PDA

View Full Version : Question about Pod's Eye Black

Cubbiesuck13
06-01-2005, 05:25 AM
Does anyone know why he wears so much? Is it just me or does he wear more than anyone ever has? Doesn't bother me or anything, I was just curious.

PicktoCLick72
06-01-2005, 07:26 AM
To run faster.

Baby Fisk
06-01-2005, 08:08 AM
He went to the same high school as Alice Cooper.

Tekijawa
06-01-2005, 08:36 AM
The stealth color helps him fly under the radar!

34 Inch Stick
06-01-2005, 08:52 AM
He was a neglected as a child and his mother never taught him how to properly apply makeup.

fquaye149
06-01-2005, 08:54 AM
he doesn't actually wear eye black. they are black adhesive stips. look closely next time. as to why they're so big? i dunno.

Fungo
06-01-2005, 08:54 AM
That is sort of the "thing" right now and it seems to have started from college baseball. If you get a chance to watch some of the Regionals or College World Series, you'll see some guys wearing it like war paint. Matter of fact, a lot of the trends you see in baseball stem from college. Another, that I am not a big fan of, is the hat with no crease on the bill. It is almost perfectly straight, like it came right out of the box.

Procol Harum
06-01-2005, 09:23 AM
Little known to most Sox fans, Scott is starring in a dinner theatre production of "The Al Jolson Story" at the Lincolnshire Marriott after each day game....:wink:

Clembasbal
06-01-2005, 09:54 AM
That is sort of the "thing" right now and it seems to have started from college baseball. If you get a chance to watch some of the Regionals or College World Series, you'll see some guys wearing it like war paint. Matter of fact, a lot of the trends you see in baseball stem from college. Another, that I am not a big fan of, is the hat with no crease on the bill. It is almost perfectly straight, like it came right out of the box.

I only saw him wear the eye black hardcore on Monday (3:05 start). The stuff does work and the heavier you put it on, the less glare you are going to get...I assure you of this.

I see college kids doing it all the time, even my high schoolers did it, for what I do not know because half of them never sniffed the field. Like a team bonding thing I guess at the lower levels. But the eye black stuff is a miracleworker.

The stiff brims, I don't like that. I saw Sergo Mitre wearing that brim style at yesterday's game. I hate that look.

SoxxoS
06-01-2005, 11:02 AM
He has trouble getting girls.

Anyone notice that girls call him "Scottie 2 Hottie" I thought that was pretty funny.

mike squires
06-01-2005, 11:28 AM
It was funny. I told my wife last night, "Look at the guy in the front row, he's got the black under his eyes." My wife looked closer and said those are sunglasses you moron. He had them pulled down a bit and I could have swore he had the black paint under his eyes.

seanpmurphy
06-01-2005, 11:42 AM
Another, that I am not a big fan of, is the hat with no crease on the bill. It is almost perfectly straight, like it came right out of the box.

Thanks for pointing that out. I think it looks goofy as hell. I've noticed it's mostly the kids who dress with an "urban look" who wear it like that. And now Sergio Mitre. Haha. Oh well.

ChiSoxGirl
06-01-2005, 11:43 AM
He has trouble getting girls.

Anyone notice that girls call him "Scottie 2 Hottie" I thought that was pretty funny.

The proper terminology would be "Hottie Scotty!" :wink:

tstrike2000
06-01-2005, 02:49 PM

As long as he can get on base and steal bases, he could look like a horse's rear end for all I care.

ChiSoxGirl
06-01-2005, 02:52 PM
As long as he can get on base and steal bases, he could look like a horse's rear end for all I care.

Somehow, I knew you'd say that... we've had this conversation before, afterall! Believe it or not, I'm in agreement with you... it's just that his "Hottie Scotty" status is a bonus for female Sox fans! :wink:

tstrike2000
06-01-2005, 02:56 PM
Somehow, I knew you'd say that... we've had this conversation before, afterall! Believe it or not, I'm in agreement with you... it's just that his "Hottie Scotty" status is a bonus for female Sox fans! :wink:

Yes, I know we have. I just love giving you a hard time.

LVSoxFan
06-01-2005, 02:57 PM
The "no crease" hat look reminds me of the UPS man or a fisherman.

fquaye149
06-01-2005, 03:41 PM

you obviously aren't familiar with the oeuvre of scotty 2 hotty, grandmaster SEXXXXAY and rikishi "ph"atu

Cubbiesuck13
06-01-2005, 04:40 PM
I wore eye black when I played and understand the use of it. I have also seen the strips but never seen them so damn big.

I have not watched many college games becasue the Armed Forces Sports Network doesn't show many. Write your congressmen and tell them to show more college baseball and SOX games. Tonights SOX game is on at 11:30 tonight! I am glad I work nights.