PDA

View Full Version : Razor & Mr. T rip on Frank

Bisco Stu
05-31-2005, 09:49 PM
Local radio show here in SF. Ralph Barbieri and Tom Tolbert. They got a big chuckle out of the fact Frank got injured in his first game back.

Tolbert: "The big DL, that's what they call him now." :angry:

We can all take solace in the fact Tolbert's a lifelong Angels fan, and the Sox may just sweep 'em this week.

FarWestChicago
05-31-2005, 09:54 PM
Well, Ralph's a Gain'ts loving ass. Tolbert I normally like because he's funny. However, they get all their Chicago news from some Flub loving guy, Rory something or other. They are good for comedy, not knowledge of the teams of other cities.

SoxFan76
05-31-2005, 10:15 PM
Frank has been seriously injured, what, 2-3 times in his career? A pulled hip flexor hardly warrants the nickname The Big DL.

JRIG
05-31-2005, 10:31 PM
Well, Ralph's a Gain'ts loving ass. Tolbert I normally like because he's funny. However, they get all their Chicago news from some Flub loving guy, Rory something or other. They are good for comedy, not knowledge of the teams of other cities.

Rory Spears? He's a stringer.

FarWestChicago
05-31-2005, 10:32 PM
Rory Spears? He's a stringer.Yeah, that's the Flub lover they have on from time to time.

kevingrt
05-31-2005, 11:46 PM
Yeah, that's the Flub lover they have on from time to time.

Who doesn't love Scrubby lovers

BedfordChisox
06-01-2005, 09:34 AM
Were Ralph and Tom trying to insinuate anything with their remarks concerning Frank's injuries? That would be typical of them. They must have too much time on their hands. Lord knows there are no ballplayers from their local area with suspicious injuries that they could be discussing (I'm new here... so I apologize for the fact that I don't know how to turn that last sentence into teal).

I recently relocated from the Bay Area, and these guys were on in afternoon drive time, so it was hard to avoid them. I actually admired Ralph because he got into it with Dusty Baker a few years ago (I'm old... so it could have been Sabean or Colletti, but I think it was Dusty while he was still with the Giants). Tom was most effective discussing the NBA or hawking McDonald's dollar menu. This same station (or its sister station) employs some of the biggest hacks in sports radio. They've got some imbecile on in the middle afternoon who has embraced the Stuart Scott gangsta' talk sports journalism.

Personally, the only sports radio guy I liked out there was Gary Radnich, and he's better known for his television work.

Sorry that my first post here has to be a rant, but reading about these guys opens an old wound. These jerks only wish Bonds had 1/10th of Frank's credibility.

Go Sox!

SOXintheBURGH
06-01-2005, 09:41 AM
Were Ralph and Tom trying to insinuate anything with their remarks concerning Frank's injuries? That would be typical of them. They must have too much time on their hands. Lord knows there are no ballplayers from their local area with suspicious injuries that they could be discussing (I'm new here... so I apologize for the fact that I don't know how to turn that last sentence into teal).

I recently relocated from the Bay Area, and these guys were on in afternoon drive time, so it was hard to avoid them. I actually admired Ralph because he got into it with Dusty Baker a few years ago (I'm old... so it could have been Sabean or Colletti, but I think it was Dusty while he was still with the Giants). Tom was most effective discussing the NBA or hawking McDonald's dollar menu. This same station (or its sister station) employs some of the biggest hacks in sports radio. They've got some imbecile on in the middle afternoon who has embraced the Stuart Scott gangsta' talk sports journalism.

Personally, the only sports radio guy I liked out there was Gary Radnich, and he's better known for his television work.

Sorry that my first post here has to be a rant, but reading about these guys opens an old wound. These jerks only wish Bonds had 1/10th of Frank's credibility.

Go Sox!

Welcome aboard! :gulp:

tstrike2000
06-01-2005, 12:18 PM
When your team is at the top, everyone wants to rip on you because their team doesn't have the best record in baseball.

tacosalbarojas
06-01-2005, 02:43 PM
Frank has been seriously injured, what, 2-3 times in his career? A pulled hip flexor hardly warrants the nickname The Big DL.Who in the heck is Tom Tolbert...the Big Waterboy? Pleeeze with those career NBA numbers he should be the last guy talking smack.

skottyj242
06-01-2005, 02:57 PM
From the title of this post I really thought that Mr. T. a.k.a. Clubber Lang was ripping on Frank. No teal needed.

daveeym
06-01-2005, 03:00 PM
From the title of this post I really thought that Mr. T. a.k.a. Clubber Lang was ripping on Frank. No teal needed. I watched Rocky III on tnt last night also.

WinningUgly!
06-01-2005, 03:05 PM
From the title of this post I really thought that Mr. T. a.k.a. Clubber Lang was ripping on Frank. No teal needed.

Me too. I was seriously thinking...

http://www.finallyfit.net/port_lftram.jpg & http://www.seas.upenn.edu/%7Emehal2/MrT/mrt2.jpg