PDA

View Full Version : The left side.

Brian1978
06-01-2005, 10:41 PM
What is Kenny going to do to improve the left side of the infield? I mentioned in Feb. that Uribe is no major league shortstop. He has flair and makes some nice plays. However, in addition to his complete loss of confidence at the plate: he almost injured Rowand and Podsednik when he went out to try and make a play in the outfield.

A 12 year old knows you defer to the player coming in because he has had the best look of the ball since it left the bat.

I think the Sox can win with Crede because he plays penant-war defense. It will be a war with the Twins, we all know that. Most importantly, I think Kenny knows it too. However, if you notice: THERE IS NO BACK UP PLAYER FOR EITHER SHORT OR THIRD.

I love this team though. I just want to see this years effort win the division and be primed to cause some serious damage in the playoffs. There is something really good happening here. EVEN TONIGHT THEY DID NOT BOW DOWN. THEY DID NOT QUIT. THEY FOUGHT!

Kenny and Jerry realize something special is happening here. I am predicting that they are going to make a move or two in order to patch up any holes necessary. The Yankees are ready to fall, Boston will be tough. However, it is here for the taking.

SABRSox
06-01-2005, 11:02 PM
What is Kenny going to do to improve the left side of the infield? I mentioned in Feb. that Uribe is no major league shortstop. He has flair and makes some nice plays. However, in addition to his complete loss of confidence at the plate: he almost injured Rowand and Podsednik when he went out to try and make a play in the outfield.

A 12 year old knows you defer to the player coming in because he has had the best look of the ball since it left the bat.

He did not almost injure anyone. That was his ball, and when Podsednik called him off, he got out of the way. Exactly what he was supposed to do.

SoxFan76
06-01-2005, 11:04 PM
In regards to your Uribe comment:

"That comment sucks" <--Insert whatever goofy picture you want.

Jurr
06-01-2005, 11:07 PM
In regards to your Uribe comment:

"That comment sucks" <--Insert whatever goofy picture you want.
Yeah...get off Juan. He's a lot better than people give him credit for. He's no Tejada, but he's a HELLUVA bargain for what he does at his price tag.

PicktoCLick72
06-01-2005, 11:09 PM
You really backed up that Uribe comment with some solid info. Uribe has been one of the better fielding shortsops we have had for a while. How does stopping 3 feet in front of someone almost injure them?

Cubbiesuck13
06-01-2005, 11:11 PM
Pablo Ozuna is the back up SS and they played Willie there in ST to prime him for an emergency.

Even Brantley was talking good about Uribe and his cannon he calls an arm.

TheOldRoman
06-01-2005, 11:31 PM
:chickenlittle

:whoflungpoo

:threadsucks
:threadblows:

Ozuna plays SS and 3B. What more do you want? You can't have 2 third basemen or 2 shortstops on the team. There arent enough roster spots. The Sox have a utility man, and he is doing just fine. Crede blows, and he may be replaced, but you lost all respect when you said Uribe isnt a major league shortstop.

samram
06-01-2005, 11:35 PM
He did not almost injure anyone. That was his ball, and when Podsednik called him off, he got out of the way. Exactly what he was supposed to do.

I'm a Uribe fan, but he didn't get out of the way quickly enough. Pods pulled up because he was afraid Uribe was there. Really, I thought ARow should have taken control there.

voodoochile
06-01-2005, 11:36 PM
Uribe and Crede have been the best defensive combination the Sox have had on the left side of the infield probably since I have been a fan. Maybe Ventura/Ozzie, but I don't think so. Certainly they aren't worse...

ATXBMX
06-02-2005, 12:07 AM
I suppose you'd rather have Jose Valentin and his Gold Glove defense instead.

TaylorStSox
06-02-2005, 12:16 AM
I'm a Uribe fan, but he didn't get out of the way quickly enough. Pods pulled up because he was afraid Uribe was there. Really, I thought ARow should have taken control there.

ARow got a bad break on the ball (big surprise) and Uribe was trying to pick him up. Pods called him off and he got out of the way. Uribe did everything right in that situation. If anything, Pods shouldn't have called him off if he didnt have a good idea of where the ball was. Uribe was pretty much camping for it at that point.

Threads dissing Uribe are a complete joke. He's the best fielding SS we've had on this team in a long time. He runs the bases well and his stick isn't bad. He'll still hit .270 with decent power. I'll put a wager on that.

skobabe8
06-02-2005, 01:15 AM
ARow got a bad break on the ball (big surprise) and Uribe was trying to pick him up. Pods called him off and he got out of the way. Uribe did everything right in that situation. If anything, Pods shouldn't have called him off if he didnt have a good idea of where the ball was. Uribe was pretty much camping for it at that point.

Threads dissing Uribe are a complete joke. He's the best fielding SS we've had on this team in a long time. He runs the bases well and his stick isn't bad. He'll still hit .270 with decent power. I'll put a wager on that.

That being said, I was PRAYING he would be pinch hit for tonight in the 9th.

SpammySosa
06-02-2005, 02:24 AM
However, if you notice: THERE IS NO BACK UP PLAYER FOR EITHER SHORT OR THIRD.

How about Timo Perez?

owensmouth
06-02-2005, 02:41 AM
Widger and Dye (interchangable)

shoota
06-02-2005, 03:23 AM

I think the Sox can win with Crede because he plays penant-war defense. It will be a war with the Twins, we all know that. Most importantly, I think Kenny knows it too. However, if you notice: THERE IS NO BACK UP PLAYER FOR EITHER SHORT OR THIRD.

Uribe is a better defensive and offensive player than Crede is. By far.

Funny you should say Crede plays "penant-war defense," which will be needed for the war with the Twins. I guess you don't remember that defensive Crede play IN MINNESOTA in September 2003. IIRC, Luis Rivas broke for third base from second, on a grounder to Crede near the third base bag, with less than two outs. Crede, instead of tagging the lead runner who was running right at him, or even looking him back, threw to first base! That wasn't a pennant-war type play.

Nellie_Fox
06-02-2005, 03:41 AM
Funny you should say Crede plays "penant-war defense," which will be needed for the war with the Twins. I guess you don't remember that defensive Crede play IN MINNESOTA in September 2003. IIRC, Luis Rivas broke for third base from second, on a grounder to Crede near the third base bag, with less than two outs. Crede, instead of tagging the lead runner who was running right at him, or even looking him back, threw to first base! That wasn't a pennant-war type play.I was subjected to being at the Humpdome watching the Twins lay down bunt after bunt down the third base line for hits. And that's on artificial turf. Don't give me "pennant war defense" about Crede. He's just pretty good defensively, and a bust offensively.

ChiSoxBobette
06-02-2005, 07:32 AM

I love this team though. I just want to see this years effort win the division and be primed to cause some serious damage in the playoffs. There is something really good happening here. EVEN TONIGHT THEY DID NOT BOW DOWN. THEY DID NOT QUIT. THEY FOUGHT!

Kenny and Jerry realize something special is happening here. I am predicting that they are going to make a move or two in order to patch up any holes necessary. The Yankees are ready to fall, Boston will be tough. However, it is here for the taking.

I'm not sure you know what you're talking about when it comes to Uribe , sounds like you're just one of those White Sox fans who needs to find something to complain about, also if anyone is going to have to step it up its Crede or I think at the trade deadline or maybe even before he could be gone. Theres one 3rd baseman out there who could help us and he's playing for the Reds - Joe Randa, his stats are better than Joes and hes just as good a fielder.