PDA

View Full Version : Lineup Shuffling For Next Week

RKMeibalane
06-01-2005, 11:51 PM
Next week will be Ozzie's most challenging since he became manager, as he will have to find playing time for four players (Jermaine Dye, Carl Everett, Paul Konerko, Frank Thomas), with only two spots availible in the lineup. We do not know for sure if Frank can play 1B. He says that he can, but no official word has been given. He may be held out of each game, save for pinch-hitting duties.

There is also Gload's return to think about. He has played well on his rehab assignment, and many want to see him get more playing time at 1B. That would mean Konerko, who leads the team in homers and runs batted in, would have to sit.

Everett and Dye can each play RF. Everett can also play LF if Pods rests. Ozzie could conceivably play both at one time by moving Pods to center and resting Rowand, or by just giving Pods time off.

And so, the game begins. What will Ozzie do?

MRKARNO
06-01-2005, 11:52 PM

Have the hitters draw straws to see who sits

RKMeibalane
06-01-2005, 11:55 PM
Have the hitters draw straws to see who sits

He should have a dinosaur bite into Carl's to keep it shorter than the rest. :cool:

TaylorStSox
06-02-2005, 12:25 AM
My guess is that we never see Frank play 1st in a Sox uniform again. Dye has to play. Gload will probably get a getaway start and Carl will probably face a righty or 2.

Unregistered
06-02-2005, 12:39 AM
Ozzie thinks Timo "did well" at first today.

There's your answer. :o:

JRIG
06-02-2005, 06:57 AM
Next week will be Ozzie's most challenging since he became manager, as he will have to find playing time for four players (Jermaine Dye, Carl Everett, Paul Konerko, Frank Thomas), with only two spots availible in the lineup. We do not know for sure if Frank can play 1B. He says that he can, but no official word has been given. He may be held out of each game, save for pinch-hitting duties.

There is also Gload's return to think about. He has played well on his rehab assignment, and many want to see him get more playing time at 1B. That would mean Konerko, who leads the team in homers and runs batted in, would have to sit.

Everett and Dye can each play RF. Everett can also play LF if Pods rests. Ozzie could conceivably play both at one time by moving Pods to center and resting Rowand, or by just giving Pods time off.

Ask Timo where he wants to play.

Go from there.

kevingrt
06-02-2005, 09:30 AM
So many questions that none of us have answers to. The scary thing to is I don't think Ozzie has much of a clue what he is going to do at this moment. We will see, it should be an interesting interleague trip to the West Coast.

Tekijawa
06-02-2005, 10:11 AM
I read somwhere that Frank may go on the DL again for the NL trip... problem solved.

RKMeibalane
06-02-2005, 10:12 AM
I read somwhere that Frank may go on the DL again for the NL trip... problem solved.

No, he won't because he'd have to sit out another week after the NL games. If the Sox put him there, they're idiots.

Madvora
06-02-2005, 10:19 AM
It seems like we have a log jam on the right side of the field. That should open us up to some trade possibilities.
The problem is that none of these guys are hitting far and away better than the others. There isn't one guy that we should definitely keep and there isn't one guy that would bring us much in return.

daveeym
06-02-2005, 10:36 AM
No, he won't because he'd have to sit out another week after the NL games. If the Sox put him there, they're idiots. Damn man get off his jock already. What's an extra week without him going to mean, not much especially if he's hurting, get him as healthy as possible.

fox23
06-02-2005, 10:42 AM
I'm not too sure about this, but I think they can make his DL stint retroactive to Tuesday anyway since he hasn't played in a game since Monday. That would mean he could come off the DL as early as June 16th, which means he would only miss 1 series at home, the rest would all be road trips to NL parks.

No, he won't because he'd have to sit out another week after the NL games. If the Sox put him there, they're idiots.

RKMeibalane
06-02-2005, 10:53 AM
I'm not too sure about this, but I think they can make his DL stint retroactive to Tuesday anyway since he hasn't played in a game since Monday. That would mean he could come off the DL as early as June 16th, which means he would only miss 1 series at home, the rest would all be road trips to NL parks.

He played yesterday.

fox23
06-02-2005, 12:03 PM
He played yesterday.

Ha, shows what I know when I miss a game...

Ol' No. 2
06-02-2005, 12:09 PM
No, he won't because he'd have to sit out another week after the NL games. If the Sox put him there, they're idiots.Frank is NOT going on the DL. Even as a PH he has the ability to change the game. Did you see Rodriguez peeing his pants facing Thomas last night? How many players can you think of that a team would pitch around with the bases loaded in the ninth inning?

jdm2662
06-02-2005, 12:13 PM
Do what I always do with friends when making a decision, rocks/papers/scissors...
________
Alaska dispensaries (http://alaska.dispensaries.org/)

RKMeibalane
06-02-2005, 02:05 PM
Frank is NOT going on the DL. Even as a PH he has the ability to change the game. Did you see Rodriguez peeing his pants facing Thomas last night? How many players can you think of that a team would pitch around with the bases loaded in the ninth inning?

I agree completely. Fortunately, Frank said last night that he feels fine. I think this was nothing more than the media trying to start crap again.

DumpJerry
06-02-2005, 03:45 PM
Frank is NOT going on the DL. Even as a PH he has the ability to change the game. Did you see Rodriguez peeing his pants facing Thomas last night? How many players can you think of that a team would pitch around with the bases loaded in the ninth inning?
That was great to see. I loved it. BTW, we're on this thread talking about where Perez will play next week. Who says he will be with us next week? Gload might replace him.