PDA

View Full Version : WSI Gets Mentioned in Tribune

havelj
06-01-2005, 10:39 PM
Fred Mitchell's column in Thursday's paper about Jimmy Piersall's interview:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-050601mitchell,1,2457315.column?coll=cs-home-utility

Daver
06-01-2005, 10:48 PM
The Trib should stop referring to us, according to Scott Reifert from the Sox PR dept. we are not a viable media source, and therefore not eligible for a press credential.

DrCrawdad
06-01-2005, 11:46 PM
Fred Mitchell's column in Thursday's paper about Jimmy Piersall's interview:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-050601mitchell,1,2457315.column?coll=cs-home-utility

Former big-league outfielder and White Sox color analyst Jimmy Piersall hasn't lost any of his zing at 75.

During an extensive on-line interview on whitesoxinteractive.com, Piersall disparaged late White Sox owner Bill Veeck, former Sox manager Tony La Russa and current club Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf.

Kudos to Lip and this awesome site!!!

skobabe8
06-02-2005, 12:09 AM
The Trib should stop referring to us, according to Scott Reifert from the Sox PR dept. we are not a viable media source, and therefore not eligible for a press credential.

Even though we are more reliable and credible than most of the media????

TDog
06-02-2005, 01:19 AM

I don't think any exclusively online media source gets press credentials.

Judging from DrCrawdad's quote, I have to question the Tribune, though. "On-line" interview? According to the AP Stylebook, which most newspapers follow because it would be a monumental hassle to edit all the wire copy to match your own unique style, "online" is one word in all uses when referring to a computer connection.

DrCrawdad
06-02-2005, 01:25 AM
I don't think any exclusively online media source gets press credentials.

Judging from DrCrawdad's quote, I have to question the Tribune, though. "On-line" interview? According to the AP Stylebook, which most newspapers follow because it would be a monumental hassle to edit all the wire copy to match your own unique style, "online" is one word in all uses when referring to a computer connection.

The column ends with this...

Mark Liptak's entire interview can be read on the Web site.

kevingrt
06-02-2005, 08:31 AM
Even though we are more reliable and credible than most of the media????

Considering the baseball beat reporter on the Sox radio station ESPN 1000... He's a great guy too

Hangar18
06-02-2005, 08:44 AM

This is a site that is WAY MORE CREDIBLE than some of the "news" sources
here in Chicago. If it takes other city newspapers to report on news here in Chicago should tell you something. And dont think media types arent here
"lurking", because they are. Esp a certain fan of the other team from FOX news :cool: (Cheers mate)

Clembasbal
06-02-2005, 09:01 AM
Former big-league outfielder and White Sox color analyst Jimmy Piersall hasn't lost any of his zing at 75. During an extensive on-line interview on whitesoxinteractive.com (../rwas/index.php?category=11&id=2852), Piersall disparaged late White Sox owner Bill Veeck, former Sox manager Tony La Russa and current club Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf. On La Russa: "La Russa acts real tough, but he isn't. All I can say is Tony's real lucky he has had great players in Oakland and St. Louis because he is a terrible manager." Regarding Reinsdorf, who had Piersall fired as a broadcaster following several controversial comments: "If I saw Reinsdorf in an alley, I'd punch him right in the head." (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-050601mitchell,1,3353049,print.column?coll=cs-home-utility)

We also got mentioned on www.Benmaller.com

That is national baby!

patbooyah
06-02-2005, 09:05 AM
i was wondering why there were over 200 guests on the boards.

DumpJerry
06-02-2005, 10:31 AM
i was wondering why there were over 200 guests on the boards.
Perhaps a huge jump in membership today? Get the application forms ready!

Mickster
06-02-2005, 10:34 AM
Perhaps a huge jump in membership today? Get the application forms ready!

Let's make them all write essays. :redneck

DumpJerry
06-02-2005, 10:37 AM
Let's make them all write essays. :redneck
At a minimum, we should hold classes on proper posting techniques (use of the spell check, no trolling, use of teal and deep pink, and nothing positive about the Blue Corporation, etc..).