PDA

View Full Version : Other Teams' Message Boards/Blogs (yeah, it's about the Chubs of course)

elrod
06-01-2005, 07:36 AM
As a fan of now three Major League Teams - the White Sox, Mets and Nationals - I have lots of reading to check up on every day. I like to read some of the more creative baseball bloggers as much as I like to peruse the message board sites like this one. But if you want to read what is quite possibly the most creative, hilarious and sharp baseball blog, I would suggest you check out this Nationals blog called BallWonk.
http://www.ball-wonk.com/
Every day the guy posts something amazing. Check out his "Memorial Day" post from yesterday. Brilliant. Note that he is from Minnesota and has made the reverse transfer from being a Twins fan to a Nats fan (remember, the original Senators became the Twins after racist owner Calvin Griffith sought a whiter audience in the Upper Midwest). I've never seen him call himself a Twins fan anymore so his dark days may truly be in the past. Anyway, it's a great read.

Post some other great baseball sites, blogs, informative message boards about other teams here.

Kuzman
06-01-2005, 09:00 AM
i usually take a look at northsidebaseball.com to check in what the cubbie fans have to say about us. I liked how after we took the series against them, the only thing they had to say was how great the SWEEP ON JULY 4TH was. Poor flubbie fans.

Hangar18
06-01-2005, 09:17 AM
i usually take a look at northsidebaseball.com to check in what the cubbie fans have to say about us. I liked how after we took the series against them, the only thing they had to say was how great the SWEEP ON JULY 4TH was. Poor flubbie fans.

This is something that was said last nite, absolutely true. "Boo Sox"
are you a cub fan? "hell yes, go cubbies!" "Why would you root for a 3rd place team?" "You guys havnt been to the playoffs in years" "we were there in 2000, what are you talking about?" "No you werent, we were the last team in the playoffs, last year" "No you werent, you didnt make the playoffs last year" "Yes we did, bartman interfered with the ball"
"that was 2 yrs ago ........... I know the press hype was OUTRAGEOUS, but no playoffs for cubs last year" "oh, my bad".

SOXintheBURGH
06-01-2005, 09:42 AM
Don't forget about super Twins fan BatGirl! I actually really like this Gnats blog, pretty entertaining.

http://www.ball-wonk.com/archives/majewski-lineup.jpg

A Majewski inning is a thing of beauty, in a primal and cruel sort of way. Like watching canny wolves take down an innocent baby moose on Wild Kingdom.

Here's how it went on Tuesday:

Strikeout swinging.

Walk.
Strikeout looking.
Groundout to short.

At which point the assassin shouted, "Sic semper Atlanta!" and jumped over the fence into the dugout.

LOL...

Uncle_Patrick
06-01-2005, 09:47 AM

I look at nsbb occassionally for the same reason, but they don't talk about the White Sox too much. A few guys from there actually lurk here (as a bunch of people here lurk over there). Their "Rant" board had a couple of funny threads about hating the White Sox and hating losing to the White Sox.

elrod
06-01-2005, 11:43 AM
I actually really like this Gnats blog, pretty entertaining.
LOL...

Precisely. He rarely disappoints. And note Majewski is an old White Sox farmhand!

Sox Blue 69-70
06-02-2005, 12:52 AM
Brilliant. Note that he is from Minnesota and has made the reverse transfer from being a Twins fan to a Nats fan (remember, the original Senators became the Twins after racist owner Calvin Griffith sought a whiter audience in the Upper Midwest).

Hoo boy, Griffith moved the franchise to MN to gain a "whiter" audience? :rolleyes: This one rates up there with the "Swastika Dome" thread that ended up in the ****house a couple of weeks ago.

If you look a little closer, I think the reason for the original Senators' move to Minnesota might have had something to do with the fact that they finished last in the league in home attendance in each of their final six seasons in Washington.

TommyJohn
06-02-2005, 07:50 AM
Hoo boy, Griffith moved the franchise to MN to gain a "whiter" audience? :rolleyes: This one rates up there with the "Swastika Dome" thread that ended up in the ****house a couple of weeks ago.

If you look a little closer, I think the reason for the original Senators' move to Minnesota might have had something to do with the fact that they finished last in the league in home attendance in each of their final six seasons in Washington.

Good way to get this thread locked but.....

I believe Calvin Griffith was on record as stating that one of the reasons he was
moving to Minneapolis was because there were about "only [so many] black
people." I don't remember the exact quote.