PDA

View Full Version : Carlton Fisk Sportscentury episode on now

rowand33
05-31-2005, 03:12 PM
the Carlton Fisk Sportscentury episode is on ESPN Classic right now, if anybody cares.

FedEx227
05-31-2005, 07:30 PM
yeah I just got done watching it, it was alright...the usual sap story about how great Boston is and how signing with the Sox wasn't what he really wanted to do his heart was in boston..blah blah...

Fisk playing LF was pretty hilarious though.

A.T. Money
05-31-2005, 08:35 PM
Darn I missed it. But I checked TiVo, and the upcoming ones feature Bill Veeck, Jimmy Piersall, and Bo Jackson.

Also, Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig as well.

LongLiveFisk
05-31-2005, 09:36 PM
I think that's the one I've seen a bunch of times and I have it on tape somewhere (I swear, one of these days I am actually going to sit down and go through my VHS tapes!) :D:

mccoydp
05-31-2005, 09:38 PM
Darn I missed it. But I checked TiVo, and the upcoming ones feature Bill Veeck, Jimmy Piersall, and Bo Jackson.

Also, Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig as well.

Where is that cool picture on your sig that has Beuhrle on it?

gobears1987
05-31-2005, 09:41 PM
Where is that cool picture on your sig that has Beuhrle on it?
That's not Mark Buehrle. It's "Burly," a paper towel mascot on "The SImpsons"

mike squires
05-31-2005, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I watched it and then took a nap. :smile: I always enjoy watching anything about the Sox but I always get frustrated on this piece cause it just goes to show the lack of class shown by Reinsdorff. Everyone interviewed associated with the Sox at that time pretty much said what the hell were they thinking. Fisk put too much time, effort, blood, sweat and tears to be let go the way he did. Ala Mike Cameron. (different stature but disrespectful nontheless!) We are lucky he even considered coming to the 83 reunion a few years ago. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall if there was any conversation between Fisk and Reinsdorff.

pinwheels3530
05-31-2005, 10:57 PM
Does anyone have any info on when the Sox will unveil the Fisk statue this year?

mccoydp
06-01-2005, 09:11 AM
That's not Mark Buehrle. It's "Burly," a paper towel mascot on "The SImpsons"

I know that, but I saw one that you were testing with Buerhle's face on it instead of Burly...I thought it was pretty clever.