PDA

View Full Version : Props from ESPN2 for USCF

bluestar
06-02-2005, 09:07 AM
The announcing crew for last night's game on ESPN2 was extremely complimentary of U.S. Cellular Field. They talked at some length about how nice the park is and how much it has been improved over the past few years. They even showed the greenery in outfield without making a reference to The Urinal.

It was a little thing, but little comments like that to a national audience can go a long way toward dispelling the false myths that exist about USCF.

Iguana775
06-02-2005, 09:12 AM
Which was over shadowed by the Ozzie bashing.

but it's nice to finally have someone say the park is actually nice and not a pit hole like was said a while back.

mccoydp
06-02-2005, 09:22 AM
The ESPN2 crew is still a bunch of ignorant cornholes...:angry:

I can't remember exactly who said it (I believe it was Chris Berman), but, when referring to the rough edges & back and forth nature of the game, a reference was made that "we're not looking at 1,2, or 3 starters here".

Guess again, dork. Jose Contreras is #3 for the Sox. Do some homework next time, before you open up your mouth. Heck, even I read the MLB PressPass before each game. Shouldn't announcers try to become even slightly familiar with the teams they are announcing for?

How about those runs that Chad Hermanson gave up in the ninth?

mccoydp
06-02-2005, 09:24 AM
One more thing: a lot of people complain about Hawk and DJ, and Hawk and Wimpy before that.

I'll tell you this: I would much rather listen to a couple of homers, our homers, instead of ESPN and Fox Sports morons.

bluestar
06-02-2005, 09:38 AM
One more thing: a lot of people complain about Hawk and DJ, and Hawk and Wimpy before that.

I'll tell you this: I would much rather listen to a couple of homers, our homers, instead of ESPN and Fox Sports morons.

No argument there.

Ol' No. 2
06-02-2005, 09:40 AM

I'll tell you this: I would much rather listen to a couple of homers, our homers, instead of ESPN and Fox Sports morons.I did.

Hangar18
06-02-2005, 09:55 AM
It was a little thing, but little comments like that to a national audience can go a long way toward dispelling the false myths that exist about USCF.

Very Good point ........ I personally didnt watch the game. Something about
national tv and us looking like a AA team. I hate that we always look bad
when everyones watching ........ That was a dumb lineup lastnite, but I see
what Ozz was trying to do. Our bullpen isnt as great as we think it is .......
Good Pitching and Good Hitting are a dangerous combination

fquaye149
06-02-2005, 10:01 AM
realistically contreras IS our #5 starter now. if we were to make the playoffs, he might not see the mound.

Hendu
06-02-2005, 10:02 AM
The announcing crew for last night's game on ESPN2 was extremely complimentary of U.S. Cellular Field. They talked at some length about how nice the park is and how much it has been improved over the past few years. They even showed the greenery in outfield without making a reference to The Urinal.

:moron

"But everybody knows that the Ballmall is a dump in a dangerous neighborhood because I said so"

thepaulbowski
06-02-2005, 10:19 AM
The ESPN2 crew is still a bunch of ignorant cornholes...:angry:

I can't remember exactly who said it (I believe it was Chris Berman), but, when referring to the rough edges & back and forth nature of the game, a reference was made that "we're not looking at 1,2, or 3 starters here".

Guess again, dork. Jose Contreras is #3 for the Sox. Do some homework next time, before you open up your mouth. Heck, even I read the MLB PressPass before each game. Shouldn't announcers try to become even slightly familiar with the teams they are announcing for?

How about those runs that Chad Hermanson gave up in the ninth?

Berman need to stick with football. His baseball act has grown extremely stale.

mccoydp
06-02-2005, 10:22 AM
realistically contreras IS our #5 starter now. if we were to make the playoffs, he might not see the mound.

We think alike...I would say that, realistically, it's Buehrle, Garland, Garcia, Hernandez, and Contreras.

Jerko
06-02-2005, 11:11 AM

His football act isn't any fresher, IMO.

skobabe8
06-02-2005, 11:20 AM

Berman is plain awful. I'm so glad I got to hear his call on Uribe's near HR on SportsCenter.

Hendu
06-02-2005, 11:28 AM
Berman is plain awful. I'm so glad I got to hear his call on Uribe's near HR on SportsCenter.

Is it just me or does Berman look like a washed-up alcoholic who goes on a bender every night, then comes into the office looking disheveled & poorly prepared thinking he can wing it?

Sxy Mofo
06-02-2005, 11:34 AM
We think alike...I would say that, realistically, it's Buehrle, Garland, Garcia, Hernandez, and Contreras.

While i can't stand berman in any walk of professional sports. The point about not 1,2, or 3 starters is somewhat legit. Technically, he is the third starter, however, if reshuffled, he'd be at least #4. Which is saying something, because he really didn't pitch a bad game last night, and has pitched very well this year. Errors kill. Especially easy ones.

kevingrt
06-02-2005, 01:09 PM

You can take the might off that statement. There is no way Jose would see the rubber to start during the playoffs. I could maybe see him in the pen and come in and face a couple hitters but no way would he start. I think even if El Duque wasn't completely 100% a three man rotation might occur. But no way Contreras would see the mound.

Out of all the starting pitchers on our staff I think Ozzie has the least confidence in Contreras and the shortest leash on him.

But to be more positive if he is our #5 starter, are there any better #5's in the MLB?

StockdaleForVeep
06-02-2005, 02:19 PM
I dont understand how people Bash the hawkerisms and DJ's announcin yet will not bash the "lovely" cub broadcasting or anything that comes from Jeff Brantleys mouth

Im startin the Brantley hate club, someone make a tag

Chisox003
06-02-2005, 02:24 PM
I dont understand how people Bash the hawkerisms and DJ's announcin yet will not bash the "lovely" cub broadcasting or anything that comes from Jeff Brantleys mouth

Ohhh do I hate Brantley....Check out my sig....What an idiot

Hes a jackass

StockdaleForVeep
06-02-2005, 02:26 PM
Ohhh do I hate Brantley....Check out my sig....What an idiot

Hes a jackass

Ha, see mine

TaylorStSox
06-02-2005, 05:11 PM

Some of us don't listen to the Cubs. We wouldn't know.

I've heard Stone a few times this year. He's the best in the business IMO.

ShoelessJoeS
06-02-2005, 05:15 PM
its about time the Cell gets some well deserved credit

Nellie_Fox
06-02-2005, 11:19 PM
Brantley seems absolutely angry that the Sox are continuing to play well. I think he resents the possibility of being proven wrong.

chisox06
06-03-2005, 12:14 AM
Which was over shadowed by the Ozzie bashing.

but it's nice to finally have someone say the park is actually nice and not a pit hole like was said a while back.

I think both of those warrant some discussion.

ShoelessJoeS
06-03-2005, 12:45 AM
Brantley seems absolutely angry that the Sox are continuing to play well. I think he resents the possibility of being proven wrong.
Bingo. He doesnt deserve media time to give his expert opinion.