PDA

View Full Version : Injury to Freddy

G-Ville Sox
05-31-2005, 09:05 PM
I have not heard anything, have they said why he left the game? White Sox.com says it was an injury

The Racehorse
05-31-2005, 09:14 PM
Itchy hammy... left one, per DJ.

Jurr
05-31-2005, 09:17 PM
Well, Herm did come out onto the field, but he wasn't doing any quick checks for an injury. One of the first things that a trainer does when a player has something tweak on him is to do a quick check, just to palpate (press and feel) the spot and get a response. None of that went on, so hopefully he was just feeling some fatigue. I guess we'll see.

chisoxfanatic
05-31-2005, 11:28 PM
He easily walked off the field on his own will and didn't look too hurt. The extent of his "injury" is unknown; however, with the day off, meaning he wouldn't be starting again until next Monday in Colorado, I wouldn't think he'd miss a start.

Whitesox029
06-01-2005, 01:04 AM
He easily walked off the field on his own will and didn't look too hurt. The extent of his "injury" is unknown; however, with the day off, meaning he wouldn't be starting again until next Monday in Colorado, I wouldn't think he'd miss a start.
Colorado...[shudder]. No seriously...we need to take advantage of the park and go on an offensive tear or we may be lucky to win 2/3...just my two cents.

TaylorStSox
06-01-2005, 01:10 AM
It was just posturing. Freddy didn't have it tonight.

Foulke You
06-01-2005, 02:34 AM
Colorado...[shudder]. No seriously...we need to take advantage of the park and go on an offensive tear or we may be lucky to win 2/3...just my two cents.
The Rockies aren't a pushover in Coors, it is where they have racked up 90% of their wins. We'll need Freddy at 100% for that series, especially with no DH.

BaseballTonyght
06-01-2005, 07:41 AM

I was hoping he'd get a Colorado nod. I get about as giddy as a school girl when Freddy digs in the batter's box... Man it just cracks me up for reasons unknown :D:

He gone
06-01-2005, 09:18 AM
After Freddy gave up the homerun to Anderson he grabbed his left hamstring. Ozzie said in his post-game that it was a slight strain.

kevingrt
06-01-2005, 10:43 AM
Ozzie also expects Freddy to be ready to play versus Colorado. It looks like there should be no worries here just a little tweak. No trip to the DL and no screwing up the rotation. All seems good, just a little scare for the moment.

Ol' No. 2
06-01-2005, 10:50 AM
Ozzie also expects Freddy to be ready to play versus Colorado. It looks like there should be no worries here just a little tweak. No trip to the DL and no screwing up the rotation. All seems good, just a little scare for the moment.They have an off-day on Thursday, so he'll get an extra day of rest. They'll know better in a day or two when he throws his side session. If this was a Cubs player and they said it was a mild hammy strain I'd assume he had his leg amputated, but the Sox don't do that.

Sxy Mofo
06-01-2005, 11:31 AM
Man, I canNOT wait for the colorado series. Seems like it's taking forever to get here.

DaleJRFan
06-01-2005, 11:48 AM
It was just posturing. Freddy didn't have it tonight.

Good call.
He was at 90 pitches after 5.1 innings. They needed a reason to pull him so the fools on BBTN didnt rip into Ozzie.

:boston
"White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen has once again shown his inability to manage a pitching staff. How can you possibly pull your #2 starter in the sixth inning with a lead?? This team is going no where. When their schedule takes them to the AL east, their weaknesses will be revealed."

MUScholar21
06-01-2005, 11:52 AM
According to ESPN 1000 it is a strained hamstring, he will be re-evaluated today, and they didn't think it was anything serious. I'm sure Bruce Levine will have a report during Mac, Jurko, and Harry.

Sxy Mofo
06-01-2005, 12:32 PM
isn't this kind of thing along with duque (the odd injury and the expected injury-ies) the reason we can't trade McC for a hitter? The only way i see us trading him is for a more established pitcher from a losing team, but not for a hitter. And even then, we'd be trading a pretty decent pitcher now (and possibly one for a long time in the future).