PDA

View Full Version : Pitching Matchups vs. Indians

SaltyPretzel
06-02-2005, 09:17 AM
Does anyone know who will be pitching for the Indians this weekend? Thanks.

Madvora
06-02-2005, 09:20 AM
Following the regular rotation is should be...

Fri - Hernandez
Sat - Garland
Sun - Buehrle

bluestar
06-02-2005, 09:21 AM
Westbrook on Friday and Sabathia on Sunday. I think we'll face the new call-up, Brian Tallet (he took Millwood's place in the rotation), on Saturday.

Ol' No. 2
06-02-2005, 09:39 AM
Hawk mentioned someone called Toby Announced pitching for the Indians on Saturday.:redneck

RKMeibalane
06-02-2005, 09:58 AM
Hawk mentioned someone called Toby Announced pitching for the Indians on Saturday.:redneck

That guy must be good. He has been pitching for a lot of teams lately.

SaltyPretzel
06-02-2005, 09:58 AM
Westbrook on Friday and Sabathia on Sunday. I think we'll face the new call-up, Brian Tallet (he took Millwood's place in the rotation), on Saturday.

Cool, I have tickets for Sunday. Should be a good one.

Madvora
06-02-2005, 11:13 AM

You know that's not a good sign. A pitcher that we haven't seen before...?
Oh God! I'm going to be at that game too.

bluestar
06-02-2005, 11:28 AM
You know that's not a good sign. A pitcher that we haven't seen before...?
Oh God! I'm going to be at that game too.

Tallet is a fairly highly touted lefty that supposedly has a very nasty mid-90's splitter. I was hoping he would go against Santana tonight and the Sox would get to face Elarton in the upcoming series, but Elarton is facing Santana. :(:

With that said, it can be tough on a pitcher to start his first major league game in a hostile environment. Hopefully the Sox will provide a rude welcome to the majors.

BaseballTonyght
06-02-2005, 12:02 PM
With that said, it can be tough on a pitcher to start his first major league game in a hostile environment. Hopefully the Sox will provide a rude welcome to the majors.

These are the kinds of games that scare me the most... Sox vs. Rookie Call Up.

JB98
06-02-2005, 12:03 PM
Tallet is a fairly highly touted lefty that supposedly has a very nasty mid-90's splitter. I was hoping he would go against Santana tonight and the Sox would get to face Elarton in the upcoming series, but Elarton is facing Santana. :(:

We've faced Tallet before. I think it was two years ago at the Cell.

bluestar
06-02-2005, 12:22 PM
We've faced Tallet before. I think it was two years ago at the Cell.

I thought that, too, but I wasn't sure. After doing some online searches, it appears he has pitched for the Indians before. He also had Tommy John surgery a couple of years ago. He throws a lot of splitters, so that doesn't surprise me too much.

TomParrish79
06-02-2005, 07:01 PM
I too hate the facing the dreaded rookie call-up.

You never know, maybe we will knock him around a little.

ShoelessJoeS
06-02-2005, 07:09 PM
I too hate the facing the dreaded rookie call-up.

You never know, maybe we will knock him around a little.
just like santana from anaheim?

TomParrish79
06-02-2005, 07:15 PM
yeah well..... we gotta beat up on one of these new guys eventually.

You know the blind hog and the acorn and all that stuff.

StockdaleForVeep
06-02-2005, 07:24 PM
This better not be a typical

"Rookie pitcher blanks the whitesox" moment

Is our advanced scouting team just that bad in givin our players info on new pitchers?

JB98
06-02-2005, 08:07 PM
This better not be a typical

"Rookie pitcher blanks the whitesox" moment

Is our advanced scouting team just that bad in givin our players info on new pitchers?

Actually, I think our hitters are just that bad in making adjustments.

tribeturd
06-02-2005, 08:43 PM
Well I know Jake Westbrook pitches tomorrow.

Now Kevin Millwood is still on DL for Indians so pitching for Saturday is unknown.. If Wedge decides to keep 4 man rotation like they have had in last week {4-2} then CC will face Garland on Saturday and Lee vs. Beuhrle on Sunday...

So...
Westbrook- Hernandez
CC-Garland
Lee-Beuhrle

Both teams will be hoping for 2 of 3. Hell if someone was to sweep they are REALLY GOOD!

ShoelessJoeS
06-02-2005, 08:46 PM
Well I know Jake Westbrook pitches tomorrow.

