PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else like me?

mike squires
06-01-2005, 03:13 PM
And have the remote handy so when something good happends you turn it up real loud for Hawk's calls? I remember being up stairs in my Indiana home and turning up the radio real loud when something good happends so my Dad could hear it.

SOXintheBURGH
06-01-2005, 03:16 PM
Absolutely.. I crank the volume just because I have to since I'm excited, then I jump up and down and scream, usually spilling half my bottle of beer in the process. Example: Timo the other day.

mweflen
06-01-2005, 03:17 PM
:kukoo: Sure man, whatever you say :D:

On a related note, anyone notice the audio on comcast royally sucked last night? i don't know if it was just on the HD station, but it kept dropping out of 5.1 into stereo, making my receiver go bananas.:bandance:

TheOldRoman
06-01-2005, 03:22 PM
I do the same thing. Whenever the Sox hit a ball deep I jump out of my seat and put the volume way up. Of course, I yell along with Hawk when he puts it on the board.

mjharrison72
06-01-2005, 03:27 PM
Agreed... there's nothing better than letting the whole neighborhood know when they can PUT IT ON THE BOARD... YES!

Baby Fisk
06-01-2005, 03:32 PM
Suffice it to say, if my neighbours didn't hear the TV in the bottom of the 9th last night, they DEFINITELY heard me yelling along with Hawk and applauding violently.

It's awesome that in homes across the world, people are yelling "YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOOOOOOOARD....YES!" in unison. :bandance:

BaseballTonyght
06-01-2005, 03:36 PM
Absolutely! And since the arrival of Tivo I typically rewind the big play over and over until I've had my fill (e.g. Dye's walk off HR yesterday) - I probably watched that 8 times :D:

Iwritecode
06-01-2005, 03:37 PM
Suffice it to say, if my neighbours didn't hear the TV in the bottom of the 9th last night, they DEFINITELY heard me yelling along with Hawk and applauding violently.

I guess I'm the opposite. I'm pretty sure my neighbors heard me 2 days ago when Damaso walked in the go-ahead run in the top of the 9th... :redface:

mweflen
06-01-2005, 03:44 PM
I guess I'm the opposite. I'm pretty sure my neighbors heard me 2 days ago when Damaso walked in the go-ahead run in the top of the 9th... :redface:

yeah, i generally get louder when there's an atrocious #$%* up, though occasionally I clap and hoot for something good.

SOXSINCE'70
06-01-2005, 03:46 PM
When the Sox are on the road,I turn the sound up when they bat
and I turn the sound down when the opponent comes to the plate
with runners on,2 out in the 9th.I Don't want to hear the opponent
celebrate.That's me.

Sxy Mofo
06-01-2005, 03:54 PM
yeah, i generally get louder when there's an atrocious #$%* up, though occasionally I clap and hoot for something good.

I generally pout for bad things.

mikehuff
06-01-2005, 03:58 PM
I'm definitely louder when bad things happen. I only have one big excitement outburst, and that's when the game is over.
The negative side is me screaming and swearing at every run the opponent scores or hit they get, or walk they get, or even every ball our pitcher throws.

tebman
I do the same thing. Whenever the Sox hit a ball deep I jump out of my seat and put the volume way up. Of course, I yell along with Hawk when he puts it on the board.
Absolutely! Events like Timo's game-winner or Dye's walk-off provoke me to jump out of the chair or run back into the room with the TV and turn up the sound so that I don't miss anything! I also break into my Baseball Dance, which is similar to the Dancin' 'Nana, but with a steady alternate arm-punching motion. I consider it my own personal aerobic workout. :cool:

mike squires
Absolutely! And since the arrival of Tivo I typically rewind the big play over and over until I've had my fill (e.g. Dye's walk off HR yesterday) - I probably watched that 8 times :D:

I'm glad I'm not alone. I went to the game on Memorial day and also taped it. I don't know how many times I've watched the bottom of the 9th especially the Timo hit. I love the shot where it shows the ball coming to the plate and it shows the crowd jumping up and down. Everytime I play it no matter what my daughter (17 months) is doing she stops and watches. She claps her hands when she sees everyone celebrating.

shoota
06-01-2005, 04:03 PM

I'm similar. I get really loud for bonehead plays in critical situations. Like bases loaded walks. *grr*

Iwritecode
06-01-2005, 04:03 PM
Everytime I play it no matter what my daughter (17 months) is doing she stops and watches. She claps her hands when she sees everyone celebrating.

My daughter is 3 and she still does that. She sees the people on TV clapping and she starts clapping and says "Clap your hands daddy!". :smile:

StillMissOzzie
06-01-2005, 06:15 PM
When I saw the title of this thread, I thought you were having a Sally Field moment. You know, the famous "You like me, you really like me!" speech.

Ahem.

Yeah, every once in a while, when my boy decides that GameCube is more important than the game, I'll crank the TV volume on a Hawk HR call to let him know what he's missing.

SMO
:gulp:

skobabe8
06-02-2005, 01:33 AM
I definately get loud. Especially since I live with 2 cub fans, who talk smack to me because the cubs are finally over .500 and gonna catch the cardinals. So I really get noisy when the Sox steal another 9th inning victory!

Mr. White Sox
06-02-2005, 02:19 AM
I'm similar. I get really loud for bonehead plays in critical situations. Like bases loaded walks. *grr*

Yeah, well, I had the interesting situation of watching the Cubs/Sox Marte oopsie last year with 2 friends who are Cubs fans and one other Sox fan. Needless to say, it was very loud in that room, but equally happy-loud and angry-loud