PDA

View Full Version : To managers that are facing the Cubs

SoxxoS
06-02-2005, 12:22 AM
DO NOT PITCH TO DERREK LEE. YOU ARE TREATING JEROMY BURNITZ LIKE TED WILLIAMS. LET THE DOUCHE WHO CAN'T SPELL HIS NAME RIGHT AND HIS .260 AVERAGE BEAT YOU. THANKS.

soltrain21
06-02-2005, 10:47 AM
Someone needs to tell Derrick Lee that they banned steroids, not made them mandatory.

Hangar18
06-02-2005, 11:36 AM
Thats a pretty stupid Dodger team, continueing to give that guy stuff to hit.
In the AL, he wouldve been knocked down a couple times already .......

samram
06-02-2005, 12:14 PM
Thats a pretty stupid Dodger team, continueing to give that guy stuff to hit.
In the AL, he wouldve been knocked down a couple times already .......

I wasn't aware of any greater tendency on the part of AL pitchers to throw at guys, maybe I just missed it. Look, Derrick Lee is a very good player having a great year and Soxxos's advice should be taken by NL managers. The problem is, to my chagrin, the Dodgers aren't very good. They got off to a great start, but it's been really rough since they decided not to hit again and Yhancy Brazoban decided to be bad, all of which has happened in the last two weeks or so.

chaerulez
06-02-2005, 12:24 PM
DO NOT PITCH TO DERRICK LEE. YOU ARE TREATING JEROMY BERNITZ LIKE TED WILLIAMS. LET THE DOUCHE WHO CAN'T SPELL HIS NAME RIGHT AND HIS .260 AVERAGE BEAT YOU. THANKS.

While I agree Burnitz is not a very good player and teams should pitch around Lee and throw to him, but what does the spelling of his name have to do with anything? Just because you think it should be spelled Bernitz doesn't make it the "correct" way to spell something. With that logic Patrick Roy, should be Patrick Wah. Or Jermanie Dye should be Jermanie Die.

SoxxoS
06-02-2005, 12:27 PM
While I agree Burnitz is not a very good player and teams should pitch around Lee and throw to him, but what does the spelling of his name have to do with anything? Just because you think it should be spelled Bernitz doesn't make it the "correct" way to spell something. With that logic Patrick Roy, should be Patrick Wah. Or Jermanie Dye should be Jermanie Die.

Actually, that is pretty funny you say that, b/c I was talking about his first name (with the "o") not about his last name...which I spelled wrong. Oops.

MUScholar21
06-02-2005, 12:32 PM

I pretty sure he was going for "Jeremy" instead of "Jeromy":cool:

Iwritecode
06-02-2005, 01:00 PM
Actually, that is pretty funny you say that, b/c I was talking about his first name (with the "o") not about his last name...which I spelled wrong. Oops.

I think the all-time misspelling of a name goes to Jhonny P. (forgot his last name) on the Indians.

Dick Allen
06-02-2005, 01:14 PM
The Dodgers haven't been the same since Jose Valentin went on the DL.

MUScholar21
06-02-2005, 01:22 PM
I think the all-time misspelling of a name goes to Jhonny P. (forgot his last name) on the Indians.

It's Peralta, and you are absolutely correct. The worst part of it is that he WANTS people to pronounce his name that way. "Hi, my name is Jah-honny, nice to meet you." TOOL!

ewokpelts
06-02-2005, 01:34 PM
ACTUALLY, Lee's first name is Derrek, not Derrick.

Gene

Iwritecode
06-02-2005, 01:41 PM
ACTUALLY, Lee's first name is Derrek, not Derrick.

Gene

Then there's Derek Jeter.

SoxxoS
06-02-2005, 01:42 PM
If these morons would spell their names correctly (:smile:) there wouldn't be so many spelling mistakes on names!

I suppose Derrek is OK, but Jeromy is just ridiculous.

Point is...DON'T PITCH TO DERRICK OR DEREK OR DERREK.

NonetheLoaiza
06-02-2005, 03:15 PM
I couldn't agree more to the original post. I don't understand why this guy is seeing decent pitches. It's like managers think that he is just going through a phase, and his hitting will disappear. It might, but holy cow, do not give him anything good to hit. With that being said, Jhonny Peralta is by the far the worst of the misspelled names.

kittle42
06-02-2005, 03:20 PM
I wasn't aware of any greater tendency on the part of AL pitchers to throw at guys, maybe I just missed it. Look, Derrick Lee is a very good player having a great year and Soxxos's advice should be taken by NL managers. The problem is, to my chagrin, the Dodgers aren't very good. They got off to a great start, but it's been really rough since they decided not to hit again and Yhancy Brazoban decided to be bad, all of which has happened in the last two weeks or so.

Hangar lives with the belief that the AL is far superior in every way to the NL. There is no real proof for any of this.

shoota
06-02-2005, 04:02 PM

That's bad, but what about Chone Figgins? Andruw Jones? Somebody needs to teach their mothers phonetics.

Unregistered
06-02-2005, 04:13 PM
That's bad, but what about Chone Figgins? Andruw Jones? Somebody needs to teach their mothers phonetics.I liked Chone Figgins about 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times better back when I though his name was actually pronounced like it's spelled.

CubsfansareDRUNK
06-02-2005, 04:20 PM
i dont think his first name is really "chone"

SOXSINCE'70
06-02-2005, 04:44 PM
That's bad, but what about Chone Figgins? Andruw Jones? Somebody needs to teach their mothers phonetics.

How do you excuse players like Geoff Blum or Geoff Jenkins??
Another one:Rangers outfielder Laynce Nix.:D: :D:

TheOldRoman
06-02-2005, 04:51 PM
It's Peralta, and you are absolutely correct. The worst part of it is that he WANTS people to pronounce his name that way. "Hi, my name is Jah-honny, nice to meet you." TOOL!

Well, well, well, Jah-HON Redcorn!
Peh-HEH-ggy Hill!

cubhater
06-02-2005, 06:36 PM
If these morons would spell their names correctly (:smile:) there wouldn't be so many spelling mistakes on names!

I suppose Derrek is OK, but Jeromy is just ridiculous.

Point is...DON'T PITCH TO DERRICK OR DEREK OR DERREK.

Or Bo Derek!

ShoelessJoeS
06-02-2005, 06:54 PM
i love how this thread turned into a spelling B

SOXintheBURGH
06-02-2005, 07:00 PM
Montreal CanadiEns? Toronto Maple LeaFs?

As far as the Red Cubs go:

Muellar? Millar? Miller? Guh?

maurice
06-02-2005, 07:04 PM
This thread requires a Shawon Dunston reference . . . and, for the sake of variety, a Isiah Thomas reference to boot.

pearso66
06-02-2005, 07:08 PM
I realize this isn't a baseball name, but Favre? how is that pronounced Farve?

StockdaleForVeep
06-02-2005, 07:15 PM
Hey, sox pitched to lee and we kept him rather quiet

JohnBasedowYoda
06-02-2005, 07:30 PM
i just love being at a bar wen d-lee hits a bomb. go out in public wth a sox hat on and then tell me the next day to my face that the cubs fans don't have words for sox fans

SoxFan76
06-02-2005, 07:37 PM
Montreal CanadiEns? Toronto Maple LeaFs?

As far as the Red Cubs go:

Muellar? Millar? Miller? Guh?

In the early part of the 20th century, when immigrants came to America they modified their names. My mom's grandfather changed his name from Mueller to Miller to Americanize himself and possibly receive less scrutiny from Americans.

Now people don't care. Rodriguez, Polishinski, Tony "The Brick" Shabalabadingdong from the Bronx, it don't matter anymore.

Jjav829
06-02-2005, 07:59 PM
Don't worry, my Pads will take care of Derrek Lee and the Cubs. :thumbsup:

MRKARNO
06-02-2005, 08:05 PM
Don't worry, my Pads will take care of Derrek Lee and the Cubs. :thumbsup:

They're at home for 4 games too, where they are 18-5. I doubt the Cubs will come out of there with better than a split. I could see them dropping 3 of 4 pretty easily.

Chisox003
06-02-2005, 08:15 PM
As long as we're on names, what do you think the best baseball name is....Ive always liked "Trot" Nixon...

Anyway, Cubs stink and theyre hot against 3 very bad teams....Whoopie! Its going to be a massacre in San Diego this weekend, with the Padres taking no less than 3 of 4

Back to names....The Cubs starting SS is "Neifi"....Ha!

PAPChiSox729
06-02-2005, 09:25 PM
Wow. I forgot that this thread was originally about pitching to Derreck Lee. We've come a long ways...
Getting back to the names, has anyone heard the name Khalil before the Padre SS?

Viva Medias B's
06-02-2005, 09:53 PM
Going old school, how about Graig Nettles as a name.

White Sox Josh
06-02-2005, 09:56 PM
come on Padres. It's 2-0 Cubs already.:angry::(::angry:

Hangar18
06-03-2005, 08:50 AM
Hangar lives with the belief that the AL is far superior in every way to the NL. There is no real proof for any of this.

I watched some of that Padre game last nite. All I hear was how good they are, how good their pitching is, and how theyre unbeatable at home. all bs.
The Pads didnt play a good game all the way around, and amazingly, they continue to give Derrek Lee stuff to hit. Is the NL that dumb? in the AL,
he would be brushed back ........ he wouldnt be having an easy go of it, this I can assure you. Lee gets a bunch of hits off a guy named Stouffer?

fquaye149
06-03-2005, 09:00 AM
I realize this isn't a baseball name, but Favre? how is that pronounced Farve?

it's french. like the city havre

Hangar18
06-03-2005, 09:00 AM

Roger Clemens "retires" from the Yankees. He hadnt had a stellar couple of years, esp his last year. He comes out of retirement and goes 10-0 and DOMINATES in the NL. Did he suddenly get "Good"? or is it just inferior NL hitting?

SoxxoS
06-03-2005, 11:22 AM
Roger Clemens "retires" from the Yankees. He hadnt had a stellar couple of years, esp his last year. He comes out of retirement and goes 10-0 and DOMINATES in the NL. Did he suddenly get "Good"? or is it just inferior NL hitting?

More that the NL not used to him. The AL saw him for about 30 years before he switched leagues.