Now Kevin Millwood is still on DL for Indians so pitching for Saturday is unknown.. If Wedge decides to keep 4 man rotation like they have had in last week {4-2} then CC will face Garland on Saturday and Lee vs. Beuhrle on Sunday...

So...
Westbrook- Hernandez
CC-Garland
Lee-Beuhrle

Both teams will be hoping for 2 of 3. Hell if someone was to sweep they are REALLY GOOD!
oh but the sox are really good

tribeturd
06-02-2005, 08:54 PM
indians 16-13 in May.

9-13 in April..

The bullpen and offense are better than earlier this season..

Should be a fun series!

PAPChiSox729
06-02-2005, 08:56 PM
Cool, I have tickets for Sunday. Should be a good one.

I really hope we beat up on Sabathia. He is my least favorite Indian. It would be awesome to pound on him to complete the sweep at the home.

bluestar
06-02-2005, 09:18 PM
According to whitesox.com site, Tallet will start Saturday against Garland, and Sabathia will go Sunday against Buerhle.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/probable_pitchers.jsp?c_id=cws

JoseCanseco6969
06-02-2005, 09:20 PM
CC @ US. Cellular..

4-0!!!!! That is in his career. Went through Tribe Archives. If not Saturday he will go Sunday vs. Beuhrle who last year the two had a big pitchers duel with the Tribe winning 3-2....

His other win last year @ CWS was 5-1.

I hope it will continue!

I wonder how long you will last here. I checked out your site, which looks good except its filled with ridiculous anti sox remarks by yourself. Keep it civilized here though cause our mods wont take too kindly to some of those remarks.

Chisox003
06-02-2005, 09:24 PM
I wonder how long you will last here. I checked out your site, which looks good except its filled with ridiculous anti sox remarks by yourself. Keep it civilized here though cause our mods wont take too kindly to some of those remarks.

Ya, its one thing to support your team, which is fine...

But being anti-sox here is insulting....

Its only going to take one dumb remark after a Sox loss and HE GONE!

Ill give it a week

bluestar
06-02-2005, 09:50 PM
OFFICIAL CC SABATHIA VS. WHITE SOX STATS

For his career, he's 8-2, 4.16 against the W Sox overall, and a stellar 5-0, 2.21 at US Cellular...

I think you will find that most people here are all too painfully aware of how good Sabathia has been against the Sox over the past couple of years.

JB98
06-02-2005, 10:24 PM
I think you will find that most people here are all too painfully aware of how good Sabathia has been against the Sox over the past couple of years.

Didn't Buerhle beat Sabathia last year? I remember he tossed a two-hitter at the Jake, and we won like 3-0. I seem to recall Sabathia being his mound opponent, but I could be wrong.

bluestar
06-02-2005, 10:41 PM
Didn't Buerhle beat Sabathia last year? I remember he tossed a two-hitter at the Jake, and we won like 3-0. I seem to recall Sabathia being his mound opponent, but I could be wrong.

Buehrle beat the Indians 14 - 0 at the Jake in a game where he faced the minimum number of batters and had a perfect game with one out in the 7th when Omar Vizquel hit a single. Cliff Lee started for the Toons.

Last August, Buehrle faced Sabathia in Chicago, and lost 3 - 2.

CHISOXFAN13
06-02-2005, 10:43 PM
Actully until I looked at those game wraps I never knew that. I knew he was good at US Cellular but never that good vs. Sox.

He has been missed in a lotta series. Meaning he was 1 pitcher away from starting so well i donno haha

How well did your beloved Indians fare against the Sox on Opening Day?

That's what I thought.

JB98
06-02-2005, 10:47 PM
Buehrle beat the Indians 14 - 0 at the Jake in a game where he faced the minimum number of batters and had a perfect game with one out in the 7th when Omar Vizquel hit a single. Cliff Lee started for the Toons.

Last August, Buehrle faced Sabathia in Chicago, and lost 3 - 2.

I stand corrected. That 14-0 game must have been what I was thinking of.

santo=dorf
06-02-2005, 10:58 PM
How well did your beloved Indians fare against the Sox on Opening Day?

That's what I thought.

