PDA

View Full Version : The real reason why Hermanson was not used Monday

DumpJerry
05-31-2005, 12:05 PM
I just learned that Hermanson told Ozzie, after trying to warm up during Monday's game, that he was tight and it was not going to be able to get loose. That is why Ozzie did not bring him in. I was in 548, a section that looks down into the Sox' 'Pen, and saw him warm up for part of the 8th and 9th, but kept sitting down, so the story had credibility. (No, this was not overheard by a friend at baggage claim in Phoenix who was standing near KW who was on a cell phone.)

SoxFan78
05-31-2005, 12:08 PM
I think you are talking about what Ozzie said during his press confrence. Something to the fact that "Hermy" said he was tight and not ready to go.

Now we learn that Ozzie meant Herm Schneider said that Frank was tight and could not go. Thats the real story.
This is from ESPN 1000 on the Silvy and Carmen show.

cheeses_h_rice
05-31-2005, 12:32 PM
Buehrle started the 9th because he was rolling and only had thrown about 90 pitches.

Hermanson wasn't used after Buehrle put 2 men on because Erstad was still on Anaheim's bench, and if Hermanson came in to pitch, Sciosia would have put in Erstad to PH. Apparently, Hermanson's history against him has not been good.

CHISOXFAN13
05-31-2005, 12:49 PM
I think you are talking about what Ozzie said during his press confrence. Something to the fact that "Hermy" said he was tight and not ready to go.

Now we learn that Ozzie meant Herm Schneider said that Frank was tight and could not go. Thats the real story.
This is from ESPN 1000 on the Silvy and Carmen show.

B and B and Stone just talked about this and indicated that Ozzie was saying Herm Schneider said Frank was tight not Hermanson.

DumpJerry
05-31-2005, 01:01 PM
My friend heard Hermanson say this on WGN-TV this morning. It was not a mis-interpretation of Ozziespeak.

I want Mags back
05-31-2005, 01:26 PM
I was sitting behind the Pen, he looked fine

DaleJRFan
05-31-2005, 04:16 PM
I just learned that Hermanson told Ozzie, after trying to warm up during Monday's game, that he was tight and it was not going to be able to get loose. That is why Ozzie did not bring him in. I was in 548, a section that looks down into the Sox' 'Pen, and saw him warm up for part of the 8th and 9th, but kept sitting down, so the story had credibility. (No, this was not overheard by a friend at baggage claim in Phoenix who was standing near KW who was on a cell phone.)

This is a misquote. Ozzie was talking about Hermie as in Herm Schnieder, in regard to Frank Thomas being stiff and not being able to run well (which was why he was spelled by Timo).

Baby Fisk
05-31-2005, 04:20 PM
I was sitting behind the Pen, he looked fine

On TV (ESPN), Hermanson looked raring to go as the 9th inning began... :dunno:

Tekijawa
Maybe he's on the trading block as part of the Joe Crede for (Insert 3rd basemans name here) trade and they don't want him to get injured for fear of the deal falling appart!

PAPChiSox729
B and B and Stone just talked about this and indicated that Ozzie was saying Herm Schneider said Frank was tight not Hermanson.

So Frank can pitch? This team is unbeatable!!

BeviBall!
05-31-2005, 04:27 PM
It cracks me up that Ozzie is that afraid of Erstad.

swanson24
05-31-2005, 04:29 PM
The lesson learned from this thread is that "Hermie" is a dangerous word to use. Herm Schneider and Dustin Hermanson are two different people. ESPN host Dan MacNeal (spelling uncertain) admitted that a slight mistake occurred and that as of May 31st Dustin Hermanson is healthy. Take it as you will.

Tekijawa
05-31-2005, 04:35 PM
The lesson learned from this thread is that "Hermie" is a dangerous word to use. Herm Schneider and Dustin Hermanson are two different people. ESPN host Dan MacNeal (spelling uncertain) admitted that a slight mistake occurred and that as of May 31st Dustin Hermanson is healthy. Take it as you will.

Maybe the Cubs should employ this type of "deception" especially now that the names are off the back of the Jerseys! They can refer to every one on the team as "that guy over there". For example "that guy over there (no pointing, no gesturing), may be injured, but tests are inconclusive. He will be re-evaluated and put on the DL for an undetermined amount of time... if he is infact injured in the first place, otherwise, he will be day-to-day, until further notice."

It works even better as a Press release!

swanson24
05-31-2005, 04:39 PM
lol. I know I set myself up to get laughed at by pointing out the obvious. Hopefully this thread like the season will move forward with the White Sox winning games and I will try to think before I type.
:D:

CleeFan101
05-31-2005, 05:44 PM
The reason Hermy wasnt brought in was because if he was like said b4 Erstad would of batted and Hermy hasnt been that good vs lefties... Also the guy Marte was facing was only hitting like .100 vs lefties... basicly it was a flike he got a hit and the real person to blame is Iguchi... although cant be 2 mad at him since he been so good b4 this 1 game.

kevingrt
05-31-2005, 10:49 PM
We won regardless lets put this move behind us and move on to more W's.