PDA

View Full Version : Rockies Series

soxfan123
06-01-2005, 09:33 PM
Anyone else excited for the series in Denver? I have never really seen the stadium except for the All-star game a few years back. I would like to see how far these balls go. Also, the Rockies are horrendous this year, even the sCrUBS beat them.

JoseCanseco6969
06-01-2005, 09:40 PM
Anyone else excited for the series in Denver? I have never really seen the stadium except for the All-star game a few years back. I would like to see how far these balls go. Also, the Rockies are horrendous this year, even the sCrUBS beat them.

I wish i was still going to the series but things fell through with buddies of mine. I hear it's a beautiful place to see a game...except the Rockies usually suck.

chisox59
06-01-2005, 10:38 PM
I'll be taking off work and going Tuesday night. I was upset the last time the AL Central played the NL West. The Rockies were the only team the Sox didn't play. I'm looking forward to seeing us in person instead of on WGN. Thank God for MLB radio so I can listen to most of the games here at work.

pmck003
06-02-2005, 12:57 AM
I'm excited, really wish big frank could still play first base though.

skobabe8
06-02-2005, 01:00 AM
Coors Field is wicked awesome!! I loved my trip there this past April. Converted and I are trying to get out there for the big series against the Rockies, but it may be a bit too rich for our blood. For anyone who is planning to go, however, I know you'll have a blast. It should be a sweep!

chisoxmike
06-02-2005, 01:57 AM
You know, I know the Rockies arn't very good. Ok, I'll say it, they suck. But I hope everybody doesn't think the Sox are going to go in there and score 15 runs everynight. Thinking like that will have the Rockies score 16.

StillMissOzzie
06-02-2005, 02:15 AM
I went to one Rockies game at Coors Field a few years ago when we were on our way home from Yellowstone. I even popped for their Club Level-type seats, which were very nice indeed. It's a great place to see a game. Wish I were going again to see the Sox play there.

SMO
:gulp:

TomParrish79
06-02-2005, 03:16 AM
Yeah dont take the Rockies series for granted, they have played St Louis really tough the last couple of games.

SoxFanTillDeath
06-02-2005, 09:41 AM
I have really bad timing. I'm flying into Denver on the 11th for vacation. I wish I could've left earlier but I couldn't get off work any earlier. So close, yet so far!

Sxy Mofo
06-02-2005, 10:15 AM
Yes. I'm excited (for those who haven't paid attention). I have behind-the-sox-dugout seats to all three games.

Coors field is pretty nice, the area around it is decent. A few of the bars my friends and I frequents are right next to it. It's a different ballpark dynamic than many i've seen.

If anyone is going and needs any advice or wants to grab a beer or something, shoot me a pm.

miker
06-02-2005, 01:33 PM
Coors Field is my favorite stadium outside of U.S. Cellular. I liked it much better than Camden Yards...then again, Denver is much more likeable than Baltimore!

Also, even though the Rockies have been the doormat of the NL West for a few years, the Sox are in no position to take anything for granted.

Huisj
06-02-2005, 01:39 PM
I went to two games at Coors field last summer, one against Boston and one against Detroit, and I loved the stadium. From some angles, it really does feel enourmous, partly because the field itself is, and it gives it kind of a unique feel. All aroud, it's a solid nice place to watch a game. After a few innings though, I just always got the feeling that pitchers were just on the edge of getting bombed, especially when soft tossing relievers came into the game.

I cringe at the thought of Takatsu pitching there. :o:

Brian26
06-02-2005, 02:00 PM
I have a feeling Shingo wouldn't have any problem giving up about 9 home runs in an inning at Coors.

miker
06-02-2005, 02:01 PM
After a few innings though, I just always got the feeling that pitchers were just on the edge of getting bombed, especially when soft tossing relievers came into the game.

I cringe at the thought of Takatsu pitching there. :o:

If that happens, maybe the Air Force can get some good high-altitude test data. :smile:

swanson24
06-02-2005, 04:13 PM
On a positive note it would be cool to see Paulie, Crede, Everett and AJ swing the bat in that stadium. I would like to add Frank's name to this list but I don't think he will get many or dor that manner any at bats in a national league park even if it is alaunching pad for home runs.

RockyMtnSoxFan
06-02-2005, 06:59 PM
I bought some of my tickets last night. I have tickets in the second deck right behind home plate for one game, and in left field for another. I have been to half a dozen or so games at Coors. I agree, it is very nice, but I don't have much to compare with, as I've never actually been to Comiskey. :(: I hope to change that this October, however. :D:

Anyway, I reccommend seats in right field if you're looking for something mid-range. You are pretty close to the field there, and you even have a pretty good view of the strike zone.

Sxy Mofo, I am going to try to get some tickets behind the Sox dugout for the third game also. Hopefully I'll see you there.