The guy has already been banned (including here) from 3 different Sox boards. :kukoo:

batmanZoSo
06-02-2005, 11:16 PM
The guy has already been banned (including here) from 3 different Sox boards. :kukoo:

What with the way the Indians broke out and manhandled this division like all the experts said, what do you expect? :rolleyes:

Mr. White Sox
06-02-2005, 11:37 PM
Tallet? Uh oh...
White Sox + Rookie Call-Up OR ML Debut OR facing for first time = :(::(::(:

PAPChiSox729
06-02-2005, 11:45 PM
Tallet? Uh oh...
White Sox + Rookie Call-Up OR ML Debut OR facing for first time = :(::(::(:

I really think the Sox will get to that guy. We are a different team than years past. I know we were shutout by Santana2 but he was just on his game. A lot of teams wouldn't have been successful him. Besides, this guy isn't exactly a rookie. We will be fine. Oh, make sure you keep your brooms handy.

Cowhead418
06-03-2005, 01:11 PM
I am not banned!!!!!!

You guys have our number Saturday but the other 2 games are pretty even. Westbrook has been realing pitching well..... Only 5 losses of 1-0 2-1 3-2 4-2 2-1
Don't worry. Just don't say anything that will cause this board to go into an uproar (which happens quite often I might add) and you won't get banned. This should be a good series.

Hangar18
06-03-2005, 01:32 PM
Tallet is a fairly highly touted lefty that supposedly has a very nasty mid-90's splitter. I was hoping he would go against Santana tonight and the Sox would get to face Elarton in the upcoming series, but Elarton is facing Santana.

*SIGHS* rookie pitchers seem to always dominate us. Now weve GOT TO WIN tonite .......... if only so that we can shoot for 2 of 3.

bluestar
06-03-2005, 01:41 PM
*SIGHS* rookie pitchers seem to always dominate us. Now weve GOT TO WIN tonite .......... if only so that we can shoot for 2 of 3.

The good news is: the Sox have faced Tallet before. On June 21, 2003, Tallet started for Cleveland at USCF against Mike Porzio for the Sox. He lasted 4 2/3 innings. The Sox scored one run in the second and three in the third off Tallet. Crede hit a solo shot off Tallet in the second inning. Carl also had a single in that game. The Sox held on for a 4 - 3 win.

However, since that time Tallet has undergone Tommy John surgery and has been pitching very well in AAA. He hasn't pitched in well over a week, so he may be a bit rusty coming into the game.

He pitched in two games, 12 innings, in 2002 and had a 1 - 0 record for Cleveland with an ERA of 1.50. In 2003, he pitched in five games, 19 innings, and had a 0 - 2 record with an ERA of 4.74.

shoota
06-03-2005, 01:58 PM
CC @ US. Cellular..

4-0!!!!! That is in his career. Went through Tribe Archives. If not Saturday he will go Sunday vs. Beuhrle who last year the two had a big pitchers duel with the Tribe winning 3-2....

His other win last year @ CWS was 5-1.

I hope it will continue!

Talk to me when your team has won more games than it has lost. You're in 4th place behind another under .500 team, the Tigers. The Sox are 9.5 games up on the Indians. To think your team can compete with MLB's best White Sox is foolish.

CHISOXFAN13
06-03-2005, 01:59 PM

Yeah, I guess we should assume that Garland, with an 8-2 record, is going to lye down for the Tribe, too.

MHOUSE
06-03-2005, 02:57 PM
I have faith in El Duque giving us at least 6 strong right off the DL and the bullpen will be rested after the off day. Plus he's opposing Fake Westbrook and his 2-7? record. I thought he was the new ACE in Cleveland...? Career Year I guess! Then Saturday won't be a rookie syndrome game because Garland will bounce back and win #9 after dropping his last two going against Tallet who isn't a wide-eyed AA rookie who can usually take us on. We can get to this guy. Then Sunday is a classic pitchers duel Lefty-Lefty between two young aces. It's going to be a good series I think.

maurice
06-03-2005, 02:59 PM
Dude, you're out of your ****ing mind.

Last 23 games

How about looking at ALL of the games, not just the ones when the Sox played road games against 1st place teams?

you saw what we did last year. OVERCOME you guys by lets see....12 games at one point.

Who is "we"? The only thing the Toons overcame last year was the misplaced notion that they were a good team.

You have a 3.5 game lead.......

. . . over the Twins, you moron. You're crappy team is not even in 2nd place. Stop living in the 1990s. You suck. We're in 1st place. Deal with it.
:dtroll:

NSSoxFan
06-03-2005, 03:00 PM
Why should I even respond to you?????

