View Full Version : Hermanson Article

Spicoli
06-01-2005, 01:02 PM
Link to article on Hermanson:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=rogers_phil&id=2072998

Spicoli
06-01-2005, 01:07 PM
Great quote from Williams:

"Oh, he likes it,'' Williams said of the role. "His mentality is perfect for the eighth and ninth inning ... Look at his facial hair. Is that the hair of a closer or what? It's not the hair of a starter.''

MUScholar21
06-01-2005, 01:17 PM
I was about to post this before you beat me to it. This can't be the same Phil Rogers in the Chicago Tribune.

Never would have expected this from the same guy who has done nothing but write Cubs articles since 1994.

nebraskasox
06-01-2005, 02:13 PM
Good article. Sounds like the perfect guy for this team with his blue collar work ethic and team first attitude. And you gotta love the results so far.

I hope he's OK since we haven't seen him for a while. I"d like to see him in there tonight in a save opportunity.

Frater Perdurabo
06-01-2005, 02:21 PM
Good article. Sounds like the perfect guy for this team with his blue collar work ethic and team first attitude. And you gotta love the results so far.

I hope he's OK since we haven't seen him for a while. I"d like to see him in there tonight in a save opportunity.

Ozzie has been keeping him out of games when the Sox play teams they plan to beat in the playoffs because he doesn't want their batters to get to know Hermy's repertoire....

:redneck

maurice
06-01-2005, 02:39 PM
Never would have expected this from the same guy who has done nothing but write Cubs articles since 1994.

He also likes to kiss Magglio's ass and perpetuate lies about KW every once in awhile.
:angry:

chaerulez
06-01-2005, 03:00 PM
I was about to post this before you beat me to it. This can't be the same Phil Rogers in the Chicago Tribune.

Rogers does cover the Cubs more, but I don't think he has a Cubs bias. This is the same guy that caused a stir a few years back when he picked the all city team and all the position players were White Sox players except for 3B... which went to Eric Heniske as a joke.