PDA

View Full Version : What move?

ondafarm
06-01-2005, 09:02 AM
What roster move will the White Sox do before Friday's game when El Duque (Orlando Hernandez) is scheduled to start? He is currently on the DL.

fledgedrallycap
06-01-2005, 09:03 AM
It has to be Walker...

The question is, what to do when Gload comes back within the next few weeks.

ondafarm
06-01-2005, 09:43 AM
I'd rather see Cotts go down. He was a left handed starter and could become one again if given time at AAA. The Sox will need another lefty starter next year or later.

34 Inch Stick
06-01-2005, 09:58 AM
I believe that all current starters are signed through next year. Cotts has done a nice job out of the pen and I like his future as a solid long reliever.

Ol' No. 2
06-01-2005, 10:00 AM
If the question is what WILL they do, my money is on Walker. If the question is what SHOULD they do, I'd send down Vizcaino. Either way, it has to be a pitcher. There's no way they can justify carrying 12 going into NL parks.

ChicagoHoosier
06-01-2005, 10:15 AM
Walker now. Timo when Gload is ready.

BaseballTonyght
06-01-2005, 10:22 AM
Walker now. Timo when Gload is ready.

That would make the most sense.

He gone
06-01-2005, 10:26 AM
Walker's a No-brainer, but I know Ozzie is going to try to keep an extra pitcher around for when we play in the National Leauge parks.

Neal Cotts pitched well last night and I don't think he's going anywhere.

http://img258.echo.cx/img258/53/neal3hd.jpg

ondafarm
06-01-2005, 10:43 AM
If the question is what WILL they do, my money is on Walker. If the question is what SHOULD they do, I'd send down Vizcaino. Either way, it has to be a pitcher. There's no way they can justify carrying 12 going into NL parks.

I don't think they can send Vizcaino down. Both out of options and too much experience. If they dropped a pitcher now, Walker is probably first. They might drop Shingo down, with how little they are using him.

mweflen
06-01-2005, 11:10 AM
i agree with ON2 - Vizcaino should go based on performance. But contracts will likely keep him up. I just hope we never see him again with less than a 4 run swing either way.

crazyozzie02
06-01-2005, 11:38 AM
After the past couple of games, why not send Marte down until he can learn how to pitch again

balke
06-01-2005, 11:38 AM
Konerko and Walker get sent down for Gload and El Duque.

I keed I keed.

I wouldn't mind seeing Gload up for a while. It would be a tough thing for Ozzie to send Timo down after that big hit. I think Gload is much more valuable though, and I wanna see if his hitting can carry over to the White Sox in pinch hit situations, relief and such. Walker for El Duque seems like a no-brainer.

kevingrt
06-01-2005, 11:41 AM
I can't imagine them keeping Walker up. He's only pitched in what two games or something. He just hasn't been that important to our team. And plus our bullpen hasn't really been used that much. Recently a little bit more, but they shouldn't be tired at all. I see no need for a six man bullpen

Kuzman
06-01-2005, 11:42 AM
it'll be walker for el duque, and ozuna for gload.. ozuna has been great for us, but i dont see them sending timo down with that clutch hit he had on memorial day.

Ol' No. 2
06-01-2005, 11:46 AM
I don't think they can send Vizcaino down. Both out of options and too much experience. If they dropped a pitcher now, Walker is probably first. They might drop Shingo down, with how little they are using him.Do you know for sure Vizcaino is out of options? He pitched in 1 game in 1999 - probably a Sept callup. 12 games in 2000 - one option year. 36 appearances in 2001 - maybe another option year. 70+ appearances in 2002-2004 - probably no options used up then.

balke
06-01-2005, 11:51 AM
it'll be walker for el duque, and ozuna for gload.. ozuna has been great for us, but i dont see them sending timo down with that clutch hit he had on memorial day.

I hope Oz can see through it. I was trying to explain the other day to someone why Timo was brought in to pinch hit for Frank the other day. I was like... "Well he can't hit, he can't run, he has little range in the field. I guess they brought him in to pinch hit at the DH spot because he has a strong arm?"

Timo has been clutch in many games, and seems to be a guy on a different pace than our other hitters. If noone else can hit, Timo can "grind" his way on base I guess... (I can't believe I said grind, ugh). But Gload is obviously the better hitter, and probably has more speed. I'd much rather have Ozuna than Timo, because he plays multiple positions, has hit decently, and has a lot of speed. Tough call for Ozzie.

SoxFanTillDeath
06-01-2005, 12:00 PM
I don't think Ozuna will be sent down, not with our lack of infield depth. We have three solid starters in the outfield with Crazy Carl and Timo as our back up outfielders, and Harris and Ozuna are our backup infielders. Ozuna is valuable because he can play 2nd, SS, or 3B.

Timo has to go because we are going to struggle to find time to play Carl let alone Timo. When Gload comes back he can play outfield if necessary along with 1B.

How quickly we forget the game with Widger at 3rd and Crede at SS (and eventually Dye at SS)...we have to have the infield depth!

PorkChopExpress
06-01-2005, 12:03 PM
Walker goes down for El Duque, but for Gload is another story. Besides Vizcaino, I think Timo is out of options as well. Timo may not be a great player, but I'm not sure the Sox are just willing to let him go, because someone will pick him up **cough**cubs**cough**.

He gone
06-01-2005, 12:18 PM
Yeah, Timo is out of options :mad:

seanpmurphy
06-01-2005, 12:52 PM
Konerko and Walker get sent down for Gload and El Duque.

If it means seeing less inning ending double plays by Konerko, go for it!! :D:

Infield depth is a must. I hope Ozzie the Genius shows up when he has to make all of these moves. It'll be nice to see Gload back so Konerko can get some much needed "timeout" so he can ask himself why he feels the need to ground out so much. I also like the name, Gload.

DaleJRFan
06-01-2005, 01:01 PM
I'd rather see Cotts go down. He was a left handed starter and could become one again if given time at AAA. The Sox will need another lefty starter next year or later.

Huh?

Have you seen Cotts throw lately? He's been stellar! Keep him here! :)

balke
06-01-2005, 01:37 PM
Wow... Timo's out of options? That makes me think something may happen with Frank (DL, or sent back for a couple weeks til interleague is over?), or we just won't be seeing Gload soon. Ozuna is very valuable in the infield, I can't see us sending him back down. He's also a good pinch runner when we need it. It'll be interesting to see what happens

ondafarm
06-01-2005, 02:16 PM
Huh?

Have you seen Cotts throw lately? He's been stellar! Keep him here! :)

I saw him pitch last night. That's his first work in awhile. Why he got lifted for Damaso "Blown Save" Marte I don't have a clue.

Cotts was a starter in the minors. He'll be more valuable to the team in two years if he's a starter again than if he hangs around and pitches once in a blue moon.

No problems with Cotts' performance, just keeping an eye out for the future.

chisoxfanatic
06-01-2005, 02:24 PM
Walker hasn't even made a dent here this season, so he should be the first to go...

chisoxfanatic
06-01-2005, 02:26 PM
Ozuna is very valuable in the infield, I can't see us sending him back down. He's also a good pinch runner when we need it. It'll be interesting to see what happens

And Ozuna is a valuable assed in the outfield as well...He's able to come up in the clutch. Ozuna is by far our best bench player.

ondafarm
06-01-2005, 06:19 PM
Walker hasn't even made a dent here this season, so he should be the first to go...

He's pitched as much as Cotts has in the same time. I'd rather see Cotts develop into a good lefty starter for two years from now.

ondafarm
06-01-2005, 11:02 PM
Ok, I guess its Walker. I wonder if KW and Ozzie cast their votes?

bludupree
06-01-2005, 11:18 PM
I believe they already annonced that Walker was optioned on the post-game show.

Rocklive99
06-01-2005, 11:37 PM
I think I read somewhere that if Walker goes back down that he automatically goes on waivers? Can anyone confirm, or am I thinking of someone else

ondafarm
06-02-2005, 08:53 AM
I think I read somewhere that if Walker goes back down that he automatically goes on waivers? Can anyone confirm, or am I thinking of someone else

According to this website: http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050601&content_id=1071502&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Ozuna would have to clear waivers, not Walker.