PDA

View Full Version : Raul Mondesi: he gawn!

Baby Fisk
06-01-2005, 03:03 PM
Braves activate Mike Hampton from the DL and designate Mondesi for assignment. He has been hitting .211 with 4HR and 17 RBI this year.

MUsoxfan
06-01-2005, 03:09 PM
Somehow I'm less than surprised. He's the kind of team cancer that would fit in well on the 3600 block of north Clark St.

Sox Blue 69-70
06-01-2005, 04:09 PM
Somehow I'm less than surprised. He's the kind of team cancer that would fit in well on the 3600 block of north Clark St.

Probably would. Even the offense-starved Pirates dropped this guy like a hot rock last year, apparently Schuerholz wasn't able to squeeze blood from a turnip this time around.

doublem23
06-01-2005, 04:15 PM
Probably would. Even the offense-starved Pirates dropped this guy like a hot rock last year, apparently Schuerholz wasn't able to squeeze blood from a turnip this time around.

They didn't drop him, he just said he was going back to the Dominican Republic for the year and refused to play out his deal.

Funny how he ended up on a play-off team, though. :rolleyes:

Sox Blue 69-70
06-01-2005, 04:24 PM
They didn't drop him, he just said he was going back to the Dominican Republic for the year and refused to play out his deal.

Funny how he ended up on a play-off team, though. :rolleyes:

You're right, IIRC it was some sort of mysterious "family emergency" that prompted him to go AWOL, and the Pirates eventually took the opportunity to rid him from their roster. After that, the situation with his family rapidly resolved itself, and he made his way to the Angels where batted a smokin' .118 in eight games.

RKMeibalane
06-01-2005, 06:34 PM
You're right, IIRC it was some sort of mysterious "family emergency" that prompted him to go AWOL, and the Pirates eventually took the opportunity to rid him from their roster. After that, the situation with his family rapidly resolved itself, and he made his way to the Angels where batted a smokin' .118 in eight games.

I think something happened that was money related. IIRC, his assets were frozen by the Dominican Republic.

Stroker Ace
06-01-2005, 06:42 PM
You're right, IIRC it was some sort of mysterious "family emergency" that prompted him to go AWOL, and the Pirates eventually took the opportunity to rid him from their roster. After that, the situation with his family rapidly resolved itself, and he made his way to the Angels where batted a smokin' .118 in eight games.Come on. It was only eight games.

MHOUSE
06-02-2005, 07:24 PM
Apparently if he doesn't get picked up by another team he's going to retire. He goes from having tons of talent and lots of upside to spiralling out of the league as a clubhouse cancer. Nothing is for sure I guess.

Hendu
06-02-2005, 07:52 PM
Good riddance to him. The move that he pulled with the Pirates last year was totally clasless.