PDA

View Full Version : What Paulie did yesterday

mccoydp
06-02-2005, 11:19 AM
I sure hope Paulie got all of his chores done yesterday:

(can be found on the White Sox homepage)"

The day off is not exactly a phrase in Konerko's playing vocabulary. He wasn't going to ask for a break, but he also was pretty sure that playing every day was not in the team's plans.

Time off on the field, though, ultimately led to an increased workload at home.

"At first, I was thinking it would be a good idea," Konerko said. "Then, the next thing I know, I'm lugging around patio furniture, moving it around the yard. You take orders from the boss, here or at home."

Guess we know who wears the pants in his home...

tebman
06-02-2005, 11:22 AM
I sure hope Paulie got all of his chores done yesterday:

(can be found on the White Sox homepage)"

The day off is not exactly a phrase in Konerko's playing vocabulary. He wasn't going to ask for a break, but he also was pretty sure that playing every day was not in the team's plans.

Time off on the field, though, ultimately led to an increased workload at home.

"At first, I was thinking it would be a good idea," Konerko said. "Then, the next thing I know, I'm lugging around patio furniture, moving it around the yard. You take orders from the boss, here or at home."

Wait a minute...wasn't Konerko at the game with his team?

ma_deuce
06-02-2005, 11:22 AM

Spoken like a true bachelor. :wink:

mccoydp
06-02-2005, 11:25 AM
Spoken like a true bachelor. :wink:

No, I'm married, but thanks for the compliment!

DumpJerry
06-02-2005, 11:35 AM
Wait a minute...wasn't Konerko at the game with his team?
It was a night game, those are daytime chores. Since he was not playing, he could not say "honey, I'd love to, but I gotta be rested up for the game tonight."

tebman
06-02-2005, 11:40 AM
It was a night game, those are daytime chores. Since he was not playing, he could not say "honey, I'd love to, but I gotta be rested up for the game tonight."
Okay -- I feel better.:wink:

While that made an amusing story, I couldn't believe that he literally stayed home.

Iwritecode
06-02-2005, 11:48 AM
Okay -- I feel better.:wink:

While that made an amusing story, I couldn't believe that he literally stayed home.

IIRC, Ozzie threatened to fine him if he came to the park any earlier than 5:00.

PicktoCLick72
06-02-2005, 12:52 PM
I see no matter if Konerko plays or not people find a way to disparage him.

Frater Perdurabo
06-02-2005, 01:05 PM

Only to "bring balance to the force" to offset the slobbering of those for whom Paulie can do no wrong.

mccoydp
06-02-2005, 01:06 PM
Only to "bring balance to the force" to offset the slobbering of those for whom Paulie can do no wrong.

Kind of like Yin and Yang....:smile:

dcb33
06-02-2005, 01:16 PM
Moving patio furniture? Sounds like a good way one could sustain a humiliating freak injury that people would laugh at for years to come...

kevingrt
06-02-2005, 02:04 PM
We'll see if the housework pays off tomorrow night versus the Jindians.

Deadguy
06-02-2005, 03:49 PM
So not only is he a poor ball player, he's ***** whipped.

I hope his wife takes him for half his worth, just to even out all the money he has stolen from the Sox. Leaves him with less money for rogaine and hair plugs, though. :whiner:

nasox
06-02-2005, 04:29 PM

I hope his wife takes him for half his worth, just to even out all the money he has stolen from the Sox. Leaves him with less money for rogaine and hair plugs, though. :whiner:

Wow. Worst post in a while. Wow.

fquaye149
06-02-2005, 04:37 PM
or maybe this is just yet another example of Paulie rambling like a weblogger about his every thought.

Soxzilla
06-02-2005, 04:39 PM
Wow. Worst post in a while. Wow.

I gotta second that.

JohnBasedowYoda
06-02-2005, 04:39 PM
Moving patio furniture? Sounds like a good way one could sustain a humiliating freak injury that people would laugh at for years to come...

moving furniture is how seasons are ended on the north side

GregoryEtc
06-02-2005, 04:48 PM
moving furniture is how seasons are ended on the north side

Moving furniture isn't nearly as dangerous as sneezing or chatting with your brother on AOL Instant Messenger for 5 hours at a time.

mccoydp
06-02-2005, 04:53 PM

Wow.

fquaye149
06-02-2005, 05:47 PM

Even as much as the thought of Paulie's loudmouth, GIDP, and GIDaPaulogists drives steam from my ears, this statement is way overboard. come on man.

TheOldRoman
06-02-2005, 06:29 PM

That was pretty classless.

Hendu
06-02-2005, 07:47 PM

Great. So now I know what chores Pauly did on his day off. In other news, he also likes to take long walks on the beach.

Too bad he can't hit over .250 with RISP.

SoxFan76
06-02-2005, 08:00 PM
Great. So now I know what chores Pauly did on his day off. In other news, he also likes to take long walks on the beach.

He leads the team in RBIs though, despite that horrid average.

mccoydp
06-02-2005, 08:37 PM

Walks along Lake Michigan? How sweet!:redface:

Hendu
06-02-2005, 08:54 PM
Walks along Lake Michigan? How sweet!:redface:

It was a message that appeared on the scoreboard during the series in Toronto when he came to bat.

Quote from the May 7th AP game summary:
"Someone had a little fun with Konerko, too. Just before his second homer, a message on the Rogers Centre board read "Paul likes to take long walks on the beach." :D:

Just another little amusing tidbit about Pauly along with an article about him doing chores. Can't wait to see him on Inside Edition or MTV Cribs.

mccoydp
06-02-2005, 11:07 PM
It was a message that appeared on the scoreboard during the series in Toronto when he came to bat.

Quote from the May 7th AP game summary:
"Someone had a little fun with Konerko, too. Just before his second homer, a message on the Rogers Centre board read "Paul likes to take long walks on the beach." :D:

Just another little amusing tidbit about Pauly along with an article about him doing chores. Can't wait to see him on Inside Edition or MTV Cribs.

No kidding? I thought you were joking....but I wouldn't put it past him!