PDA

View Full Version : How can one purchase individual Scout Seat tickets?

cheeses_h_rice
05-31-2005, 03:58 PM
I've read a few posts from knowledgeable types like Steff that the Scout Seats are available for individual game purchase, but a quick trip to whitesox.com says otherwise.

Is this an option only available to full season ticket holders? Half season and up? 27 games and up?

Anyone know the deal? Also, if anyone has experienced a game in that section, how are the amenities?

mealfred13
05-31-2005, 04:00 PM
Try www.stubhub.com (http://www.stubhub.com)

It'll probably cost you and arm and a leg, but that's where alot of season ticket holders will sell tickets for games they can't attend. I don't know that there's any other way to get scout seat tickets, other than buying them from a season-ticket holder, or maybe if you're an actual scout.

DannyCaterFan
05-31-2005, 04:01 PM
I am a 27 game package season ticket holder and the White Sox sent me a letter in April saying that individual games were available for purchase for scout seats. Those seats however, were only being offered for dates in April and May. Beyond that, I am not sure. Seems to me they would be available to buy if they are not sold.

Fenway
05-31-2005, 04:13 PM
I see the Boston scalpers have scout seats

S-13002$260.00

Chicago White Sox vs Anaheim Angels - 06/01/2005 7:05 PM Chicago, IL
US Cellular Field (Comiskey Park Baseball) S-130 - 02 2 $260.00 $520.00

http://www.aceticket.com/LiveTicketDetail.asp?EventID=327358

I am almost afraid to look to see what they getting for the Boston games in July :?:

Chicago White Sox vs Boston Red Sox - 07/23/2005 6:05 PM Chicago, IL
US Cellular Field (Comiskey Park Baseball) 127 - 33 4 $390.00 $1,560.00

ACK

steff
05-31-2005, 04:25 PM
For the 8,321st time... call the Sox and they will sell you the damn Scout seats.

ramorgan1
05-31-2005, 04:28 PM
the scout seats are awesome. i was lucky enough to "know someone" and was able to attend a game... the face price is quite steep, but they actually make it worth it. put out a really nice dinner buffet, as well as all free food and alcohol during the game as well... it's really nice and super super close seats...

Sadly, it kinda spoils the rest of the seats though... i'll be there tonite but won't be able to be in scout seats...

ewokpelts
05-31-2005, 04:34 PM
the scout seats are awesome. i was lucky enough to "know someone" and was able to attend a game... the face price is quite steep, but they actually make it worth it. put out a really nice dinner buffet, as well as all free food and alcohol during the game as well... it's really nice and super super close seats...

Sadly, it kinda spoils the rest of the seats though... i'll be there tonite but won't be able to be in scout seats...do you eat the buffet in the tented area off gate 4?
Gene

ramorgan1
05-31-2005, 04:41 PM
do you eat the buffet in the tented area off gate 4?
Gene

yes - until they get it permanently built. although you can always take a plate out and eat in the seats, but i would've felt a little weird eating the fancy food right in the seats...

first time i've ever had a mixed drink at a ballpark (with the possible exception of previously maybe sneaking some Jack in to go in my Coke...)

cheeses_h_rice
05-31-2005, 04:41 PM
For the 8,321st time... call the Sox and they will sell you the damn Scout seats.

I just left a message with the Sox ticket office for those damn Scout Seats.

:thumbsup:

skobabe8
06-01-2005, 01:25 AM

I did that about a week ago and the guy I talked to told me they were not for sale for individual games.

steff
06-01-2005, 05:12 AM
I did that about a week ago and the guy I talked to told me they were not for sale for individual games.

I bought yesterday for 2 individual games in September, and I know countless others who have bought them - non season ticket holders also so it's not just for us. I'm sorry who you talked to gave bad info.

cheeses_h_rice
06-01-2005, 12:00 PM
I bought yesterday for 2 individual games in September, and I know countless others who have bought them - non season ticket holders also so it's not just for us. I'm sorry who you talked to gave bad info.

Steff, I spoke with a woman in the Sox ticket office today, and she said that while they were selling individual scout seats for the April and May games, beginning now they're offering them only to existing scout seat holders, and then after that they'll offer them to season ticket holders, and if there are still seats leftover they'd be offered to the general public. She said that it would probably be late June before season ticket holders could buy those tickets, so I'm going to try and get some through my brother who is a full season holder.

steff
06-01-2005, 12:27 PM
Steff, I spoke with a woman in the Sox ticket office today, and she said that while they were selling individual scout seats for the April and May games, beginning now they're offering them only to existing scout seat holders, and then after that they'll offer them to season ticket holders, and if there are still seats leftover they'd be offered to the general public. She said that it would probably be late June before season ticket holders could buy those tickets, so I'm going to try and get some through my brother who is a full season holder.

Which is probably why I got them I guess (since we're full season holders) and those that weren't got them last month.

For those of you that wanted them.. sorry they cut it off. Hopefully for you guys there will be some at the end of June.

Ol' No. 2
06-01-2005, 12:32 PM
Which is probably why I got them I guess (since we're full season holders) and those that weren't got them last month.

For those of you that wanted them.. sorry they cut it off. Hopefully for you guys there will be some at the end of June.I just got an email from my rep advertising the availability of individual game scout seat tickets for the remainder of the season for season ticket holders. It didn't mention availability to the general public, but I'd guess they'll sell them at some point rather than leave them vacant.

steff
06-01-2005, 12:36 PM
I just got an email from my rep advertising the availability of individual game scout seat tickets for the remainder of the season for season ticket holders. It didn't mention availability to the general public, but I'd guess they'll sell them at some point rather than leave them vacant.

They were selling them to the public.. the dork CFO here (Cub fan) bought 5 games (1 in April and 2 in May) and supposedly 2 in June. This was 2 weeks into the season though..

In any event.. sorry those that wanted them didn't get them. Shouldda called sooner.. :tongue:

cheeses_h_rice
06-01-2005, 12:39 PM
I just got an email from my rep advertising the availability of individual game scout seat tickets for the remainder of the season for season ticket holders. It didn't mention availability to the general public, but I'd guess they'll sell them at some point rather than leave them vacant.

...which pretty much contradicts what the Sox ticket rep told me on the phone today. She said right now it was only existing scout seat holders who could buy them.

:rolleyes: