- Gonzalez for the Intimidators

BHAMBARONS
05-31-2005, 09:54 PM
[QUOTE=maurice]
- Phillips for the Barons

Barons rained out DH tomorrow weather looks no better for tomorrow

rdivaldi
06-01-2005, 10:08 AM
Since no one has mentioned it, Gio was absolutely dominating in his start last night.

8 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 9 K

Lowered his ERA to 1.77, good to see that he's rebounded from the injury problems rather quickly.

BigEdWalsh
06-01-2005, 11:06 AM
Since no one has mentioned it, Gio was absolutely dominating in his start last night.

8 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 9 K

Lowered his ERA to 1.77, good to see that he's rebounded from the injury problems rather quickly.

Gonzalez was absolutely dominant, allowing just the one hit, that not coming until the 5th inning. Zaleski got the Save(11). De Los Santos, Bernie Gonzalez, King and McCarthy all with 2 hits.

Winston-Salem was shutout on 2 hits, 6-0. Nuff said.

Charlotte won their game 3-2. Person pitched 6 fine innings. The other Josh Fields got the W (1-1, 4.25). Bajenaru (1.05) struck out the side in the 9th for his 6th Save. Roosevelt Brown homered.

maurice
06-01-2005, 01:15 PM

http://www.intimidatorsbaseball.com/images/news/News%20-%20Gonzalez,%20Gio.jpg
"Winston-Salem, here I come!"

:KW
"Patience, Grasshopper. You still
cannot walk on rice paper."

rdivaldi
06-01-2005, 01:39 PM
http://www.intimidatorsbaseball.com/images/news/News%20-%20Gonzalez,%20Gio.jpg
"Winston-Salem, here I come!"

:KW
"Patience, Grasshopper. You still
cannot walk on rice paper."

Any guesses on when Gio is going to be promoted Maurice?

McCarthy made 15 starts in Kanny before being promoted last year. Perhaps Gio will follow the same pattern...

Randar68
06-01-2005, 01:47 PM
Any guesses on when Gio is going to be promoted Maurice?

McCarthy made 15 starts in Kanny before being promoted last year. Perhaps Gio will follow the same pattern...

I would guess after the draft and signings have been made necessitating roster spots be opened at Kanny for some of the newly drafted pitchers. Gio spent a little while in Kanny last year and based on his start, he should be promoted as soon as the Sox figure out how to coordinate the roster moves necessitating moving him up...

maurice
06-01-2005, 01:53 PM
The injury might have slowed up the timetable a bit, but now that he's back, healthy, and productive, it's just a matter of time. Remember that he pitched at Kanny last season as well. Soon W-S's staff of LHPs will be absolutely wicked.

I'm interested to learn who will get the axe (or demoted to the pen) after the draft and after some guys are added from the DL (Lumsden) or extended spring training.

Miller's already gone. Who's next?