PDA

View Full Version : best time to get tickets via box office at the cell

jake27
05-31-2005, 01:27 PM
im looking to get a sweet seat for tonights game. ive heard that they resell the season ticket holders tickets if htey odnt use them (or something like that). when would be the best time to go to the box office to get some of these. any other tips on how to get them to give me the real best seats?

mantis1212
05-31-2005, 01:29 PM
2 hours before gametime is when these tickets go on sale in my experience. You might be able to get some real good seats...

I want Mags back
05-31-2005, 01:30 PM
ohh...so thats how 4 seats in row 19 behingd the bullpen just randomly opened up yesterday at 1:30. The guy at the ticket window said all they had was 500's but then he got these

ewokpelts
05-31-2005, 02:02 PM
the sox dont re-sell season tickets...they sell whatever wasnt used by vips/group sales dept/front office...any tickets that DID NOT GET SOLD by the st sales dept are released earlier in the month....

Gene

DumpJerry
05-31-2005, 02:08 PM
In years past, I've had very good luck (section 131 more than once) in getting tickets less than 1 hour before game time. These are the turn ins.

Nowadays, I'm looking for a "Greek Shipping Magnate Heiress" ala Paris Hilton's finace's sister maybe, so I can buy Scout seats next season.

kkappelk
05-31-2005, 02:44 PM
Does anyone know if these "released" tickets are available via ticketmaster? How about telephone? Or is it only at the box office in person?

rmusacch
05-31-2005, 02:53 PM
ohh...so thats how 4 seats in row 19 behingd the bullpen just randomly opened up yesterday at 1:30. The guy at the ticket window said all they had was 500's but then he got these

I did that once at Wrigley on a Tuesday afternoon one summer when I was in town and got a seat right behind the third base dugout, able to put my feet on the dugout if the bitch usher didn't keep coming by and telling me to take them down.

DumpJerry
05-31-2005, 03:32 PM
Does anyone know if these "released" tickets are available via ticketmaster? How about telephone? Or is it only at the box office in person?
I'm thinking Box Office. Cheaper that way because there are no Ticketmonster charges. I once was showing lousy best available for a game a couple of weeks ago on TM, so I went to the Box Office and got great seats that TM did not know about.............the seats were in the season ticket section and I bought these four days before the start of the game.

StillMissOzzie
06-01-2005, 12:50 AM

Welome to WSI! :welcome:

SMO
:gulp:

kkappelk
06-01-2005, 03:46 PM
Thanks. Been here for years, just never posted.

Muopsies
06-01-2005, 05:44 PM
Yesterday I was able to get 5 seats in 132 only 20 rows up a few hours before the game. Who turns in these seats?

MRKARNO
06-01-2005, 05:54 PM

A few hours before game time, you cannot get tickets from Ticketmaster. These tickets are usually only available a few hours before the game starts at the box office. If you ante up, you can often get tickets right behind home plate in the non-scout seat sections.