PDA

View Full Version : Sox to play at Pac Bell Park

Chisox_cali
11-12-2001, 05:01 PM
the sox released their spring training schedule which includes 3 against the D-backs and a exhibition game at pac bell against the giants.

http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news_story.jsp?article_id=cws_20011112_springs ched_news&team_id=cws

FarWestChicago
11-12-2001, 05:15 PM
Whoa! Might have to do something about that.

Jerry_Manuel
11-12-2001, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago

Do you mean you are going to try to get tickets to the game or that the owners will have to cancel the game due to a strike?

If you do go say hello to Royce for us.

danman31
11-12-2001, 05:30 PM
This is great Pac Bell is the best stadium in all of baseball IMO.

FarWestChicago
11-12-2001, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Do you mean you are going to try to get tickets to the gameI think Ode and I should procure tickets if they become available. When the strike comes, we'll try to get a refund. If we can't, we can't.

Jerry_Manuel
11-12-2001, 05:40 PM
I think Ode and I should procure tickets if they become available. When the strike comes, we'll try to get a refund. If we can't, we can't.

Good idea, I assume you would be able to get a refund. If not ask Magglio for some kick back, I think the money he got from doing the pepsi spot should cover the ticket prices.

NUCatsFan
11-12-2001, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
the sox released their spring training schedule which includes 3 against the D-backs and a exhibition game at pac bell against the giants.

Sweet. I may have to go to PacBell Park myself.

Daver
11-12-2001, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by NUCatsFan

Sweet. I may have to go to PacBell Park myself.

Take enough MGD for Ode and FWC,I think you three will be the only ones there.

But then again what the hell do I know?

NUCatsFan
11-12-2001, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by daver

Take enough MGD for Ode and FWC,I think you three will be the only ones there.

But then again what the hell do I know?

In that case, it's just an excuse to get drunk, but oh well. Nothing wrong with that.

FarWestChicago
11-12-2001, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by NUCatsFan

In that case, it's just an excuse to get drunk, but oh well. Nothing wrong with that. Works for me...

doublem23
11-12-2001, 06:47 PM
Works for me...

Yeah, but doesn't getting drunk in Northern California mean getting a tad soused on some fine chardonnay?

FarWestChicago
11-12-2001, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

Yeah, but doesn't getting drunk in Northern California mean getting a tad soused on some fine chardonnay? For wussies. I prefer Cabernet and Merlot, LOL!

LongDistanceFan
11-12-2001, 07:20 PM
For wussies. I prefer Cabernet and Merlot, LOL! i rather have old sytle.........

doublem23
11-12-2001, 07:29 PM
For wussies. I prefer Cabernet and Merlot, LOL!

Ahh, so you're not going to get soused, you're going for all out tipsy! :)

HootieMcBoob
11-12-2001, 08:46 PM
Pac Bell is the best park I've been to. It has the best food by FAR (lobster/calimari/other great stuff). We took the tour and saw the clubhouse, dugouts, etc. Beautiful. You can watch the game for free thru the right field fence. When I was there, Galarraga hit a walk off job and the fog was so low, people couldn't see in the upper deck.

duke of dorwood
11-13-2001, 08:50 AM
:walk

FOG? Hmmm. I'd be untouchable

Bmr31
11-13-2001, 02:22 PM

yup! west cant pass up a chance to see his beloved giants play......

longshot7
11-13-2001, 03:01 PM
I may have to go up to SF for that game. West, you'll have to let me know when you get tix. Maybe we can tailgate.

Bmr31
11-13-2001, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by longshot7
I may have to go up to SF for that game. West, you'll have to let me know when you get tix. Maybe we can tailgate.

go farwestgiants!!! :)

FarWestChicago
11-13-2001, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by longshot7
I may have to go up to SF for that game. West, you'll have to let me know when you get tix. Maybe we can tailgate. If they don't strike, we'll have to get tix. You, Ode, NUCats and me will definitely have to tailgate. Maybe we can round up Czal, too. The Left Coast WSI Tailgate party. :)

ode to veeck
11-13-2001, 06:04 PM
West and I would prefer a barrel of Dago Red but all you can get at PacBell is Napa Cab and Merlot by the glass

Hey Daver, I think there's actually a few more WSI bodies in the Bay Area (NuCats etc), so there might be 5 or 6 folks at Pac Bell to see a true blue collar team like the Sox.

ode to veeck
11-13-2001, 06:07 PM
I like the tailgate idea, I can tie down my black diamond smoker on the back of my son's truck and smoke a pile of ribs and a bird or two all day before the game; we just need a designated driver to get us all home

NUCatsFan
11-13-2001, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
I like the tailgate idea, I can tie down my black diamond smoker on the back of my son's truck and smoke a pile of ribs and a bird or two all day before the game; we just need a designated driver to get us all home

Count me out on the ribs, but otherwise sounds good.

Daver
11-13-2001, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
West and I would prefer a barrel of Dago Red but all you can get at PacBell is Napa Cab and Merlot by the glass

Hey Daver, I think there's actually a few more WSI bodies in the Bay Area (NuCats etc), so there might be 5 or 6 folks at Pac Bell to see a true blue collar team like the Sox.

You get that NUcats?Bring two cases of MGD.

NUCatsFan
11-14-2001, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by daver

You get that NUcats?Bring two cases of MGD.

What? We're not going to be drinking decent beer?