PDA

View Full Version : June 5th Kids Day Questions

Pulaski
06-01-2005, 08:34 AM
I plan on taking my nieces and nephews to Kid's Day this Sunday (6/5/05). I have some questions that the White Sox web site does not provide the answers. I think the web site should be a little more informative. Has anyone gone to a Kids Day and has some insight?

Questions

What time does the box office open on Sunday to purchase the tickets (it appears you must buy the tickets the day of the game)?

What tickets can you purchase for $1?

What time do the gates open?

What gate should we enter?

Where do you line up to get autographs?

Where do you line up to run the bases?

Is there any other information you can provide?

Here is the information on the site.

KIDS DAYS

Kids take center stage on select Sunday home games at U.S. Cellular Field. Kids Days offer fans ages 13 and under $1 tickets purchased at the ticket windows on the day of the game. Plus, kids can collect autographs pregame from 12:45 to 1:15 and run the bases after the game, weather permitting. Kids Days games begin at 2:05 on the following dates:

Ol' No. 2
06-01-2005, 10:33 AM
What time does the box office open on Sunday to purchase the tickets (it appears you must buy the tickets the day of the game)? 9am

What tickets can you purchase for $1? Any ticket. You get one kid's ticket for $1 for every adult ticket purchased at regular prices.

What time do the gates open? 90 min before game time. Lines start forming even earlier. The parking lots open 2 hr before game time.

What gate should we enter? Any of them are OK.

Where do you line up to get autographs? In the aisles. Players are spread out on the field next to the stands, with different players stationed at different aisles. There's a listing of who's where on the scoreboard. Line up for your choice at the appropriate aisle. The most popular players will be at the sections nearer home plate. Their lines get long fast so if you want one of them you'd better RUN to get in line as soon as possible.

Where do you line up to run the bases? They start lining up about the 8th inning. The line starts around section 128.

kevingrt
06-01-2005, 10:36 AM
This is the best site to ansswer any White Sox questions. :D:

Pulaski
06-01-2005, 10:54 AM
What time does the box office open on Sunday to purchase the tickets (it appears you must buy the tickets the day of the game)? 9am

What tickets can you purchase for $1? Any ticket. You get one kid's ticket for $1 for every adult ticket purchased at regular prices.

What time do the gates open? 90 min before game time. Lines start forming even earlier. The parking lots open 2 hr before game time.

What gate should we enter? Any of them are OK.

Where do you line up to get autographs? In the aisles. Players are spread out on the field next to the stands, with different players stationed at different aisles. There's a listing of who's where on the scoreboard. Line up for your choice at the appropriate aisle. The most popular players will be at the sections nearer home plate. Their lines get long fast so if you want one of them you'd better RUN to get in line as soon as possible.

Where do you line up to run the bases? They start lining up about the 8th inning. The line starts around section 128.

I appreciate the quick feedback! I posed these questions to my last two ticket reps and I have not heard back as of yet; however, WSI posters always come through in the clutch.

cubhater
06-01-2005, 12:27 PM

Get in line REAL EARLY so the kids have better chances to get autographs and if there's any promotional items! Kids' Days have the longest lines to get into the stadium, usually a few hundred hundred deep by the time the gates open.

Pulaski
06-01-2005, 12:33 PM
Get in line REAL EARLY so the kids have better chances to get autographs and if there's any promotional items! Kids' Days have the longest lines to get into the stadium, usually a few hundred hundred deep by the time the gates open.

Thanks for the information. I plan to drive to the park in the morning (right when the box office opens) to buy my tickets and then return early enough to get in line for the littel rug rats!

How early would you recommend I get in line?

Ol' No. 2
06-01-2005, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the information. I plan to drive to the park in the morning (right when the box office opens) to buy my tickets and then return early enough to get in line for the littel rug rats!

How early would you recommend I get in line?We usually get there when the parking lot opens 2 hr before the game. By then there are a few dozen people in line outside the gate, but we've never had a problem getting in line for the player of our choice.

Pulaski
06-01-2005, 12:40 PM
We usually get there when the parking lot opens 2 hr before the game. By then there are a few dozen people in line outside the gate, but we've never had a problem getting in line for the player of our choice.

Thanks for the information! The last time my nieces and nephews were there for Kids day they didn't get to partake. My sister read the White Sox web site and never dug in. The web site is very vague.

I LOVE WSI!

cubhater
06-01-2005, 12:58 PM
How early would you recommend I get in line?

I get there just before the gates open (90 minutes before first pitch) and it's packed. It shouldn't be that bad if you get there at least 30 minutes earlier.

bafiarocks03
06-01-2005, 01:00 PM
dont' go to the willie harris line...lol cuz it will probly be short, unless he's with Paul Konerko or something, last time he was with Pablo Ozuna, so i can keep getting back in line!...:D:

Pulaski
06-03-2005, 08:49 AM
Here is the response from my old ticket rep on the Kids Day. I hope the weather holds and it is a big crowd. My nieces and nephew will love it!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I apologize that the web site does not provide more information. I have mentioned to my manager that we should add some more information to the web site to make it more beneficial to our fans.

Kids' tickets can be purchased at the Box Office for $1 on the day of the game as long as an adult has purchased a regular priced ticket. The Box Office opens at 9am on Sunday mornings. You can purchase $1 tickets in the Lower Box, Lower Reserved, Bleachers, Upper Box, or Upper Reserved (based on availability).

The gates to the ballpark open at 12:35pm (an hour and a half before game time). You can enter at Gates 2, 3, or 5.

Generally, the players sign autographs from approximately 12:45pm until 1:15pm. The players are located at the bottom of the Lower Box sections on the field. At the top of each section, there will be a piece of paper that states which player is signing at that section. The players usually sign at different sections for each Kids Day.

Kids can line up around Sections 120-121 to run the bases after the games. Sometimes, kids start lining up as early as the 7th inning.

I hope this e-mail answers your questions. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Joe
--------------------------------------------------------------