PDA

View Full Version : Dye Dominates SportsCenter Top Plays

SpartanSoxFan
05-31-2005, 10:59 PM
For those that didn't catch SportsCenter, Jermaine Dye made the top 2 plays of the day. #2 overall was his web gem catch in the outfield, and #1 was his walk-off home run.

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

So.ILSoxFan
05-31-2005, 11:08 PM
For those that didn't catch SportsCenter, Jermaine Dye made the top 2 plays of the day. #2 overall was his web gem catch in the outfield, and #1 was his walk-off home run.

ESPN could out-do both of those plays by hiring themselves some new "anylists":rolleyes: . Anyway, way to go Dye, keep that fruit dancin!!!

-JB

DumpJerry
05-31-2005, 11:09 PM
Uribe's snag also deserved a shout-out.

rwcescato
05-31-2005, 11:13 PM

That funny because baseball tonight did not even give Dyes catch a web jem nominee or the home run a touch them all. I couldn't understand it. I figure they just must hate the Sox and all us fans.
Rich

boiler up
05-31-2005, 11:21 PM
That funny because baseball tonight did not even give Dyes catch a web jem nominee or the home run a touch them all. I couldn't understand it. I figure they just must hate the Sox and all us fans.
Rich

of course they hate us....the cubs are heating up!

chisoxfanatic
05-31-2005, 11:39 PM
Rich

Well, at least they led off BB2N with Jermaine's jack to end the game.

I'm dancin' with the banana tonight... :supernana:

batmanZoSo
05-31-2005, 11:39 PM

He singlehandedly won the game for us. Had the hit dropped, it would've been corners and nobody out. God knows what would've happened after that. At least one, maybe more. In that case, Dye's homer would've only tied the game, but it might not have happened at all because they would have had their closer in.

It just shows you how good he is at the core. If he could just stay healthy and not suck, he'd be great.

Jjav829
05-31-2005, 11:46 PM
He singlehandedly won the game for us. Had the hit dropped, it would've been corners and nobody out. God knows what would've happened after that. At least one, maybe more. In that case, Dye's homer would've only tied the game, but it might not have happened at all because they would have had their closer in.

It just shows you how good he is at the core. If he could just stay healthy and not suck, he'd be great.

Thanks for the analysis, Bob Brenly. :D:

If only all our players could adopt this "not suck" approach, we'd be unstoppable! :tongue:

batmanZoSo
05-31-2005, 11:49 PM

If only all our players could adopt this "not suck" approach, we'd be unstoppable! :tongue:

That's all I ask. :cool:

Jurr
06-01-2005, 11:29 AM

:rolling: :roflmao:

seanpmurphy
06-01-2005, 11:34 AM
Maybe these close bottom of the 9th wins will get the boys pumped up? Crede home run, Jermaine's been hitting well this series, Uribe has been improving. Let's hope the hot streaks are returning.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-01-2005, 11:37 AM

More unimpeachable analysis from the smart guys drawing paychecks at ESPN...

The key to winning: not sucking.

Yeah, we need 5 versions of ESPN to tell us this.
:kukoo:

It sort of makes you long for the days when the only channels on TV were 2, 5, 7, 9, and 11. At least all the morons were kept off the air.

:cool:

DaleJRFan
06-01-2005, 11:42 AM

He has really picked it up. He is on to something... even when he is making outs, he is hitting the crap out of the ball as well as foul ball strikes being hit well, too.

I'd wager his average is at 260 or 270 by the Allstar break. Go Jermaine.

kojak
06-01-2005, 12:30 PM
You guys just keep on watching ESPN and waiting for all the praise and glory. It ain't coming and you will spend most of your summer bitching about it.

Personally, I stay far away from the mediots and happily watch my MLB.TV and hang out in our chat to get the proper Sox ambiance (and stay away from the forum after losses). A perfect recipe for enjoying a championship season on the South Side.

nasox
06-01-2005, 01:42 PM
ESPN could out-do both of those plays by hiring themselves some new "anylists":rolleyes: . Anyway, way to go Dye, keep that fruit dancin!!!

-JB

Even ESPN can't hire "anylists"

SOXSINCE'70
06-01-2005, 03:11 PM

I would have reversed the order.For me,# 3 would have been Uribe's snag.:cool: