing mauer to a re-agrivated groin, punto on the dl and morneau reinjured his elbow

This week they enter a series with the Yankees, lets hope the evil empire can push em back a few more games for us, esp with santana pitchin today, they wont be seein him

veeter
06-02-2005, 09:10 PM
I hate to see injuries but they are part of the game. We suffered last year, maybe it's their turn. Mauer is on his way to be called injury prone.

White Sox Josh
06-02-2005, 09:30 PM
I don't know about you guys but I hope nobody on the Twins is injured so when we win the division we can say that we beat them at their best.

He gone
06-02-2005, 09:58 PM
This week they enter a series with the Yankees, lets hope the evil empire can push em back a few more games for us,

Hopefully they play better than they did against the Royals :redneck

RKMeibalane
06-02-2005, 10:00 PM
Is it me, or is Mauer always hurt?

Hmm...

TheOldRoman
06-02-2005, 10:12 PM
I hate to see injuries but they are part of the game. We suffered last year, maybe it's their turn. Mauer is on his way to be called injury prone.
No, Mauer WAS on his way to being called injury prone in high school. He is there now. Now he is on his way to being called "an injury waiting to happen" or "out of baseball by age 26".

PAPChiSox729
06-02-2005, 10:17 PM
Twins won today in 13 but ended up losing mauer to a re-agrivated groin, punto on the dl and morneau reinjured his elbow

This week they enter a series with the Yankees, lets hope the evil empire can push em back a few more games for us, esp with santana pitchin today, they wont be seein him

The Sox need to take advantage of this now. The only tough teams we seem to be facing in June are the Padres and the D'Backs. I'm confident the Sox can have an awesome June, get that Win% back over .666, and get some more games up on the Twinkies. We need to pad that lead.

Soxzilla
06-02-2005, 10:58 PM
I don't know about you guys but I hope nobody on the Twins is injured so when we win the division we can say that we beat them at their best.

I don't see many sox fans still complaining about last year losing our two big boppers?

Injuries are part of the game.

Did I also mention how we haven't had the best right handed hitter of our generation for more than four at-bats this year?

Unregistered
06-03-2005, 12:29 AM
I don't know about you guys but I hope nobody on the Twins is injured so when we win the division we can say that we beat them at their best. Somehow I think I'd still be satisfied winning the division even if the entire Twins roster got lost on the way to the ballpark from now until October. There's no bonus prize for beating a team without injuries and running away with the thing won't upset me one bit.

DMarte708
06-03-2005, 12:45 AM
People, remember which organization wer'e talking about here.

There's probably another scrub 1st baseman or catcher in their system who will contribute immediately when called up. Infact, they'll put up HOF caliber numbers in their short time before Morneau and Mauer return.

ShoelessJoeS
06-03-2005, 02:05 AM
People, remember which organization wer'e talking about here.

There's probably another scrub 1st baseman or catcher in their system who will contribute immediately when called up. Infact, they'll put up HOF caliber numbers in their short time before Morneau and Mauer return.
man i wish that was teal...:(:

Madvora
06-03-2005, 10:04 AM
The good thing is that we've shown that we can handle the Twins ourselves this year. That is the most important thing.
Let them do what they want and we'll beat them back down when the meet up with us again.

- I can say that, but it's really hard convincing myself not to worry about the size of our lead now.

gobears1987
06-03-2005, 08:49 PM
man i wish that was teal...:(:
sadly we both know that this will be true. It is every damned time the Twinkies call someone up.

elrod
06-03-2005, 10:56 PM
Looks like the Yankees are stuck in Kansas City.

Stroker Ace
06-04-2005, 12:05 AM
I hate to see injuries but they are part of the game. We suffered last year, maybe it's their turn. Mauer is on his way to be called injury prone.On his way? He arrived a while ago.:D:

Lip Man 1
06-04-2005, 01:11 PM
Example number one: Brent Abernathy. Who???

Lip

SoxSpeed22
06-04-2005, 05:48 PM
Example number one: Brent Abernathy. Who???

LipHe was on the 2000 Olympic team. Was originally drafted by Tampa Bay and naturally left them. I really don't want the thread to go this way, so this must be done.
:boston"Despite his latest injury, Joe Mauer is still a hall of famer. Justin Morneu should challenge him for MVP and the Twins will sweep the Cubs in the World Series."
:bashbro"Here's the latest shipment. When do you give this to the new guys? Lew quit hoggin' those and let the new guys have it!"
:notwinks