PDA

View Full Version : Frank in line up tonight?

mike squires
06-01-2005, 01:43 PM
Anyone know if Frank will be in the line up tonight. I'm thinking yes, 6:05 start, sun setting, Franks going yard. I can just feel it.

tacosalbarojas
06-01-2005, 01:44 PM
Anyone know if Frank will be in the line up tonight. I'm thinking yes, 6:05 start, sun setting, Franks going yard. I can just feel it.Last I heard it was still questionable as to whether he would be in tonight or on Friday.

RKMeibalane
06-01-2005, 01:44 PM
Anyone know if Frank will be in the line up tonight. I'm thinking yes, 6:05 start, sun setting, Franks going yard. I can just feel it.

No way to know at this point. I could see Ozzie holding Frank out until Friday, but I could also see him being used because he has better numbers against Byrd than Everett does.

Flight #24
06-01-2005, 01:47 PM
I could also see him being used because he has better numbers against Byrd than Everett does.

If that's the criteria, I'm going to go out on a limb and say Frank will play every day, except against rookies. Because there aren't many pitchers that Frank doesn't hit better than pretty much anyone else on the team (or on most teams).

mikehuff
06-01-2005, 01:48 PM
I say no chance. We have an off day tomorrow. You would think that Ozzie would want to give him two extra days off and then have him go against Cleveland on Friday.

mjharrison72
06-01-2005, 01:54 PM
I say no chance. We have an off day tomorrow. You would think that Ozzie would want to give him two extra days off and then have him go against Cleveland on Friday.
See, and I would guess that Ozzie would be more apt to play Frank today, knowing there's a day off tomorrow.

Unregistered
06-01-2005, 01:57 PM
I seem to remember Ozzie saying that he's in no hurry to rush Frank back into the lineup after the hip injury on Monday. Something about how he'd rather him take it easy than having to have him rush and end up back on the DL.

In short, I wouldn't bet on it - but maybe we'll see him pinch hit. :cool:

Sad
06-01-2005, 02:08 PM

doubt we'll see him until the Cleveland series...

BaseballTonyght
06-01-2005, 02:10 PM

Agree completely. I'd be surprised if he was in the lineup tonight, unfortunately :(:

It was great seeing 35 back in the box.

nebraskasox
06-01-2005, 02:11 PM
Ozzie was quoted as saying that Frank had to be 100% before he would play again. So, I'd be surprised to see him tonight.

mccombe_35
06-01-2005, 02:42 PM
From what I've read Frank will again be available to pinch hit tonight, but won't start again until the weekend.

chisoxfanatic
06-01-2005, 05:46 PM
WSCR reported that Frank might be going back to Charlotte again in the near future...

balke
06-01-2005, 05:50 PM
WSCR reported that Frank might be going back to Charlotte again in the near future...

I want Frank here, and support him as much as anyone, but this would be the best move for a while. Maybe they can work something out so Thomas can take days off from AAA, but until after interleague, he might clog our roster a bit too much.

RKMeibalane
06-01-2005, 05:54 PM

If that's the case, why did they bring him up in the first place? This is starting to get old.