PDA

View Full Version : Pods on the Hotlist Today (ESPNEWS 6/1)

Rocklive99
06-01-2005, 02:43 PM
The lower right hand corner of ESPNEWS said that Pods was coming up on the Hotlist at 2 (it has now switched to an ad), but it will probably be after 2 since that is right when the show starts

gf2020
06-01-2005, 03:03 PM
FYI, Bottom right hand corner of ESPN News is teasing a Scott Podsenik interview. ESPN is simulcasting currently, so it might be on that channel too.

:Sigh. Delete or merge this. Damn you Cygarland!:

Rocklive99
06-01-2005, 03:04 PM
For those who don't get ESPNEWS, it's also being shown on ESPN today

Currently the interview is being slated as "Ahead"

mjharrison72
06-01-2005, 03:06 PM
Let those of us who have JOBS know what is discussed!

Thanks!

CYGarland20
06-01-2005, 03:21 PM
He says 90% of Chicago are Cruds fans :?: I don't think so :o: Other than that, not much we haven't already heard before :(:

gf2020
06-01-2005, 03:21 PM
Talked about his long stint in minor leagues: "Long nine year haul" Pods blames it on freak injuries and needing time to learn abilities.

On his call-up: "Exciting." He didn't consider himself a rookie. Thanks Doug Melvin.

His .70 point drop in BA: He put too much pressure on himself.

Team switch: Hasn't spent more than two years with a team in quite a while.

On Trade: Helped both teams.

On Ozzie: Passionate and Energetic. You know what you are going to get. Keeps people on same pages. Won't go behind your back. He hasn't changed since he was a player.

Secret to stealing bases: Blessed with the ability to run. He's worked on it with Dave Nelson in Milwaukee for two years. Tim Raines has helped. Got in a groove last year. Can't be scared to get thrown out.

Frank Thomas' return: His attitude has been impeccable so far. He wants to do everything for this club to win. He knows his role. He's trying to gel. He wants to win ball games and a ring.

How to steal fans from Cubs: From what they've told him, 90% of chicago is cub fans. Doesn't worry about. He says they'll come if they keep winning.

Difference in playing for contender: It's exciting. It's a bigger market. Trying to win right now is great. "Having tons of fun."

It seemed like he knew his interviewer from way back. Good interview.

Rocklive99
06-01-2005, 03:22 PM
(I was trying to type fast so the whole thing is in incomplete sentences)

Pods was in the minors for 9 years, had some freak injuries

Thankful for oppurtunity in Mil
Losing #s on average last year probably some adding pressure on himself

Great group of guys here, was originally shocked when the trade happened.

He loves Ozzie. Fun to play for, energetic, passionate, you know what he's going to get. Credits him for keeping everyone together while having a diverse group of guys

Blessed with the ability to run/steal bases. He's been working on it in Milwaukee, and now it's helpful to work with Raines. Stealing bases is like hitting, you get in a groove, need confidence.

Positive stuff on Frank's attitude, he wants to win, he knows there's a good thing going

Came in being told that 90% of Chicago are Flub fans, doesn't really know what to do to get fans, just win.

Exciting being in a bigger market, trying to win right away, different from Milwaukee.

Having tons of fun, usual stuff

koch44
06-01-2005, 03:22 PM
He says 90% of Chicago are Cruds fans :?:

He said that he was told that by other people.

Erik The Red
06-01-2005, 03:23 PM
Nice!

CYGarland20
06-01-2005, 03:24 PM
He said that he was told that by other people. I wonder who :?:

TheOldRoman
06-01-2005, 03:28 PM
How to steal fans from Cubs: From what they've told him, 90% of chicago is cub fans. Doesn't worry about. He says they'll come if they keep winning.
By THEY he means the Chicago media. I remember he was on MJH on the day the Sox traded for him or soon thereafter. That fat piece of crap Harry was telling him how its a Cubs town and nobody comes to games, and I think he mentioned Ligue a few times. Nice first image of Chicago, huh?

Every mediot he has talked to since the start of spring training has probably started the convo by talking about how 90% of Chicago loves the Cubs and there are no real Sox fans and stuff like that. Then they ask him "How do you pull fans away from the beloved Cubbies? They're so adorable!"

Rocklive99
06-01-2005, 04:21 PM
Now Joe Shehan (sp?) is on saying our key is that we have the best defense in baseball. Offense may struggle, and the pitching may not be dominant, but it lets the opposing team put the ball in play and defense is key. Related us to the 03 Marlins, to which Kenny replied with "a one year wonder" :mad:

CYGarland20
06-01-2005, 04:37 PM
Now Joe Shehan (sp?) is on saying our key is that we have the best defense in baseball. Offense may struggle, and the pitching may not be dominant, but it lets the opposing team put the ball in play and defense is key. Related us to the 03 Marlins, to which Kenny replied with "a one year wonder" :mad: I would give anything to see this team win the WS, if that means us being " 1 year wonders", so be it :cool:

Corlose 15
06-01-2005, 05:27 PM
I would give anything to see this team win the WS, if that means us being " 1 year wonders", so be it :cool:

Exactly, if the Sox win the Series this year it'd be fine. By the way, ESPN is seriously pissing me off now. To quote family guy:

"I believe I speak for everyone when I say ESPN and everyone from there can fornicate themselves on an iron stick."

except for maybe Dave Revsine :smile: