PDA

View Full Version : Big Mouth Sabathia predicts Indians will win division

Nate_in_Kansas
06-01-2005, 12:37 AM
from http://www.startribune.com/stories/509/5432759.html

Indians lefthander C.C. Sabathia (4-3) strutted around the mound and chirped at the Twins dugout during the game. He also beat the Twins for the first time since September 2003. While Gardenhire was hot in the Twins clubhouse, Sabathia was just happy his team improved to 25-25.

"I think we're way better than .500," Sabathia said. "Leave it up to me, I think we're winning this division."

------------------------------

Here's what I think, Crooked Cap Sabathia: Your team will not even finish second this year. In fact, the Tiggers ain't far behind you: BE HAPPY WITH THIRD.

I absolutely despise Sabathia. The fattest friggin prick in the division. The guy just doesn't know when to shut up. Don't get me wrong, it's good to have confidence in your team, but why make such nonsensical predictions, and why act in ways that are likely to motivate the teams that already have leads over you?

He's such a loud-mouthed idiot. It's guys like him that make me wish pitchers would hit in the AL, so every team could put a pitch right back into his big pie-hole.

Thanks for letting me vent.

jabrch
06-01-2005, 12:39 AM
As long as they keep beating the Twins!!!

TaylorStSox
06-01-2005, 12:39 AM
Wrong forum.

Nate_in_Kansas
06-01-2005, 01:06 AM
Wrong forum.

You're right. Sorry!

Nate_in_Kansas
06-01-2005, 01:07 AM

Indians lefthander C.C. Sabathia (4-3) strutted around the mound and chirped at the Twins dugout during the game. He also beat the Twins for the first time since September 2003. While Gardenhire was hot in the Twins clubhouse, Sabathia was just happy his team improved to 25-25.

"I think we're way better than .500," Sabathia said. "Leave it up to me, I think we're winning this division."

Here's what I think, Crooked Cap Sabathia: Your team will not even finish second this year. In fact, the Tiggers ain't far behind you: BE HAPPY WITH THIRD.

I absolutely despise Sabathia. The fattest friggin prick in the division. The guy just doesn't know when to shut up. Don't get me wrong, it's good to have confidence in your team, but why make such nonsensical predictions, and why act in ways that are likely to motivate the teams that already have leads over you?

He's such a loud-mouthed idiot. It's guys like him that make me wish pitchers would hit in the AL, so every team could put a pitch right back into his big pie-hole.

batmanZoSo
06-01-2005, 01:09 AM

As rants go that's a hum-dinger. :cool:

skobabe8
06-01-2005, 01:17 AM
Does anyone know how Fat-bathia likes his crow?

IowaSox1971
06-01-2005, 01:40 AM
Let Sabathia talk. I don't have a problem with it. The Indians and Twins seem to be building up a big rivalry, so if the Indians can beat them a few times, that just helps us. Cleveland could come back and be a factor, but there are a lot of games for the Indians to make up.

nasox
06-01-2005, 01:46 AM
Who cares? They're nine games back of us.

kojak
06-01-2005, 02:13 AM
Hey, he didn't say what year !!

seanpmurphy
06-01-2005, 02:16 AM
What is it with players making huge claims lately? Can't people just go out and play anymore without trying to act like a hard ass?

Baby Fisk
06-01-2005, 08:07 AM
People will start taking Sabathia seriously when he stops dressing like a rodeo clown from the 'hood.

mccoydp
06-01-2005, 08:14 AM
Talk is cheap.

Hitmen77
06-01-2005, 08:14 AM
:whocares

Seriously, are we going to worry about every player who thinks his team is going to win the division? Do we really expect anyone to tell their fans that it would be crazy to think their team can reach 1st place?

:reinsy Now why did you have to bring that up?

SOXintheBURGH
06-01-2005, 08:16 AM
So, who am I supposed to hate more? Sabbathia or Zambrano? The similarities of hate inducing antics are awe inspiring.

Palehose13
06-01-2005, 08:39 AM
Let's take a look at what he said:

What do you expect him to say? "We aren't as good as we thought and the Sox are going to run away with the division?"

I have no problem with what he said, and IIRC we were in the same position as them not so long ago and expected that attitude from our players.

Kuzman
06-01-2005, 08:53 AM
I'm expecting Buddy Bell to make a similar comment after following his win over the yankees.

dcb33
06-01-2005, 09:00 AM
I absolutely despise Sabathia. The fattest friggin prick in the division. The guy just doesn't know when to shut up.

http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_124693.jpg"Hey, don't forget about me!"

D. TODD
06-01-2005, 10:40 AM
I don't understand why fans and the media get into an uproar when a player expresses confidence in his team. C.C. said what I'd hope the Sox players will say when talking about their expectations for their team. That they expect to win! With the Tribe struggling to comeback from their terrible start, it is probably more important then ever for their players to step up and show confidence. Minnesota still worries me much more then Cleveland, so until they back up C.C.'s words, I will focus on gaining ground on the Twinkies every chance we get. Go Tribe while your playing the Twinks!!

Flight #24
06-01-2005, 10:47 AM
Does anyone know how Fat-bathia likes his crow?

From looking at him, I'm guessing it's not how it's prepared, it's simply the volume that's provided that matters....

Rocklive99
06-01-2005, 10:50 AM
I hope he tries that ish about talking to the dugout on Sunday, I think AJ may have a present for one of their hitters...