PDA

View Full Version : parking question

biznuts81
05-31-2005, 11:38 AM
I will be going to the game tonight, but driving instead of taking the red line. I haven't drove to a game in about 5 years, just wondering if anyone has and tips that could help me get a good cheap spot. Thanks!

Joosh
05-31-2005, 11:53 AM
The McDonalds across the street?

As far as I am aware of, Parking costs the same everywhere at the Cell. At least that has been my experience. Try getting there a little early to get a good spot.

Tekijawa
05-31-2005, 11:54 AM
Make friends wit someone in the Neigborhood! Save yourself $20...

Ol' No. 2
05-31-2005, 11:56 AM
There's lots of places where you can park for free. And chances are good that someone will helpfully offer to "watch" your car for you...for a small fee.

BRDSR
05-31-2005, 12:00 PM
There are a lot of options across the interstate. Get off at 31st street and take a left across the interstate and then just keep your eyes open. You may not park for free, but you can park for cheap without worrying about there being a problem. Just make sure you allow an extra 20 minutes or so.

dcb33
05-31-2005, 12:04 PM
If you're willing to get to the game early for tailgating or going to a bar, I would recommend parking in lot G (it's just west of the train tracks on the north side of 35th). They have an early bird special for that lot- if you get there 2 hours or more prior to gametime, parking is $8. I take advantage of the special whenever I drive to a game. Here's a link to a map of the area for your reference:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ballpark/cws_ballpark_directions.jsp

jake27
05-31-2005, 12:08 PM
i always go across the express way kinda by the green line and i park by there. i can find a spot for free 90% of the time.

biznuts81
05-31-2005, 12:14 PM
What about parking by the roosevelt or harrison stops on the red line? Does anyone know if you can park and ride from there?

SpammySosa
05-31-2005, 12:24 PM
They have an early bird special for that lot- if you get there 2 hours or more prior to gametime, parking is $8.

Actually,you can get there an hour and a half before the game for the discount,but they are sticklers about exact time.If you get there with 1 hr 29 mins to spare,you are out of luck.

Rocklive99
05-31-2005, 12:25 PM
Well, if you get there real early, I've heard about the $8 price for parking at the Cell.

As for free, people give advice in this thread http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=661388&postcount=9

VeeckAsInWreck
05-31-2005, 12:27 PM
What about parking by the roosevelt or harrison stops on the red line? Does anyone know if you can park and ride from there?

No free parking by those stops. They both have a lot of metered parking spots that are watched closely. I once got a ticket with 5 minutes left on the meter. However, I recommend parking @ the Halsted orange line stop, you can then take the Orange and transfer to red. It beats paying $17.

dcb33
05-31-2005, 12:28 PM
No free parking by those stops. They both have a lot of metered parking spots that are watched closely. I once got a ticket with 5 minutes left on the meter. However, I recommend parking @ the Halsted orange line stop, you can then take the Orange and transfer to red. It beats paying $17.

They have a park and ride across the street from that stop. It costs $2.

ewokpelts
05-31-2005, 12:31 PM
you can park at the halsted station and take the wallace bus to 35th...stops right by grandstand....

Gene

I want Mags back
05-31-2005, 02:34 PM
I get off at pershing, park at the western union for $10, and walk down Princeton