PDA

View Full Version : Big Hurt back to DL?

tlebar318
06-02-2005, 09:23 AM
I was just reading on Rotoworld that with the interleague games coming and Gload ready to come back Frank might go on the DL to let the hip flexor heal completely. Frank is quoted as saying he and the team will make a decision by tomorrow....:(:

Madvora
06-02-2005, 09:25 AM
No DL. It's in the paper today. Decision has already been made.

"On 2nd thought, no DL for Thomas"
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-050601soxbrite,1,2756282.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines

soxrme
06-02-2005, 09:26 AM
I was just reading on Rotoworld that with the interleague games coming and Gload ready to come back Frank might go on the DL to let the hip flexor heal completely. Frank is quoted as saying he and the team will make a decision by tomorrow....:(:
It said in the Tribune that this won't happen, but I think it would be a great idea because he will probably need a pinch runner and this would leave our bench two guys short. If Gload is back it gives us a backup at first and also a left handed pinch hitter.

tlebar318
06-02-2005, 09:28 AM
No DL. It's in the paper today. Decision has already been made.

"On 2nd thought, no DL for Thomas"
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-050601soxbrite,1,2756282.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines

If this indeed is true then good. I have not had the time to look at the Trib today...

kevingrt
06-02-2005, 01:10 PM
Frank would probably shoot KW and Ozzie if they he were to go down to the DL. Hell he pinch hit last night, he should be fine to pinch hit in any interleague game. Just no first base, which sucks, but whateva

RKMeibalane
06-02-2005, 01:12 PM
Frank would probably shoot KW and Ozzie if they he were to go down to the DL.

:hurt

TWANG -------------------------------------------------> Thump!

Frank is an even better shot than Daver. :cool:

Deadguy
06-02-2005, 02:33 PM
Frank would probably shoot KW and Ozzie if they he were to go down to the DL.

Actually, before Wednesday's game, Thomas was quoted as saying "if he has to go back to the DL, then he'd go back", since he'd be relegated to PH duties for the next week, and if put on the DL, it would be retroactive to Tuesday. That would mean that Thomas would be back by the middle of the next homestand, and it would allow him to get more PAs in Charlotte with a new 20 days allocated for a rehab stint, or it would allow him to rest up.

However, the fact that he PH yesterday pretty much puts an end to that idea. The best they could do now is make his DL stint retroactive to today, and Thomas would be put on the shelf for an extra two days just because of that one PA last night. Keep Thomas on the club, let him play this weekend, PH next week, and be back in full force for the next homestand.

Deadguy
06-02-2005, 03:01 PM

Just looked at rotoworld, and they posted that information based on the article that was placed on whitesox.com. That blurb from rotoworld.com was posted at aroung 9:00 EST, which means it was before Thomas PH last night.

Today, rotoworld seems to say something different, making the above information dated:

June 2nd:
Frank Thomas, who strained a hip flexor two days ago, pinch-hit for Scott Podsednik in the ninth inning with two outs, the bases loaded and the White Sox down four runs. Thomas walked to drive in a run, but Juan Uribe was retired to end the game next at-bat.
Thomas was immediately replaced by a pinch-runner after reaching, but the White Sox probably wouldn't have used him unless they had a good idea he'd be able to avoid the disabled list.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?sport=MLB&id=4527

downstairs
06-02-2005, 03:07 PM
What's the minimum DL stint? 15 days? If that's true, its silly. If he can be on the DL for pretty much ONLY the NL-stadium games, maybe...

For sure he's not going to be used other than a pinch hitter... which he's done pretty well in his one at-bat in that place... so just leave him there, IMHO...

RockyMtnSoxFan
06-02-2005, 06:07 PM
On Friday, or surely sometime before the games in Colorado and San Diego next week, the Sox will activate first baseman Ross Gload, although it is not clear whose spot he would be taking

Send Konerko down. :D: Seriously though, when Gload gets back, I think he should get playing time, perhaps not every day, but at least against righties. His defense and (probably) his offense are better.

Daver
06-02-2005, 06:13 PM
:hurt

TWANG -------------------------------------------------> Thump!

Frank is an even better shot than Daver. :cool:

Are you giving odds on who wins?

If so I want a big part of that action.

RKMeibalane
06-02-2005, 06:18 PM
Are you giving odds on who wins?

If so I want a big part of that action.

Vegas has Frank 2:1.

soxjim
06-02-2005, 07:41 PM
To put Frank on the DL would be a tough call. If you would retroactive it from today he would be eligible to come back against the Dodgers on June 17. If we had another series at a NL park between now and then I would say yes especially if he can't play first base.