Last 23 games
Indians 14-9
White Sox 11-13

3.5 games better.

Now sure I am on a Sox Board on this but hell you saw what we did last year. OVERCOME you guys by lets see....12 games at one point. This date last year we were 7 back of you. On August 15, 2004 we were 5 better than you.

Add to the fact we have all June-July-August-September left I wouldn't be talkin to much trash man.

You have a 3.5 game lead.......

You guys are great but have seemed to cool off since that 7 or 8 game win streak to begin may.

They're Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack....

:notoons :wh1tesox00

shoota
06-03-2005, 04:46 PM
Again.

2-7.... Have you looked at his stats and his run support? The way he has pitched is like an ace.

Here you go...

2 complete games. Both were losses.
2 bad Losses both to Detroit, 1 fair game but loss, but others were very good.

@ CWS.. Complete game; Loss 1-0: 4 hits 1 run.
vs. Min..3 runs on 3 hits. Loss 3-2.(8 innings)
@ ANA..2 runs on 5 hits(8 innings)
got a win @ Minnesota 4-2.
vs. TOR.. 3 Runs on 2 Hits. No Decision
vs. Anaheim-CRUSHER! 2 run on 5 hits. Retired 21 in a row through 9 1/3 and next 3 batters got hits. 2 scored. Loss
@ Min..2 runs on 5 hits. No Decision
vs. Oak. 1 run on 4 hits. WIN.

Last 6 starts. MONTH OF MAY

2-2 Record
Averaged 6 innings a game
ERA of 2.5
Average of 5 hits given up per game.
So I think you may get a bit surprised tonight.

Some of your statistics are incorrect. If you want to be taken seriously or be seen as anything but a troll, you cannot lie and mislead as you did above.

Your statistic that Westbrook has only given up an average of 5 hits per game for the month of May is misleading since there were two starts in May where he only lasted a little more than 3 innings. On May 8th, he only lasted 3 1/3 innings due to his poor performance, and on May 13 he only went 3 2/3 due to a rain delay.

Your statistic that I highlighted in pink is wrong. I hope it was your lack of baseball knowledge that is the reason for the incorrect stat, and not an intentional lie. He only lasted 8 1/3, NOT 9 1/3 as you stated.

It seems that Westbrook has many quality starts but games where he can't keep his team in the game. With 7 losses already, it looks like he can be the next 20-game loser--especially since he has to face the MLB best White Sox a number of times.

maurice
06-03-2005, 05:20 PM
The way he has pitched is like an ace. . . . 2 bad Losses both to Detroit . . . .

Well, now we're all convinced. Aces get shelled by Detroit all the time!
:dtroll:

bluestar
06-03-2005, 10:22 PM
Where is our tribetalkbb friend tonight?

It looks like we'll get to see Jason Davis tomorrow instead of Tallet. Davis has been having a tough year. I hope Garland returns to earlier form and we rough Davis up early and often.

ChiSoxGirl
06-03-2005, 10:30 PM
Where is our tribetalkbb friend tonight?

It looks like we'll get to see Jason Davis tomorrow instead of Tallet. Davis has been having a tough year. I hope Garland returns to earlier form and we rough Davis up early and often.

LOL! I made reference to him in my postgame post. I wondered where tribetalkbb was, but then came to the realization he was too busy eating crow to be lurking around WSI! :bandance: Let's hope he STAYS busy all weekend!

MRKARNO
06-03-2005, 10:40 PM
HAPPY I AM BACK!

Your stay will be short
:troll

santo=dorf
06-03-2005, 11:13 PM
Take a look at this dead troll (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/member.php?userid=4643) and you make your own conclusions. :rolleyes: :dtroll:

tstrike2000
06-03-2005, 11:14 PM
I will. I started that thread like in April and I should delete it. SORRY Thanks for the Kudos. Hope you went to actual website as well.

OFFICIAL CC SABATHIA VS. WHITE SOX STATS

For his career, he's 8-2, 4.16 against the W Sox overall, and a stellar 5-0, 2.21 at US Cellular...

I'll take my chances against CC Fatbathia this year.

tstrike2000
06-03-2005, 11:29 PM
You'll catch him at a good time!!!:wink:

And the little Tee-Pee people are catching Buehrle at a good time.

Mr. White Sox
06-04-2005, 02:01 AM
Now it turns out we're facing Davis, not Tallet...good thing, right?